Options

Lynn Parsons

occyoccy Posts: 65,188
Forum Member
✭✭
Very sad it's Lynn last show on Smooth ( Friday ). I hope she will be back somewhere in the future. Possibly Radio 2?

Comments

• Options
    AL89AL89 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the further the better sorry I'm no fan
  • Options
    number6number6 Posts: 1,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. She's a Radio presenter not a celeb.

Very few celebs can make the grade on radio. I think Michael Ball is one who can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Inverdale was good when he covered Radio 2 Drivetime a few years ago.
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »

Bit random, was it because celebrities were mentioned?

In the case of John he started his career in radio - check out this week's Radio Academy podcast for a good interview with him.
  • Options
    TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member

????-and no he wasn't
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if R5 will have him back this year for their Wimbledon coverage after his little faux pas about Marion Bartoli last year? :o

Anyway, yes, I wish Lynn well. I think she'll turn up on R2 before long.
  • Options
    ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member

Think he was first on R2 1985 ish?? BBC Local before that

Anyway i liked Lynn, would rather have had her on earlies than Vanessa on R2
  • Options
    PubcrawlerPubcrawler Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrewn wrote: »
    would rather have had her on earlies than Vanessa on R2

Agree, in fact anyone on earlies is better than posh speaking plum in her mouth VF >:(
  • Options
    iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad it's Lynn last show on Smooth ( Friday ). I hope she will be back somewhere in the future. Possibly Radio 2?

I wish her all the very best for the future. She's always come across to me as being a really nice person,She deserves a decent slot somewhere.

Sadly she's not likely to get Vanessas show on radio 2. I have a feeling that they're lining up Sara Cox to do that when Vanessa moves elsewhere
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just before One she gave a short farewell with names of her family and daffodils left for Kate on Monday?
    On twitter a photo and "Some of my Lovely work Colleagues & the Rainbow cake mmmm"
    https://twitter.com/LynnParsonsUK/status/439365168049688576/photo/1

Seems she is back to daily podcasts? but sounds she left on good terms and good presenters are back having on air farewells.
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm baffled as to why she thinks she has anything to offer as a radio person. :confused:
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    I'm baffled as to why she thinks she has anything to offer as a radio person. :confused:

Now I have admit I find some of Lynn's quirks have me switching over but I can see what she has to offer as a radio person and I can see why she has her fans.

Great voice and she always seems to sound quite natural. I imagine you could meet her for a coffee and she'll be exactly the same.
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dpb wrote: »
    Great voice and she always seems to sound quite natural. I imagine you could meet her for a coffee and she'll be exactly the same.
    In the early days of her Smooth show she has talked fondly of the time she and Tony Blackburn were at Capital and Capital Gold together and she learnt a lot from him. sadly a style that is out of favour with a lot of commercial radio.
  • Options
    RidgiemanRidgieman Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember listening to Lynn when she started off on what was 'County Sound Radio'. I am sure she will appear somewhere soon.......Heart maybe???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ridgieman wrote: »
    I remember listening to Lynn when she started off on what was 'County Sound Radio'. I am sure she will appear somewhere soon.......Heart maybe???

She's left Global? I can't see her returning.
  • Options
    dlmccabedlmccabe Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listened to Lynn for years at Radio 1, Virgin and lastly on Smooth. Great presenter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why a lot are suited to BBC Radio style. Able to open mic and say more and not tired down too much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    According to Wikipedia Lynn Parsons is hosting various shows for Radio 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Parsons
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,842
    Forum Member
    Nice to hear Lynn on Steve Wright this afternoon standing in for Janey Lee Grace:)
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Nice to hear Lynn on Steve Wright this afternoon standing in for Janey Lee Grace:)

Pity she wasn't standing in for Wright!

Hopefully this is a foot in the door for a regular gig there.
  • Options
    AKWAKW Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »

Enjoyed her on Jazzfm standing in at Breakfast yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she comes back to her home Radio 2. Remember she was allowed under GMG smooth to work between both, but global didn't let her. That's why Tony left. Global have a list of radio stations they don't want you to work for and one is the beeb:-)
  • Options
    radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she comes back to her home Radio 2. Remember she was allowed under GMG smooth to work between both, but global didn't let her. That's why Tony left. Global have a list of radio stations they don't want you to work for and one is the beeb:-)

tony blackburn didnt work for global when he was at smooth . it was my understanding that the bbc wouldnt let him work on any other station that had (nearly) national coverage
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice hearing Lynn back on Radio 2 again today with Steve and Tim
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,842
    Forum Member
    Global have a list of radio stations they don't want you to work for and one is the beeb:-)

That 'list' must be very short by now, there's not much out there apart from BBC, Global and Bauer these days.