Options

PT Demo

seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
Forum Member
✭✭✭
New thread started for the demo.
Im still stuck at 23:59, I've read about the room with eyes but not worked out how to unlock / get to it, I'm just going round un circles.

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I've this downloading, but with my shocking bad internet, it'll be tomorrow before I can play it.

Is it scary ?? Like Outlast scary ?
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I've this downloading, but with my shocking bad internet, it'll be tomorrow before I can play it.

Is it scary ?? Like Outlast scary ?

It scared my daughter, and made me and my son jump
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't find Out last scary. Rumour has it this is new Silent Hill. Personally I doubt it. Obviously not played it yet as working (admittedly from home - writers block not withstanding! l
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the ps official forums is a link to a gametrailers forum (I think) with a walk through almost of what to do in this.

I really didn't like this. Just not for me, so deleted it.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    It's really scary! It's meant to be a playable teaser for the new Silent Hill game by Kojima & del Torro but when I completed it, I got a screen about waiting 20 years :confused: Others have had it come up Silent Hill at the end. Norman Reedus from The Walking Dead is meant to be in it.

I enjoyed it but found it extremely frustrating without any prompts on what to do. I thought it felt like Silent Hill with going from the normal world to a crazy world & back again, and some of the things you see (especially in the bathroom) are really creepy.

I'll be following this with interest

At the end of this, there's a trailer http://youtu.be/BDfVdafohvg O never got that far so maybe the bit I got to, wasn't actually the end! lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a so called gamer myself, it might be sad, but I don't know what silent hill is about. If it's like that teaser then not for me.
  • Options
    Duncan_StylesDuncan_Styles Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Played this last night, didnt complete however as I was missing one piece of the torn up photo. Its pretty creepy but it doesn't quite feel like a Silent Hill game. I know its just a teaser and not linked to the actual game.

I got very frustrated with it and just quit after about an hour of searching for the last piece of the photo.

If they do go down this new look type of game then I hope they do something to tie it in with the previous games as a link otherwise it will feel like a new franchise.

Nearly jumped out of my skin when the ghost lady grabbed me.
  • Options
    TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a horrible bit involving a baby in a sink?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Is there a horrible bit involving a baby in a sink?

Yeah, oddest looking baby. Though sometimes its not there.

If you pay attention to the radio you can work out what has happened to this family.
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, got bored. I've done 99% but the final moment won't click into place.

I'll note what I've done so far, in successive spoilers as a kind of walk through. I won't post "Went around the loop again" though...
    Toilet door opens a crack; peer through with R3 until someone slams it shut
    Get torch from toilet floor, look at sink/mirror. Door tries to be opened from outside, eventually opens. Might need R3 on mirror for this.
    "Look behind you..." and you get taken by the ghost lady, end up back at the "start"
    Also noticed somewhere around this point that the ghost lady can be seen standing on the balcony above the main foyer, looking at you.

EDIT - this is when the window falls out, go past and turn around, look up and you'll see her look at you for a while then walk away.
    Click "X" on the photo to gouge
    Go back and forth from "HELLO!" by the phone to the writing on the wall by the front door to make it spell "HELL"
    Red with moving eye portraits - keep going through the corridors until the picture on the other side of the wall to the toilet has fallen, R3 through the hole
    Keep wandering around the now well lit hall until the game glitches and you get a text screen
    I've also found all six pieces of the photo in the frame above the 23:59 (or 0:00) clock

Now I'm stuck.
    I've looked elsewhere and it appears the phone will eventually ring, but no one seems to know how or why
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem, as do many others. It seems only certain people can finish the demo. I've watched several YouTube guides, did everything exact but it just won't work for me. I even got the baby to laugh twice, but the damn phone refused to ring.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    IGN seem to think they have it figured out, Haven't had the chance to try it myself yet:
    http://uk.ign.com/wikis/silent-hills/P.T._Demo_Walkthrough
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they seem to think it involves
    using a microphone, like on the bundled headset. I might try it tonight with the PS Camera with the mic turned on.

If it is that... dunno. Crap or inspired, depending upon what mood you're in...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mojobrew wrote: »
    Yeah they seem to think it involves
    using a microphone, like on the bundled headset. I might try it tonight with the PS Camera with the mic turned on.

If it is that... dunno. Crap or inspired, depending upon what mood you're in...

Who is going to think of doing that?
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    Tried the IGN solution, Still not getting the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was going to try this again tonight but now I think I will just delete it from the console, you can see the ending online so why stress?
  • Options
    SteptoeSteptoe Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I managed to get the ending after loads of tries. Seems to me using the mic made the difference!
    Brilliant marketing, created a real buzz about the game and bit scarey too!
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    It's Kojima, the guy that made you use controller port 2 on the Playstation in MGS and get the radio code off the back of the case. Expect out the box puzzles & different ways of doing things!

I wonder if they'll keep the first person view or switch to a traditional 3rd person view like the previous games? I'd imagine it'll 3rd person if they're using Norman Reedus' likeness
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm playing this tonight, but how is it the first interactive trailer? Isn't that a demo?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm playing this tonight, but how is it the first interactive trailer? Isn't that a demo?

No. A demo would demonstrate the game. This doesn't demonstrate the game. It's just there to build up hype.

For example - the game will be 3rd person, this thing is 1st person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ARRRGGHHH - I'm stuck too now.

Keep going in a loop and there are bell chimes, when I go through the door whilst it chimes, sometimes the rooms go coloured, like blue.

Any idea how to get past this please?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to your stream? I heard the first time you got chimes then the stream went
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    What happened to your stream? I heard the first time you got chimes then the stream went

It's back now... totally stuck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    It's back now... totally stuck.

Nope not here. Maybe my end
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