Options

I felt betrayed by Louis

Comments

• Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Daily Fail... Plus he was lucky to get to the final lets be honest he hasnt a hope in hell of being successful so he should be greatful for where he got to and that his fan base managed to carry him so far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bitter already? Bad timing if you really do want to slag of those who got you where you are today.....

Nicholas wont get signed, he has no personality, no stage presence, is not versatile in his singing style and comes across as a bit of a bore.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Skepticism wrote: »
    Bitter already? Bad timing if you really do want to slag of those who got you where you are today.....

Nicholas wont get signed, he has no personality, no stage presence, is not versatile in his singing style and comes across as a bit of a bore.

Agree 100%
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Nicholas, he has a lovely voice. I was puzzled at the song choices.. Candy?? It was awful. Louis is fake.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a point about Louis. "I want people to VOTE FOR SAM!". Charming. Then again, the guy has no credibility, he said the exact same when Nicholas sang.

I think the "Gary picked on my performances" is silly, though. Gary was very complimentary when he enjoyed a performance. And I say this as someone who finds Gary rather irritating on the whole.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hes right though but Louis always been like that he has never supported his own acts. I dont think hes bitter from everything I read he is so happy he came 2nd
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I didn't disagree with what he said but did think that's the end of him. i also noticed he was refered to as x factor loser. last week he was x factor star. That didn't take long. All a bit unpleasant really
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's right though, Louis can be a really horrible little man some times.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick's mum saying Gary was unprofessional because he didn't stand up when the other judges did...they aren't obliged to stand :confused:
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis saying vote for sam isnt anything new.

Every year from the semi finals on every single act is the best there is and every act should be the winner according to louis, its what he does, he never says negative stuff to any of them by that point. Its his job to enthuse the public, he's good at it, and its why he's been there 10 years.

Nicholas should know better than taking his critiques seriously really, and if he had to, he certainly should know better than moaning about it to the press.
  • Options
    TutunkaTutunka Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis saying vote for sam isnt anything new.

Every year from the semi finals on every single act is the best there is and every act should be the winner according to louis, its what he does, he never says negative stuff to any of them by that point. Its his job to enthuse the public, he's good at it, and its why he's been there 10 years.

Nicholas should know better than taking his critiques seriously really, and if he had to, he certainly should know better than moaning about it to the press.

Disagree, he was treated terribly throughout the past month. Louis laughing at his croak, terrible song choices, show position. He had the worst run of show positions than any contestant in the shows history and to put the knife in Louis' attitude on the XTra Factor was disgusting.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK I've never rated Nick as a singer and found him dull and bland. However, I will defend Nick here as I felt he was unfairly treated by Louis and the rest - it was blatant to see. The favouritism regarding Tamera that badly backfired on them and the total disregard of someone who comes across well - I find that baffling. As a Tamera supporter, I hated it that they made her their "golden child" and that made me annoyed - I knew she will get a lot of backlash...I can understand the anger and frustration of all Nick fans on here....but guys at least Nick came 2nd and lost against a consistently good singer in Sam
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    TBF if you listen to what Louis says every act deserves to be in and win the final, Sam, Louis, Rough Copy, Luke, Abi, Tamara, Kingsland Road, Sam C were all given the same "vote for them their brillant" Louis love.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    OK I've never rated Nick as a singer and found him dull and bland. However, I will defend Nick here as I felt he was unfairly treated by Louis and the rest - it was blatant to see. The favouritism regarding Tamera that badly backfired on them and the total disregard of someone who comes across well - I find that baffling. As a Tamera supporter, I hated it that they made her their "golden child" and that made me annoyed - I knew she will get a lot of backlash...I can understand the anger and frustration of all Nick fans on here....but guys at least Nick came 2nd and lost against a consistently good singer in Sam

i don't think he said any of that wat the paper said he didn't talk to the daily mail sum of quotes came from the daily record in Scotland his mother said he was disappointed what Louis did but he had no hard feelings about it and that he was at the party but was so wrecked he went away early the mother was the person you said gary was unprofessional not Nicholas i cant people the daily mail, mirror, star or sun des days a lot of stuff is made up
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't think he said any of that wat the paper said he didn't talk to the daily mail sum of quotes came from the daily record in Scotland his mother said he was disappointed what Louis did but he had no hard feelings about it and that he was at the party but was so wrecked he went away early the mother was the person you said gary was unprofessional not Nicholas i cant people the daily mail, mirror, star or sun des days a lot of stuff is made up

I don't believe some of the tabloids but I just felt he was treated unfairly for some reason, especially in the running order of singing 1st or 2nd> But Louis coming out saying Sam must win seems that he did not have much faith in his own acts..I would't say that at all
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tutunka wrote: »
    Disagree, he was treated terribly throughout the past month. Louis laughing at his croak, terrible song choices, show position. He had the worst run of show positions than any contestant in the shows history and to put the knife in Louis' attitude on the XTra Factor was disgusting.

