Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    No news of John I see.

Guess he doesn't want anyone to know anything until he has gone back to Oz. Oh well.

This weekend will be spent trying to sort out my passport renewal. You can't go to the Embassy anymore and before you do anything you have to watch a 10 minute youtube presentation. Really need to be a genius to figure everything out. Still, a passport is so very important!

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Isn't augusta due back soon?

I,m sure, we will hear when he arrives
    well Mario can never keep a secret
    he will let the cat out of the bag :D

good luck with the passport thing
    Embassies are a nightmare, you never get a easy answer :blush:
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Happy Birthday Lena

Hope you have a lovely day

Lots of love

xxxx
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Happy Birthday Lena

are you doing anything special?

luv m xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im home....safely....

holidays are lovely, but its always good to be home.

have I missed anything?

we even went up to London today, to the Globe theatre to watch , King Lear. ive never watched this play before, and I think its brilliant. a kind of house of cards for the Elizabethan era !!! trouble is its not that comfy sitting at the Globe, and its a long play :-D

so how are you all?
  • Options
    Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for my birthday wishes, that's another year flown by.

O/h brought me tea in bed this morning along with my cards and pressies. :)
    My birthday cake was a lemon drizzle with white icing, very tasty.
    O/h announced he didn't put candles on as with the number needed we would be done for breaching emissions. :blush::o

Received some very pretty bath flowers that smell divine from a dear friend, a DVD box set from my son and an official personally signed photo (not a print) of Il Divo from my o/h.:D

Good to see you back Augusta, hope you had a lovely time. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Don't think you've missed much, fairly quiet here really.
    Are they hard seats at
    The Globe? Perhaps you should have taken a nice plump cushion? :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I,m sure, we will hear when he arrives
    well Mario can never keep a secret
    he will let the cat out of the bag :D

good luck with the passport thing
    Embassies are a nightmare, you never get a easy answer :blush:

Haha, that's true, so I went to have a little look at his twitter. ;-)

Someone mentioned to Mario that John had said he (Mario) would be on Raylan (Rylan??) Show in August.
    Mario replied that he was 'just waiting for the princess that is John James to get here lol'

That was on 6th so guess his arrival must be fairly imminent?? :confused::D

It can't possibly be that John is going to appear also, can it?? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Haha, that's true, so I went to have a little look at his twitter. ;-)

Someone mentioned to Mario that John had said he (Mario) would be on Raylan (Rylan??) Show in August.
    Mario replied that he was 'just waiting for the princess that is John James to get here lol'

That was on 6th so guess his arrival must be fairly imminent?? :confused::D

It can't possibly be that John is going to appear also, can it?? :o

Hmmm - who knows? John is more secretative than either MI6 or MI5! Hope we hear something soon.

So glad that you had a lovely birthday Lena and that you had a bit of a pampering. You certainly deserve it.

Watched a bit of TUMBLE last night - before O/H took remote and switched on to Cricket>:(>:(>:( - think the celebs are very brave to do this. Still, very good for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    im home....safely....

have I missed anything?

we even went up to London today, to the Globe theatre to watch , King Lear. ive never watched this play before, and I think its brilliant. a kind of house of cards for the Elizabethan era !!! trouble is its not that comfy sitting at the Globe, and its a long play :-D

so how are you all?

Glad to have you back augusta. Hope you had a lovely time.

You haven't missed a thing!

I know what you mean about the GLOBE. Last time I went I had to see an osteopath.

My neighbour and I are going to the local Arts Centre to see TWO GENTLEMAN OF VERONA live from Stratford. Cheaper than the theatre really.

Now that you have seen KING LEAR you can read A THOUSAND ACRES. It is based on the story of King Lear.

Well, best get going. Raining out so won't be out in the garden today - will finish reading a book I started two weeks ago.

Have a good day all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    morning everyone........

back to reality with a bump, the dish washer has gone wrong, the sink was blocked and we need the gas boiler to be services, the car to be serviced.....this is going to be a busy week....

Tenerife is hot and the scenery is fascinating....so bleak and sparse..with hotels and apartment blocks everywhere. its a strange mix.

But my highlight was getting on a tiny boat and going out whale watching...we saw a family of pilot whales which was enthralling.

