The Nicholas McDonald Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more. I had goosebumps listening to him tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    A rising Star for sure, I can see the Producers of X factor giving him all the support as he is 16 to really get it on

Cant wait for his 1st album :)
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see this week seems to have rekindled his momentum. He might challenge Sam B for the prize yet :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I bet Nicholas is singing an Olly murs song lol
  • sgeandhusgeandhu Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our boy us still there despite the producers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sgeandhu wrote: »
    Our boy us still there despite the producers.

... and the mounting hate on the main forum :D

I don't get why so many people call him boring. He's got a beautiful tone and is very expressive. I guess some people just like jazz hands.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just listening to the choices for next week. I'm thinking I'm going to vote for 'Just The Way You Are'. I think it would suit his tone perfectly and it's more modern than most of the things they've been giving him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Just listening to the choices for next week. I'm thinking I'm going to vote for 'Just The Way You Are'. I think it would suit his tone perfectly and it's more modern than most of the things they've been giving him.
    That would be the best song for him. The kid is incredibly talented, he needs modern songs to showcase himself.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would definitely choose Just the Way You Are
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, that's what I voted for. Hopefully it'll come out on top.
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for Nicholas this week. He clearly didn't feel comfortable with his songs, he has a sore throat, Louis seems to have turned his affection to Luke and the producers seem to give him rubbish slots on the show.
    I hope his fans vote to keep him in for the semi final and remember the outstanding performances that he always gives.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he's still there. Hopefully he can come back from this week and get some decent songs again. And also *not* be on first again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Loving nicky's song choices for this week, hopefully he smashes it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad Nicholas was safe and is through to the final
    Forum Member
    I'm delighted that Nicholas is through. He so deserves to be there.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    congrats to nicky!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well deserved!
    Forum Member
    A well deserved place in the final - against all attempts to portray Nicky in a bad way!

Well done to him - hope he wins
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes very well deserved. I must admit I'm slightly fearful of him actually winning though, I get a feeling that the knives will come out if he does, people willing him to fail :(
  • sylsyl Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Nicholas , you done great and so gracious in defeat x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    he did great and hope he does great in the future I think he is the real winner second place is a great achievement
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was amazing and was very gracious in defeat I hope this isnt the last we see of him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hannah wrote: »
    He was amazing and was very gracious in defeat I hope this isnt the last we see of him

Me too. He has a truly beautiful voice. I have a horrible feeling that Syco aren't interested in him though, given the lengths they went to to make sure he didn't challenge for the win.

I can only hope someone with the resources and wherewithal out there will pick him up and put in the time to develop him artistically - would be a true loss not to hear that voice again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I really think someone will sign him up, really hope it isn't syco tho, nicky would be so much better goin to another label and spin the type of music that he wants to do, I will defo buy his album and from the following he has got I suspect he will be a huge success :-) what a slap in the face for syco if he was to become more successful than Sam :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Showbiz impresario Jonathan Shalit last night hailed Nicholas as a world-class star – and called winner Sam Bailey a “one-trick karaoke pony”.
    Jonathan – who discovered Charlotte Church and manages N’Dubz, Tulisa, Kelly Brook, Myleene Klass and Lorraine Kelly – has already met Nicholas and his family.
    He predicted: “Nicholas will sell millions of CDs. He is absolutely delightful.
    “He has a maturity of voice beyond his years and a massive depth and range.
    “He has sung everything from You Raise Me Up to She’s The One.
    “He has massive colour to his voice and can emotionally connect with people.
    “There is no limit to where he can go. He’s unique. He also has a wonderful innocence and that makes him very interesting.
    “Sam is a great karaoke singer but Nicholas brings his own richness and character to a song.
    “Sam doesn’t bring originality. She’s a one-trick pony whereas Nicholas is multidimensional and is the real deal.”
    Jonathan scoffed at comparisons between Nicholas and former Scots X Factor winner Leon Jackson.
    He added: “Leon won and six years later people are asking, ‘Who?’ With Nicholas, that won’t happen

I wanted to show you this all the Nicholas fans someone was very angry yesterday about what happened