Yep. SInce he topped the votes by quite a margin in Week 6 they did everything they could to kill his chances and Louis was a massive part of that. He's supposed to be a mentor, someone who is supportive, who provides good advice, who helps Nicholas be the best that he can be. Not the person who guides him away from singing his best song from the lives, who suddenly starts undermining him with every word that comes out of his mouth, who suddenly starts giving him song choices that don't just actively ignore his strengths but emphasise his weaknesses.

Of course he feels betrayed - he was. Louis' behaviour on Xtra Factor after the result only confirmed what had been depressingly obvious for weeks. He's supposed to be a professional yet he continued to mock Nicholas even after the the knife had been plunged in. Frankly, he should be ashamed, instead he was gleeful, like a teenage bully.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »

Oh what happened here? :o

Wish Dan would have said more. :p
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis turned of both his boys. First he tried to get talentless Sam to get to the final. Then he told radio djs that he wanted Nickty to win - with Luke sitting next to him! And then when Nicky is about to battle it out with Sam he goes 'vote for Sam' 'congrats Sharon,you have the winner'
    Thats Louis.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    He has a point, his own mentor saying Vote for Sam when his own act (Nick) has just sung is a bit much. He should be careful not to come across as ungrateful though, he came 2nd out of thousands of people. I didnt think he'd get as far as he did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    He said in article he was glad Sam won, just felt let down by Louis, I totally agree with him as a lot of people do goin by the Facebook comments he gets
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I don't believe some of the tabloids but I just felt he was treated unfairly for some reason, especially in the running order of singing 1st or 2nd> But Louis coming out saying Sam must win seems that he did not have much faith in his own acts..I would't say that at all[/QUOTE

he showed a lack of respect for both of his acts during the show the radio interview where he annoyed luke then the next week he changed his mind dramically and turned on Nicholas. Sum of songs that Nicholas got was awful the climb and candy were just awful songs it was pure obvious that Nicholas was polling very well in votes so they were trying control him and it almost backfired on them i never seen a contestant on so early either first or second so much a lot of people would find him boring or bland performer but i think the advice he was given during the show was pure rubbish i think firstly they wanted him just to make up the numbers then they realised he was very popular and the onces they were pushing were not rough copy were pushed so much but only 10% in semi final was a disaster and tamera was pushed too and she never did well in vote
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    He has a point, his own mentor saying Vote for Sam when his own act (Nick) has just sung is a bit much. He should be careful not to come across as ungrateful though, he came 2nd out of thousands of people. I didnt think he'd get as far as he did.

Well, as Louis always says whenever he's quoted, don't believe everything you read in the papers. Besides, once you read the article it doesn't come across as badly as the word 'betrayed' suggests. Indeed, Nicholas appears not to have even used that word.
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Yep. SInce he topped the votes by quite a margin in Week 6 they did everything they could to kill his chances and Louis was a massive part of that. He's supposed to be a mentor, someone who is supportive, who provides good advice, who helps Nicholas be the best that he can be. Not the person who guides him away from singing his best song from the lives, who suddenly starts undermining him with every word that comes out of his mouth, who suddenly starts giving him song choices that don't just actively ignore his strengths but emphasise his weaknesses.

Of course he feels betrayed - he was. Louis' behaviour on Xtra Factor after the result only confirmed what had been depressingly obvious for weeks. He's supposed to be a professional yet he continued to mock Nicholas even after the the knife had been plunged in. Frankly, he should be ashamed, instead he was gleeful, like a teenage bully.

Agree with every word of this. Spot on.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis said, paraphrasing here, "You're a role model to all the mothers at home and I want them to vote for you".

He should be grateful to anyone and everyone on that show. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.