I think one of the things holidays remind me of, is how lucky we actually are in the UK. We have shops full of a huge variety of different foodstuffs, and restaurants as well, what disappointed me about where we were, was that every restaurant seemed to serve variations of the same thing....chicken, steak or fish...mainly with canarian potatos. Its an island that hasn't caught up with the idea of vegetarian food at all...!! Ok so the fish was delicious, but......I thought they could have had some imaginative vegetarian tapas for instance...but they didn't. :-(

King lear was and is based on one of my favourite fairy tales ever. I cant remember its title but its the one about the father and the 3 daughters, and the youngest one loves him as much as salt, and gets banished, but its proved by the end that all the other riches are meaningless because we need salt to live unlike jewels, gold etc....I didn't really see much of the story in the presentation I saw, but lear did make a fuss of the salt from Cordelia's tears at the end!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning!

I can't remember the fairytale either. Sorry.

Oh dear, you have come back to reality with a bump. Hope all goes well now.

Going for coffee this morning.

No news of John I see. He really is keeping a low profile. Still, now that he is so bulked up no one will recognize him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning all

please, don't come near me.......... i have a summer cold :(
    sniff ..... sniff ..... atishoooo ....... sniff ...... sniff :)

been quite busy, lots on, but nothing fun
    of to read back,

hope all are good xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im home....safely....

have I missed anything?

so how are you all?

welcome back
    hope you had a wonderful time :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you so much for my birthday wishes, that's another year flown by.

O/h brought me tea in bed this morning along with my cards and pressies. :)
    My birthday cake was a lemon drizzle with white icing, very tasty.
    O/h announced he didn't put candles on as with the number needed we would be done for breaching emissions. :blush::o

Received some very pretty bath flowers that smell divine from a dear friend, a DVD box set from my son and an official personally signed photo (not a print) of Il Divo from my o/h.:D

Good to see you back Augusta, hope you had a lovely time. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Don't think you've missed much, fairly quiet here really.
    Are they hard seats at

The Globe? Perhaps you should have taken a nice plump cushion? :blush::D

Happy Belated Birthday Wishes Lena
    pleased you had a good day
    its always nice to be spoilt :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmm - who knows? John is more secretative than either MI6 or MI5! Hope we hear something soon.

So glad that you had a lovely birthday Lena and that you had a bit of a pampering. You certainly deserve it.

Watched a bit of TUMBLE last night - before O/H took remote and switched on to Cricket>:(>:(>:( - think the celebs are very brave to do this. Still, very good for you.

But the Cricket was amazing
    bowled India out in one session, it only took us 3 days to beat them
    now 2 - 1 up...... in the series, England looking better, but our batting still looks a
    little unstable :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    morning everyone........

back to reality with a bump, the dish washer has gone wrong, the sink was blocked and we need the gas boiler to be services, the car to be serviced.....this is going to be a busy week....

Tenerife is hot and the scenery is fascinating....so bleak and sparse..with hotels and apartment blocks everywhere. its a strange mix.

But my highlight was getting on a tiny boat and going out whale watching...we saw a family of pilot whales which was enthralling.

I think one of the things holidays remind me of, is how lucky we actually are in the UK. We have shops full of a huge variety of different foodstuffs, and restaurants as well, what disappointed me about where we were, was that every restaurant seemed to serve
    variations of the same thing....chicken, steak or fish...mainly with canarian potatos. Its an island that hasn't caught up with the idea of vegetarian food at all...!! Ok so the fish was delicious, but......I thought they could have had some imaginative vegetarian tapas for instance...but they didn't. :-(

King lear was and is based on one of my favourite fairy tales ever. I cant remember its title but its the one about the father and the 3 daughters, and the youngest one loves him as much as salt, and gets banished, but its proved by the end that all the other riches are meaningless because we need salt to live unlike jewels, gold etc....I didn't really see much of the story in the presentation I saw, but lear did make a fuss of the salt from Cordelia's tears at the end!!!

sorry everything has gone wrong, it always happens in groups :(

so agree about Tenerife, went one Christmas, for winter sun
    snap with the highlight though
    the Whales watching trip, was the best bit for me also....... just amazing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning!

I can't remember the fairytale either. Sorry.

Oh dear, you have come back to reality with a bump. Hope all goes well now.

Going for coffee this morning.

