The Jordan O'Keefe Appreciation Thread

HMOHMO Posts: 42,218
Forum Member
Positive comments only please :)

Thought this guy was actually pretty good - a good song choice and he made it sound different to the original, and has a great tone to his voice as well.

Comments

• rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree.. He is good., but totally on the wrong show.,. I watch to be amazed
  • jadojado Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed his audition! I discovered his youtube about 3 years ago and I made a thread for him in the music board on ds, so he's got 2 appreciation threads at the minute. It's amazing seeing his followers shoot up! When I followed him he had 1500 followers and now he has 21000! his twitter is @jordyokeefe
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great voice i really like him but im not sure this is the show for him following jordy on fb now im sure he,ll do well
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,218
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    Agree.. He is good., but totally on the wrong show.,. I watch to be amazed

I will agree with you on the fact that he could have gone on X Factor, but the main reason some of these singers come on BGT is because they seem to think it's a larger platform and less pressure. I don't have an issue with that, as I doubt some of the singers who enter BGT (and I'm talking about those who seem eligible for X Factor) would be accepted on X Factor.

i would like to hear one of his own songs if he makes it to the semi-finals.
  • Mr Hunny BunnyMr Hunny Bunny Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he'd do better on the X Factor.
    Forum Member
    I think he'd do better on the X Factor.

I think we'd all agree but there's got to be some reasoning as to why he opted for BGT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He auditioned for x factor back in 2010 and didn't get through, i also read somewhere that he auditioned for bgt a while ago and got a no, but he came back.
    Forum Member
    jado wrote: »
    He auditioned for x factor back in 2010 and didn't get through, i also read somewhere that he auditioned for bgt a while ago and got a no, but he came back.

Many acts that auditioned for XF and fail come to BGT. The Mend are an example.
  • RussJRussJ Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    It looks as though he did audition for the X Factor and got rejected. That's were he met Niall Horan from One Direction apparently.
    Forum Member
    And that's probably why he came to BGT.

Who else would like to hear one of his own songs in the lives should he make it?
    Forum Member
    He's been doing phone calls to people who tweet him - way to go building a fan base :D
    Forum Member
    Good performance but I don't think he'll get through. Too much competition tonight.
    Forum Member
    I didn't think he'd get through over the ventriloquist, but well done to him.
    Forum Member
    Well, his final performance was his best. Sixth place isn't bad - and I wasn't in the best of moods when he did get through but he proved himself and the ventriloquist went through anyway. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jordan tweeted saying there will be an album this year and he'll also be in the US in march. good luck to him!!