The media is starting to turn on Simon Cowell

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone else noticed? He's getting a real kicking in today's papers and is being blamed for the sacking of the Nations Sweetheart. The tide started to turn with the axing of Danni Minogue the other week and in today's Daily Mirror one commentator is claiming that Simon doesn't like women very much and see's them only as arm candy:eek:

I don't think it looked very good for him when he left BGT and X Factor UK for the US Version, it looked as though he was abandoning us for them.

I think the press are slowly coming around to the fact that the only person Simon really cares about is himself. He's ruthless and callous and discards people with little concern for their well being or regard for their feelings. He's a very cold unfeeling person imo.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    Never mind.A wedding will turn it around for Dame Cowell - after all he is such a ladies man and has such chemistry with his fiancee;)
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, i don't keep up to speed on Simon Cowell news. Has he came out yet?
  • dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon is first and foremost a business man. You don't get where he is today without being ruthless.

In any business tough decisions have to be made by those at the top, he has made no secret that he goes with his gut feelings and personally I admire that, it shows he is being true to himself. If he gets it wrong he isn't afraid to admit it, as he has done on several occasions.

If it was him that made the decision to drop Cheryl, then it couldn't have been an easy decision to make. It would have been a far easier option to let it ride and hope it worked out. None of us know what was behind that decision.

I'm sure he is a tough boss and one that expects 100% from those he employs, but saying that, I would rather work for someone like Simon who is honest with you and respects you for your worth and your loyalty. These things have to work both ways.
  • Tree-Of-LifeTree-Of-Life Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He sure is heading for a major fall from grace and I for one will relish every single moment of it.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He sure is heading for a major fall from grace and I for one will relish every single moment of it.

I'd much prefer the c**t to fall from a skyscraper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »

:o Warnings should be given before reading stuff like that I have biscuit and coffee everywhere. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Only if he takes a string of z-listers and the nations Sweetheart with him!
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are the media going to do? Stamp their foot until Simon reinstates their darling media princess?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To say I hate someone in the public eye would be cruel and a bit overstated, but I certainly dislike this man. Everything about him oozes smug arrogance - his latest advert for BGT running on ITV1 at the moment is a case in point. Can't bear to watch anything he is on or appears on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I was upset at Dannii's departure from XF (though I hadn't liked her as much on this last series) but would like to shake Cowell's hand and those of the others involved in dumping Cheryl from XF US.
  • bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh FFS - just because Fox dare to wake up and smell the coffee and sack Princess?! How bloody dare they.

Hate the gutter press how they have to slate someone for sacking HRH. Why don't they look at the real problem here - CC has NO talent, that's why she was sacked. Not her accent. Christ, she was punching well above her weight with that job anyway. Everyone knows this.
  • belfastkidbelfastkid Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't it more say something of the state of the media in this country that its taken this long for them to stop being up his arse 24/7 when me and many others could see that he was in it for himself and doesn't care about "making peoples lives better" from the start??
    And as far as I can tell his PR channel ITV are still very much lodged up there.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't like women, he doesn't like men, he doesn't like children...he likes animals though!!! :) He said so once, and I remember he did an RSPCA advert. For that reason I always try to see the good in him.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    When it comes between his having to choose between Cheryl and his US backers, Cheryl is out of the building before she can pack her bags.

He has been very aware of their power and perhaps they are the one things that he has to take notice of.

Everyone has their price, Cheryl will be crying all the way to the bank and Cowell will keep his backers sweet.
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good, he can take Chezza with him. :D
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What took them so long?
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, i don't keep up to speed on Simon Cowell news. Has he came out yet?

Probably got a super-injunction or 3. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Don't worry, Maxie Clifford will sort it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artangel wrote: »
    Don't worry, Maxie Clifford will sort it!

Exactly, at the end of the day Simon has much more pull with the tabloid press and the whole reason Cheryl has been pushed down our throats for the past two years in particular is due to her association with him. The X-Factor and Britain's Got Talent and their potential dramas and endless array of interesting tabloid fodder contestants fill far more column inches than one individual and they know which side their bread is buttered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I was upset at Dannii's departure from XF (though I hadn't liked her as much on this last series) but would like to shake Cowell's hand and those of the others involved in dumping Cheryl from XF US.

Would you still like to shake his hand after he offers her the head judge job at UK X Factor to make up for hurting her feelings?
    bridgetb wrote: »
    Hate the gutter press how they have to slate someone for sacking HRH. Why don't they look at the real problem here - CC has NO talent, that's why she was sacked. Not her accent. Christ, she was punching well above her weight with that job anyway. Everyone knows this.

Exactly. She tried, but she failed. This happens all the time when people try out new things.

I think Cheryl's talent is whatever it is about her that makes a lot of the UK and the media treat her like a pampered princess who should have everything she wants handed over immediately on a silver platter because she is little (even though she's taller than most people she's photographed with) and adorable (even though she often shows that she is a massive bitch), and she cries pretty tears when someone sings a sad pop song (though she was once rebuked by a judge for showing no remorse for punching someone in the eye). That's her talent!
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    He doesn't like women, he doesn't like men, he doesn't like children...he likes animals though!!! :) He said so once, and I remember he did an RSPCA advert. For that reason I always try to see the good in him.

Caring about animals is great, but the thing about people who say they like animals more than people - you have to ask yourself why that is. It's often because they are not very likeable or nice to other people, whereas animals will be nice to anyone who gives them a biscuit and pats them on the head. People are more complicated and challenging and it takes more to earn their love, loyalty and respect than a jar of Winalot.

I'm not having a go at you by the way, your comment was a nice one, but it's interesting to ask someone who likes animals more than people why they do!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member

Both my kids have just rushed up to the lappy to see what I've just burst out laughing at. Nice one.
  • emmaxfemmaxf Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    simon cant tell talent from his arse!
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh FFS - just because Fox dare to wake up and smell the coffee and sack Princess?! How bloody dare they.

How very true...I cant stand the sight of Cowell but you cant blame the guy for sacking someone who has no talent...beggers belief he thought she was up to it to begin with
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »
    How very true...I cant stand the sight of Cowell but you cant blame the guy for sacking someone who has no talent...beggers belief he thought she was up to it to begin with

Not that I care for either of them, but he must have known for a while that she had no talent, but it was him pushing her into XFUS. They made an impression they were friends. One would think that he would talk her out of it, rather than doing this.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This.
    I guess it's easy for some to blame Simon for everything. Cheryl Cole could go out and say something. It's up to her.