No news of John I see. He really is keeping a low profile. Still, now that he is so bulked up no one will recognize him.

Morning ...... enjoy your coffee morning xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    morning everyone....

I m so sad to hear of the death of Robin Williams...RIP to an amazing man. Its partly the way that he died. Depression can be such a horrendous thing.;-(

But also partly cos he is an actor and comedian I have always loved and admired. From one of my favourite childhood show, Mork and Mindy, which was never a critical success, but always great fun! Through all his childrens films like the Genie in Aladdin and Mrs Doubtfire, which I watched with my kids, to the adult roles he did so superbly. I just cant believe he has gone. :-(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    morning everyone....

I m so sad to hear of the death of Robin Williams...RIP to an amazing man. Its partly the way that he died. Depression can be such a horrendous thing.;-(

But also partly cos he is an actor and comedian I have always loved and admired. From one of my favourite childhood show, Mork and Mindy, which was never a critical success, but always great fun! Through all his childrens films like the Genie in Aladdin and Mrs Doubtfire, which I watched with my kids, to the adult roles he did so superbly. I just cant believe he has gone. :-(

A light has gone out today, we have lost a comic genius and a hugely talented man. :cry:

I used to love Mork and Mindy and I never tire of watching Mrs Doubtfire, one of my all time favourite films. :D
    My o/h and I were only talking about Dead Poet's Society the other day, another on our all time list.

It brings home once again just how fragile life is. :(
    Rest peacefully Robin Williams, you have left an amazing legacy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning all

of to read back,

hope all are good xxx

I have my surgical mask on georgy so think I'm safe. Hope you are taking lots of honey and lemon and getting some rest. You seem to have burned the candles at both ends if you don't mind me saying.

Take care of yourself and hope someone will pamper you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But the Cricket was amazing
    bowled India out in one session, it only took us 3 days to beat them
    now 2 - 1 up...... in the series, England looking better, but our batting still looks a
    little unstable :D

Agree with you georgy - wonder if John has seen any of it.

Wonder who will come in instead of Broad? This last test was very exciting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A light has gone out today, we have lost a comic genius and a hugely talented man. :cry:

I used to love Mork and Mindy and I never tire of watching Mrs Doubtfire, one of my all time favourite films. :D
    My o/h and I were only talking about Dead Poet's Society the other day, another on our all time list.

It brings home once again just how fragile life is. :(
    Rest peacefully Robin Williams, you have left an amazing legacy.

Didn't hear the news about Robin Williams until 9 am after I finished posting

Lena, you have expressed my thoughts exactly about Robin Williams. My favourite was Good Morning Vietnam.

You know that Robin Williams paid for some of Christopher Reeves' (Superman) hospital bills after Reeves' horrible accident . He was a wonderful comedian and a true and constant friend.

May he rest in peace.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Morning all

of to read back,

hope all are good xxx

Sorry to hear you have the dreaded lurgy. :(
    Take nyannie's advice and you'll soon be fighting fit again. :)

Thank you for your birthday wishes, another year gone - are they speeding up? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't hear the news about Robin Williams until 9 am after I finished posting

Lena, you have expressed my thoughts exactly about Robin Williams. My favourite was Good Morning Vietnam.

You know that Robin Williams paid for some of Christopher Reeves' (Superman) hospital bills after Reeves' horrible accident . He was a wonderful comedian and a true and constant friend.

May he rest in peace.

Goooooooood Morning Vietnam! It's 0600 hrs. What does the "O" stand for?
    Oh my God, it's early!

Sums up how I feel most mornings. :D

How sad that he generously helped out a friend in need and if reports are true was now facing bankruptcy. :(

There are some wonderful tributes from all around the world. I always think it's terribly sad that the person that's passed never sees them. I hope he knew what joy and laughter he brought to so many people. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the very heavy squally showers we were treated to yesterday morning, today I'm being treated to clear skies and plenty of sunshine. :)

Wash load number three is in the machine and I'm topping up the tan while I still can.
    Hope you're all having a good day, whatever you're doing. :D

Back to my Kindle now for another chapter. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    evening all....a lazy day gardening...and waiting for tradesmen.

and sitting with daughter no 1 watching Orange is the new black. I think I like this series

I think it sounds as if John has gone back to oz without coming to visit us :-( never mind maybe next time.