Options

Tmobile/Orange network advice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
Forum Member
✭✭
apologies for asking advice again :blush:

i've been using an 02 phone for a couple of years and paying 15 pound top up a month for unlimited texts and 300 minutes of calls. no contract it just takes 15 in credit and then lasts 30 days, works good for me.

Anyway i'm looking at another phone but it only comes on tmobile or orange, i don't want a contract so wondered if anyone knew of anything similar available on either of those networks? because 12p a text and 35p a minute just isn't practicle.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    starfoxxx wrote: »
    apologies for asking advice again :blush:

i've been using an 02 phone for a couple of years and paying 15 pound top up a month for unlimited texts and 300 minutes of calls. no contract it just takes 15 in credit and then lasts 30 days, works good for me.

Anyway i'm looking at another phone but it only comes on tmobile or orange, i don't want a contract so wondered if anyone knew of anything similar available on either of those networks? because 12p a text and 35p a minute just isn't practicle.

Cheers :)

just unlock the phone

what phone is it?
  • Options
    dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a sim only contract with EE it's just over £6 a month for 1000 minutes unltd texts and 250 mb its a 12 month contract but been fine so far
    Only thing I don't like is they can put contract up according to their t&cs but hopefully won't happen
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    buy an unlocked phone, and put your current SIM card into it.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your best bet is to get an unlocked phone and then go sim only.

Depending on what sort of phone you are looking for then Motorola Moto G is a cracking entry level phone for just over £100 else if you want something with all the bells and whistles then Google Nexus 4 can be had off fleabay for around £150 (a lot come with cases, screen protectors, boxed, etc and are as good as new) else for all the latest technology including 4G a Nexus 5 will set you back just over £300.

All of these should be sim free meaning that you can go to any carrier for your SIM.

there are plenty of unlimited phone, SMS and data plans for around £15 a month with rolling contract else for example VM do 250 minutes, unlimited text and 1GB of data for £10 a month.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cheers all, it's just a basic one I don't use the internet on there though just calls and texts, an unlocked phone would make more sense but my mums boyfriend just bought me one today with a similar kind of payg sim on vodaphone :)