Options

Can't Pee

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
Forum Member
✭✭
for a few hours now [maybe 3 hours] I've felt as though I've needed to pee and can't. I've drank milk, water and green tea and I have peed but it's been slow and little and embarrassingly I seem to be leaking :( just a small amount of pee every few minutes.

This is really uncomfortable, not painful but there's a slight burning sensation

I'm a young guy if that makes a difference and haven't really had anything like this before. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    also to add because a couple of friends have said that it sounds like an STI there's no chance of it being any kind of sexual thing, unfortunately :(:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the first time or a regular thing? It might just be a UTI (google it). Burning sensation is probably a UTI.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    go see your doc, it sounds like you have some kind of water infection.

edit: it`s important to go as often as your body tells you to, even if it`s a teaspoon every five minutes.
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    I have a similar problem, but I am old...really old ..56,
    I have a catheter at the mo and going for a TURP,
    But I'm pretty sure the the young OP problem is different to mine.
    Go see GP , some sort of infection.
  • Options
    kittyfantasticokittyfantastico Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Definitely sounds like water infection.. I was always told to drink cranberry juice as it helps - guess its the same for a guy??

Go to docs, a simple test will tell you, but yes it is annoying feeling the need to pee and you cant actually go :/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a urinary tract infection - ring your GP surgery, explain the problem, and they should give you an appointment today. If it is UTI, you will need a course of anti-biotics to clear it.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely sounds like water infection.. I was always told to drink cranberry juice as it helps - guess its the same for a guy??

Go to docs, a simple test will tell you, but yes it is annoying feeling the need to pee and you cant actually go :/

I believe that the experts have now declared the benefits of cranberry juice as a myth.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds like cystitis. My OH gets it if he drinks cheap lager.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that the experts have now declared the benefits of cranberry juice as a myth.

The claims I've seen for cranberry juice is that it can help to protect against UTI, which is different from being a cure for an advanced infection.

Hopefully, the OP has now got an appointment with his GP today - taking a water sample (mid stream) with him will save doing it at the surgery.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get to the docs. As you can see from my thread I thought mine was something else, ended up feeling so so ill by the time I went to the docs today. My sister had this problem one, turned out to be an inflamed pelvic (can be caused by an std but not always, either way it's just one of those things). Just don't ignore it, these things can get pretty horrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter_CJ wrote: »
    The claims I've seen for cranberry juice is that it can help to protect against UTI, which is different from being a cure for an advanced infection.

Hopefully, the OP has now got an appointment with his GP today - taking a water sample (mid stream) with him will save doing it at the surgery.

I'm totally off cranberry now. I actually bought a carton because I thought I had been drinking so many hot drinks recently I needed to 'clear the system'. A week later I'm on antibiotics after managing a good couple of years without an UTI. Total opposite effect of what I wanted, bloody cranberry juice :p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    I'm totally off cranberry now. I actually bought a carton because I thought I had been drinking so many hot drinks recently I needed to 'clear the system'. A week later I'm on antibiotics after managing a good couple of years without an UTI. Total opposite effect of what I wanted, bloody cranberry juice :p.

Cranberry juice is quite acidic, but I wouldn't have thought one carton would have any adverse effects.

Has anything happened that might have lowered your immunity to infections, such as heavy use of alcohol, high stress levels, lack of sleep, long periods of immobility?

If you are prone to urinary infections, a few pints of water a day should help to reduce the risk.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    sounds like uti to me too.

there are many ways of helping cure uti's, (don't try the one with a pipe cleaner,) but what works best is antibiotics. from a doctor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter_CJ wrote: »
    Cranberry juice is quite acidic, but I wouldn't have thought one carton would have any adverse effects.

Has anything happened that might have lowered your immunity to infections, such as heavy use of alcohol, high stress levels, lack of sleep, long periods of immobility?

If you are prone to urinary infections, a few pints of water a day should help to reduce the risk.

Most of the above (bar the alcohol), but it's been like that for over a year now and bar one cold I haven't been ill. I know water is the best thing, just far nicer to have a nice hot coffee on the cold days. I think a sudden change in the weather makes people ill, going from cold to warm, back to cold again can mess up your system.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you get to the point where you can't physically pee at all, despite wanting to, you would need to pop along to a&e. It's unlikely though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cheers for your replies all, I was awake all night but managed to get a few hours sleep then when I woke I felt much better.

been feeling unwell generally though the past few weeks so think i'll make an appointment with the doctor. Bought some cranberry juice :)
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not if you drink the right cranberry juice. Too many people drink the stuff with sugar and other additives instead of pure cranberry juice. Only the pure stuff will do!
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be a UTI as others have said. Could also be a prostate infection. Only your doctor will be able to diagnose it for sure.
  • Options
    euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get this when I have cystitis
  • Options
    kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mentioned this to my husband and he says can also be symptom of inflamed prostrate but either way you should be seeing a doctor asap.
  • Options
    simon40simon40 Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    could possible be a kidney stone partialy blocking your tube?