Options

Brian Dowling Appreciation Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I loved Rebeckah's interview with Brian :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    jogur wrote: »
    I think Brian is doing a far better job both of presenting the programme and interviewing that Davina did. We have not got the gurning and shouting and favourtism she displayed.

This is the first year in ages I have watched the eviction programmes, as Davina McColl burst my head. Brian is lovely, a real warm down to earth people person. Long may he reign as BB presenter! :D
  • Options
    LS__xLS__x Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Brian can do no wrong in my eyes :D Loved him since his fabulous stint on SMTV. Was a bit to young to watch BB2 back in the day, but it's now my favourite series.
  • Options
    Dorkus_Dorkus_ Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have been following him for 10 years. :)

That's commitment! Doesn't he mind? :eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dorkus_ wrote: »
    That's commitment! Doesn't he mind? :eek::D

:D He doesn't seem to!

It's been an enjoyable roller coaster ride with very few dull moments. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D He doesn't seem to!

It's been an enjoyable roller coaster ride with very few dull moments. :)

Agreed. Brian TV appearances always entertain me. The Family Fortunes episode is a particular favourite of mine. Quite possibly the best gameshow answer ever :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LS__x wrote: »
    Agreed. Brian TV appearances always entertain me. The Family Fortunes episode is a particular favourite of mine. Quite possibly the best gameshow answer ever :D:D

Yes that was great :D. I think certainly the best answer since Vernon took over FF.

My highlights have been: SMtv, Sky Active, Brian's Boyfriends, The Salon, The Mint, Famous and Frightened... There have been so many highlights though. :)
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    someone on another thread (who claimed to have been at last nights eviction) said that Brian was asking the crowd for more boos. Bit shitty of him, isn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    someone on another thread (who claimed to have been at last nights eviction) said that Brian was asking the crowd for more boos. Bit shitty of him, isn't it?

Last week Brian was horrified at the idea that he would encourage booing. Even if he did (which I have a hard job believing) it will have been what the producers wanted him to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes that was great :D. I think certainly the best answer since Vernon took over FF.

My highlights have been: SMtv, Sky Active, Brian's Boyfriends, The Salon, The Mint, Famous and Frightened... There have been so many highlights though. :)

He was great fun on the Mint with Bev. I loved his sarcastic remarks everytime an answer was repeated for the 50th time:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was great fun on the Mint with Bev. I loved his sarcastic remarks everytime an answer was repeated for the 50th time:D

:D

I used to love the banter in the second half of the show. I thought he was even better with Kat Shoob than with Bev.
  • Options
    rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Brian, he's doing a fab job:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D

I used to love the banter in the second half of the show. I thought he was even better with Kat Shoob than with Bev.

I loved him with Kat Shoob aswell. It was that moron Craig ' I'm hilarious' Steven's I couldn't stand :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved him with Kat Shoob aswell. It was that moron Craig ' I'm hilarious' Steven's I couldn't stand :rolleyes:

I never bothered to watch him :D,

What other shows did you watch of Brian's?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He was so deluded and extremely jelous of Brian's popularity:p Still working on the late night phone in's to this very day :D

Brian's Boyfriends:DThat Cirque de Celeb spin off show oh and I caught some of that Irish show Failte Towers, He was definately robbed in that one. Hilarious:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was so deluded and extremely jelous of Brian's popularity:p Still working on the late night phone in's to this very day :D

Brian's Boyfriends:DThat Cirque de Celeb spin off show oh and I caught some of that Irish show Failte Towers, He was definately robbed in that one. Hilarious:D

The FT I could understand because the winner's charity was the hospital that nursed his terminally ill grandchild. Brian couldn't compete with that.

As for Craig Stevens - a couple of years ago I heard him on my bus going home from work! He was a DJ on a commercial radio station in my area, and not even a very popular one! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

As for Craig Stevens - a couple of years ago I heard him on my bus going home from work! He was a DJ on a commercial radio station in my area, and not even a very popular one! :D

Apparently he reckons a presenter of his caliber deserves more twitter followers :D He was the Worst. Presenter. Ever. I don't know if he has improved, but those bashing Brian want to watch him.:eek:
  • Options
    birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fans of Brian will be interested to learn that Brian will be appearing on This Morning on ITV1 every day this coming week.

Brian will be doing his own slot which is titled "Dowling's Ding Dong", so presumably has a Christmas topic.

The This Morning website has the piece scheduled for 12.15 pm tomorrow. I expect it will be on at a similar time each day.

So good to see that Brian is still making regular appearances on This Morning.

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/