A horrible spoiler.

TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I recently came across series 7 images and it shows a Sontaran dressed in a suit!:eek::eek:
Seriously a nurse Sontaran was bad enough and if Moffat is such a classic who fan he would make the Sontarans dangerous enemys of The Doctor not comedy jokes.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    No flies on you, are there?
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Moffat's just trying to be funny.
  • TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No flies on you, are there?

Theres never any flies on me. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But think of all the jacket potato jokes that the forum can indulge in :D Because Sontarans look like baked potatoes and they're wearing jackets... Yeah..? *goes back to lurking*
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Seems like A Good Man Goes To War part 2. Sontaran in a suit? So what, could Moff make a Sontaran any less dignified than he did in said episode? Lowest point of series 6 for me was the inclusion of a Sontaran as just some breast feeder. Still they lost all credibility by making an over-height appearance in The Two Doctors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By god! Sweet merciful jesus! That looks weird! Not another Sontaran joke thing.

Also,
    There seems to be an image of a Silurian (possibly Madame Vastra) in a veil which have been filmed at the same time. This could mean
    that the supposed funeral could have them in. Although earlier images didn't have them in...

God, my spoiler free diet is going well! :D

Then again. It appears it might be later than the funeral. I mean, they have already finished filming for that. This looks like something for the second half. IT is actually Gatisses episode they are filming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You realise your entire thread title is a spoiler right?

Thanks for that btw
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We seem to have two threads going for this same topic. There's even pics in this thread:-

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1688518

Thread merge or maybe not worth it?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Seems like A Good Man Goes To War part 2. Sontaran in a suit? So what, could Moff make a Sontaran any less dignified than he did in said episode? Lowest point of series 6 for me was the inclusion of a Sontaran as just some breast feeder. Still they lost all credibility by making an over-height appearance in The Two Doctors.

Except of course these filming pictures are (unless I'm much mistaken) from an episode written by Mark Gatiss.

And I thought the Sontaran Nurse was genius in AGMGTW; it shows they can actually have a personality beyond the 2-D militaristic potatoes they were before.
    And you must've had a heart of stone to not laugh at his various "I look forward to meeting you on the field of battle, where I will crush the life from your worthless human form. Try and get some rest." lines. It's a very clever subversion of expectations.

So yeah, I'm not upset at these pictures at all.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Fire Host wrote: »
    Except of course these filming pictures are (unless I'm much mistaken) from an episode written by Mark Gatiss.

And I thought the Sontaran Nurse was genius in AGMGTW; it shows they can actually have a personality beyond the 2-D militaristic potatoes they were before.
    And you must've had a heart of stone to not laugh at his various "I look forward to meeting you on the field of battle, where I will crush the life from your worthless human form. Try and get some rest." lines. It's a very clever subversion of expectations.

So yeah, I'm not upset at these pictures at all.

I thought the Sontaran dialogue was great.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TLC1098 wrote: »
    I recently came across series 7 images and it shows a Sontaran dressed in a suit!:eek::eek:
    Seriously a nurse Sontaran was bad enough and if Moffat is such a classic who fan he would make the Sontarans dangerous enemys of The Doctor not comedy jokes.

No, he should make the Sontarans interesting and entertaining. And why do we have to assume that Sontarans spend their entire life in a suit of armour anyway? Surely even they sometimes find it expedient to remove it?
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    No, he should make the Sontarans interesting and entertaining. And why do we have to assume that Sontarans spend their entire life in a suit of armour anyway? Surely even they sometimes find it expedient to remove it?

I wonder what they look like naked.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would a Sontaran have a family?:confused:
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    Would a Sontaran have a family?:confused:

They're grown in batches so they might consider those grown alongside them as "family" but then they don't strike me as the sentimental type :')