Options

What shoes to go with this dress?

fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
Forum Member
http://www.coast-stores.com/macie-dress/new-in/coast/fcp-product/2143441398

Just bought it.

It is for a birthday lunch at The Ivy.

I want shoes. Not platforms of any kind. They should be a bit different and funky but not the same colour as the dress.

What do you think? Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Actually, don't worry. Received this dress and it is incredibly, arse baringly short. Why, why??
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,021
    Forum Member
    I was just about to say how lovely it was. Agree, why aren't mini-dresses described at such any more? Shift dresses used to be to the knee, not up the backside.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I was just about to say how lovely it was. Agree, why aren't mini-dresses described at such any more? Shift dresses used to be to the knee, not up the backside.

I've seen a few dresses described as midi and yet be above the knee :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I find Coast sizing poor tbh. I find their stuff uncomfortable. I'm a pretty standard size 16 everywhere and their stuff is just not right. I think it's ok if you are small.
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame, a beautiful dress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha, I see they have reduced this now. probably due to all the returns from sensible women who would rather cover their bottom in public.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does give the measurement of 26" from underarm to the hem - did you see that and work it out in relation to your height ? I'm 5' 7½ and that would mean on me the dress would come about 2-3 " above the knee. Or was it a misprint or something ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It does give the measurement of 26" from underarm to the hem - did you see that and work it out in relation to your height ? I'm 5' 7½ and that would mean on me the dress would come about 2-3 " above the knee. Or was it a misprint or something ?

I don't really measure stuff before I buy it tbh. I have never really needed to before, but I know I have a really long body proportionally, so perhaps that is why it feels rather short on me - the waist came up high. I just don't think Coast stuff suits me, simple as.