37 year wait - Your help needed, please!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
Forum Member
Hi all,

My name is Phil, and my partner's (of 16 years) name is James Moran. He is a 50 year old survivor of clerical sexual abuse and he has waited 37 years for the Irish authorities to bring one of his abusers to court.

We have a blog if you would like to find out more about his story:
www.37yearwait.blogspot.com

We need your help please!

Chapter 20 is the last remaining, censored chapter in Judge Yvonne Murphy's report into the handling of clerical child sex abuse allegations by the Catholic Church and the Irish State.

Chapter 20 has remained censored on foot of a High Court direction that its full publication could damage the trial of a defrocked priest charged with the sexual assault of children in the 1970s and 80s.

Former priest Patrick McCabe was sentenced last month by the Circuit Criminal Court. As a result of his trial, there is now no further need for the blanked-out chapter to remain secret.

We have set up an online petition, and we would be extremely grateful for your support:
https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...-murphy-report

The petition only takes a second to sign, but I would be grateful if you could share it with your friends and family too... You can do that with Facebook, Twitter or Email, after you have signed.

The Murphy Report will reveal the truth about why James' statements lay undiscovered for several decades. During these years Patrick McCabe was allowed to travel abroad undetected and unmonitored, and abused again. many times.

James, and the other victims of Patrick McCabe have a right to know what is contained within Chapter 20, in order to put that part of their life’s jigsaw together. The victim’s lives are now in the public domain through the Murphy Report and they have a right, by association, to know the truths contained within.

37 Years is a lifetime of waiting. Enough is enough. Please help us that we can try and get some 'closure'.

Sorry if you feel this is the wrong forum for this kind of thing, but we are new to social media and the like.

Thank you very, very much.

Phil and James :)

Comments

• finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got justice. Move on. Life's too short.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    fink wrote: »

Wow. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    What she is asking is for us to sign the petition to find out what was wrote about James in chapter 20 and the others. Then they can move on. . . A lot of people who have been abused need closure its so easy for us who haven't to just have that attitude.

I often have the attitude as like last poste has said. The preist has been found out. And have been done for it. Don't waste any more of your life with living in the past
    Forum Member
    mrsbadger wrote: »
    What she is asking is for us to sign the petition to find out what was wrote about James and the others. Then they can move on. . . A lot of people who have been abused need closure its so easy for us who haven't to just have that attitude.

Thanks Mrs Badger! X Oh, btw.... I am a 'He' not a 'She' !!!
    Forum Member
    This is going swimmingly! ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Sorry my mistake. !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sensitive soul aren't you. :cool:
    Forum Member
    Our aim is to try and change the future for other people. So that this isn't allowed to damage other people's lives. After so many years living with the effects of the abuse, it is very hard to just 'stop thinking about it' - By doing something positive, we hope to cancel out some of the negative.
    Forum Member
    mrsbadger wrote: »
    Sorry my mistake. !

No worries Mrs Badger! X
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,068
    Forum Member

:rolleyes:
    I think that it is the victims right to know the full extent of the report. Until they do then I can quite understand they may not feel they have all the answers they need to move on.
    Not having been a victim of anything even remotely near this I would never deign to tell someone who has that they have had their justice and should now put it behind them. It obviously isn't that easy.
    OP I wish you and your partner the best and hope you get what you need to help your partner put his life in a place he wants it to be xx
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes:
    OP I wish you and your partner the best and hope you get what you need to help your partner put his life in a place he wants it to be xx

Thanks Sally. After struggling for many years with it, we both feel that we are achieving something. That something great can come out of something so unpleasant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our aim is to try and change the future for other people. So that this isn't allowed to damage other people's lives. After so many years living with the effects of the abuse, it is very hard to just 'stop thinking about it' - By doing something positive, we hope to cancel out some of the negative.

You may wish to explain yourself, which is fine, but there is absolutely no need. Ignore batfink.

Best of luck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've signed it OP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've signed it.
    Forum Member
    geniusgirl wrote: »
    I've signed it OP

Thank you Geniusgirl! :)
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    I've signed it.

Thankyou woodbush (that sounds itchy!) :)
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,830
    Forum Member
    Signed. Good luck to both of you.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,068
    Forum Member
    Signed it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou woodbush (that sounds itchy!) :)

It's OK.

I was born in Nantwich at The Barony (now Princes Court)
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    It's OK.

I was born in Nantwich at The Barony (now Princes Court)

It's a nice little town (growing all the time though) - I am Alsager originally. Posh Clayhead!
    Forum Member
    Richard46 wrote: »
    Signed. Good luck to both of you.

Thanks Richard. Means a lot. :)
    Forum Member
    Signed it :)

Thanks Randy, erm, RandomSally! You are a star :)
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

My name is Phil, and my partner's (of 16 years) name is James Moran. He is a 50 year old survivor of clerical sexual abuse and he has waited 37 years for the Irish authorities to bring one of his abusers to court.

We have a blog if you would like to find out more about his story:
    www.37yearwait.blogspot.com

We need your help please!

Chapter 20 is the last remaining, censored chapter in Judge Yvonne Murphy's report into the handling of clerical child sex abuse allegations by the Catholic Church and the Irish State.

Chapter 20 has remained censored on foot of a High Court direction that its full publication could damage the trial of a defrocked priest charged with the sexual assault of children in the 1970s and 80s.

Former priest Patrick McCabe was sentenced last month by the Circuit Criminal Court. As a result of his trial, there is now no further need for the blanked-out chapter to remain secret.

We have set up an online petition, and we would be extremely grateful for your support:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...-murphy-report

The petition only takes a second to sign, but I would be grateful if you could share it with your friends and family too... You can do that with Facebook, Twitter or Email, after you have signed.

The Murphy Report will reveal the truth about why James' statements lay undiscovered for several decades. During these years Patrick McCabe was allowed to travel abroad undetected and unmonitored, and abused again. many times.

James, and the other victims of Patrick McCabe have a right to know what is contained within Chapter 20, in order to put that part of their life’s jigsaw together. The victim’s lives are now in the public domain through the Murphy Report and they have a right, by association, to know the truths contained within.

37 Years is a lifetime of waiting. Enough is enough. Please help us that we can try and get some 'closure'.

Sorry if you feel this is the wrong forum for this kind of thing, but we are new to social media and the like.

Thank you very, very much.

Phil and James :)

Hi Phil - have you made a direct approach to the Minister for Justice's office - Alan Shatter?
    Forum Member
    Hi Phil - have you made a direct approach to the Minister for Justice's office - Alan Shatter?

We have Patsy. They don't seem to want to help very much. Sad really. On the blog is a list of people we have contacted by email and post. They will answer enquiries from the press quicker than they do from the 'survivors' - which seems unfair.
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You don't move on until everything is sorted. YOu don't score high on emotional intelligence, do you?