Forum Member
    Go for it, Niki !
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Nico's going to the naughty step.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brundle and Herbert both think it was a racing incident - clumsy but not intentional. Brundle pointed out no driver would risk a front wing against a back tyre as the front wing often comes off worse against the rim.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Bit worried about this sudden "This is totally unacceptable" rhetoric.

So, Rosberg's got a 30 point lead and now they're gonna tell the drivers not to fight with each other?
    Convenient.... for Rosberg.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eddie Jordan getting all excited blaming the team???
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Brundle and Herbert both think it was a racing incident - clumsy but not intentional. Brundle pointed out no driver would risk a front wing against a back tyre as the front wing often comes off worse against the rim.

No driver... except Kimi, eh? ;-)
  • BaccattackBaccattack Posts: 2,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow we're really being spoilt this season. Another cracking race and a demonstration of what can happen when you choose not to employ team orders.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    No driver... except Kimi, eh? ;-)

Kimi's on a planet all of his own. :D
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Eddie Jordan getting all excited blaming the team???

Jordan's making a fool of himself.

All credit to Toto and Niki, even Coulthard, for saying it how it is but Jordan? Bonkers!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit worried about this sudden "This is totally unacceptable" rhetoric.

So, Rosberg's got a 30 point lead and now they're gonna tell the drivers not to fight with each other?
    Convenient.... for Rosberg.

They were fine until they collided. I don't know how they are going to pull these two in line - both are spitting feathers for different reasons.
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Don't mention vee War!

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double points in Abu DhabI could come into play here.
    Forum Member
    Good interview from Hamilton. Shows he isn't just a heavy right foot.

He's saying that he was being out-paced by cars such as the Saubers and FIs which meant that, even if there was a safety-car, he wouldn't be able to get himself past them and into the points.
    If he could figure that out, while pedalling around at 200mph, it kinda makes you wonder why the team didn't make the same decision.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member

Racing incident by the normal criteria, yes.

But you just should never be taking such a risk with your teammate in such a situation.

And Eddie now rather confuddled by the clear team criticism of Nico after he had tried to shut the boos down.

Eddie, Nico is widely acknowledges as a very intelligent guy. I hardly think the team need to sit down with diagrams to point out to them that it is not a good idea to risk running into the back of your teammate !
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And they couldn't be more right!

All this hand wringing and booing and sunglasses during interviews is just pantomime

I'm a Bottas fan, the guy is some serious talent
    Forum Member
    indiana44 wrote: »
    But you just should never be taking such a risk with your teammate in such a situation.

Unless you're ahead in the championship.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davidson states that, if the booing continues, Mercedes might pull out the team orders card to protect their drivers from criticism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    And they couldn't be more right!

All this hand wringing and booing and sunglasses during interviews is just pantomime

I'm a Bottas fan, the guy is some serious talent

No suggestion there that you just don't like Hamilton then ;-)
    Forum Member
    Davidson states that, if the booing continues, Mercedes might pull out the team orders card to protect their drivers from criticism.

What? They're going to order the team not to boo Rosberg? :confused:
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Wow! I thought this F1 season was fascinating enough as it was but the drama rolls on with nico and lewis the so called "teammates" this has been 1 of the very best season's in a long time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? They're going to order the team not to boo Rosberg? :confused:

No, they'll stop the drivers from racing each other to prevent the crowd from booing the drivers if they make an error.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    No suggestion there that you just don't like Hamilton then ;-)

Dammit, I thought I'd covered that up quite well :blush:

The BBC commentators would never understand if I wasn't, apparently we all are, right?
    Forum Member
    No, they'll stop the drivers from racing each other to prevent the crowd from booing the drivers if they make an error.

Not sure any team (other than Ferrari) have ever had a flat-out "Don't overtake the guy who starts ahead" order.
    At best, it's usually a case of "no overtaking after the last pit-stop".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have both Hamilton and Rosberg signed contracts for next season yet?
    Forum Member
    Have both Hamilton and Rosberg signed contracts for next season yet?

More to the point, I wonder if either of them have a clause in their contact which says they'll accept team-orders?