Anyone know about Microbladding or Phibrows?

Marsha_MallowMarsha_Mallow Posts: 17
Forum Member
Hi Fellow DS'rs

I wondering if any of you know anything about microblading and the company Phibrows in the UK?

My daughter is really interested in learning about microblading and has researched the subject and says that this company is excellent. The course is expensive, But mircroblading is only just becoming a 'thing' in the UK.

I had never heard of it before she talked to me about it and I'm worried about the cost of the course and whether it will 'take off'. she says that practitioners she's spoken say yes, they easily made their training money back.

DEFINITION
Microblading, also known by a variety of names such as eyebrow embroidery, microstroking, feather touch and hair like strokes is a form of permanent makeup that provides a means to partially or fully camouflage missing eyebrow hair with the appearance of simulated hair using fine deposits of cosmetic tattoo pigments

Comments

• silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    I read that as 'macro-bladding' as in something to do with the bladder!
  • Marsha_MallowMarsha_Mallow Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    If you had any idea how pertinent that was it would make you laugh even more! :)
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had mine done last August and they are brilliant. Not "scouse brows" as I am too old for them but had mine done as I have one eyebrow that had almost disappeared.
    The girl who did them is so busy you have to wait a couple of weeks to get an appointment (in North Wales) so yes it has taken off where I live.
    She gets lots of recommendations so if your daughter is as good as her she could make a good living out of it.
    I paid £140 to have mine done which I have been told was cheap compared to having them done in say Liverpool or Manchester so depending where she lives will dictate the price she could charge.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    I had mine done last August and they are brilliant. Not "scouse brows" as I am too old for them but had mine done as I have one eyebrow that had almost disappeared.
    The girl who did them is so busy you have to wait a couple of weeks to get an appointment (in North Wales) so yes it has taken off where I live.
    She gets lots of recommendations so if your daughter is as good as her she could make a good living out of it.
    I paid £140 to have mine done which I have been told was cheap compared to having them done in say Liverpool or Manchester so depending where she lives will dictate the price she could charge.

Snap! I had mine done by a lady in Colwyn Bay as years of trichotillomania had taken its toll on one brow. I first had mine done in 2014 and touched up a year later, but as my eyebrows were quite full she did 'block colour' which just disguised the bald patch. They have now nearly completely regrown so I don't think I'll bother having them redone; although I did get loads of compliments about how great they looked - nobody believed they weren't real!
    This lady did all aspects of semi-permanent make-up, so if your daughter is worried that microblading won't earn enough, perhaps look at expanding into other areas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl I go to (not far from Colwyn Bay) also does lots of other treatments like lips and eyeliner and she posts lots of her work on facebook and they are brilliant, just wish I was a bit younger :D
    When I went to the gym the women there could not believe how good they looked and a couple of them have since had theirs done - they all thought it was going to be a painful procedure but in fact it wasn't.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl I go to (not far from Colwyn Bay) also does lots of other treatments like lips and eyeliner and she posts lots of her work on facebook and they are brilliant, just wish I was a bit younger :D
    When I went to the gym the women there could not believe how good they looked and a couple of them have since had theirs done - they all thought it was going to be a painful procedure but in fact it wasn't.

Is it Jane Taylor from Skin Within?

Thank goodness for numbing cream is all I can say - I don't think I'd ever want a tattoo without it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her name is Izabela Strugalska at Ali Beauty Clinic and Semi-Permanent Make-Up.

She has a face book page.
  • Marsha_MallowMarsha_Mallow Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    eluf38 wrote: »
    Snap! I had mine done by a lady in Colwyn Bay as years of trichotillomania had taken its toll on one brow. I first had mine done in 2014 and touched up a year later, but as my eyebrows were quite full she did 'block colour' which just disguised the bald patch.

Thank-you for answering, everyone I've spoken to has good this to say about it, so it looks like I'll have good eyebrows for life!! £140 is very cheap from what I've seen, you've got a great deal with that lady, some of the prices I've seen charged are hair-raising!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank-you for answering, everyone I've spoken to has good this to say about it, so it looks like I'll have good eyebrows for life!! £140 is very cheap from what I've seen, you've got a great deal with that lady, some of the prices I've seen charged are hair-raising!!

My friend lives in Liverpool and when I told her how much mine cost she could not believe it - it is about £400 there.
    Her grand daughters are coming to stay with us in a couple of months ( I am in Spain at the moment) so they can have job lot price and a week end in Wales. :D:D:D not quite like Liverpool.
  • 80sQueen80sQueen Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had mine done in December & I would recommend it to anyone, my once uneven, semi bald eyebrows now look full and natural. I paid £200 over 2 sessions.
    You have to wait about 6-8 weeks for a consultation but she has researched the subject thoroughly & not just passed the course.
    It should last 18 months to 2 years & saves a fortune in the long run on brow products.

I'd say it would be a good investment- good luck if she goes for it!