Options

The Big Holby City Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artytarty wrote: »
    Thanks Timedancer, you have picked up quite a few little bits there.I wonder if he EVER have his own main story line?! I remember the time he kept a bird until it recovered but then couldnt bring himself to let it go.

I loved his scene with Donna's niece, Mia. He was really sweet with her, and was so unexpected
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the new additions in May, especially Catherine Russell as a new Consultant. I wonder if Ric will suddenly get a new pep in his step?? He is long overdue a decent storyline, anyway.

I've also realised that with the departure of Sahira shortly there will be no one left that I detest! She really drove me mad (I'm sure that comes as no surprise to y'all :o) with her smugness. It was a toss up who I disliked more, her or Faye, but I think on mature consideration Faye won by a head.

Anyway, I think Darwin will be fab with Elliot, Jac and Olly, and maybe a new Registrar to look forward to also.

AAU has come into its own, too with Michael, Sasha, Luc and Eddy. I ilke the interactions between them all. Only Chrissie slightly mars it for me but she is being quite nice at the moment.

I find Keller a bit dull but I love Malik, Frieda and Chantelle as a team and I hope Ric follows Elliot in getting his joie de vivre back soon, he has been too quiet of late.

All in all am loving Holby these day, such an improvement over the past few months :)

I wonder if Chantelle and Frieda will end up locking horns at some point. Cynicism versus optimism at it's finest. :)
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COME ON Sahira...make a decision do you love him or not :yawn::sleep::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's with the scary CLOWN? :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Q: Which one is more annoying, Sahira or Eddie?

A: Both of them.

Edited: No, it's Sahira. No, it's Eddie. No. it's Sahira.
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Sahira steps in and saves the patient yet again :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh just go will you
  • Options
    GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    So Sahira steps in and saves the patient yet again :rolleyes:

Haha forgot I had paused live TV and thought bloomin eck you're psychic :eek::rolleyes::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dussi wrote: »
    Oh just go will you

I Hate to rain on your parade but she's not leaving yet :D:D:D
  • Options
    Eden11Eden11 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    So in nearly every episode Sahira has a massive breakdown during surgery and has to be talked down by Hanssen, Jac, Greg and even Michael once. And yet suddenly she's so brilliant and can do stuff Jac can't? It’s rather contrived. Wish the writers would stop insisting she's brilliant and acknowledge her flaws.

I was just as confused last episode when Jac got to take some of the work from Sahira. But Jac was already the consultant on the trauma unit already so it already was her responsibility.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I Hate to rain on your parade but she's not leaving yet :D:D:D

:cry: I knew it was too good to be true
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glanbraint wrote: »
    Haha forgot I had paused live TV and thought bloomin eck you're psychic :eek::rolleyes::D

;);):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dussi wrote: »
    :cry: I knew it was too good to be true

The good news is she's leaving next week :) At first I guessed she was goning to run away with Greg in her last episode (next week) now I'm not sure..doesn't look like it will happen :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All in all I found it quite 'blah' again :sleep:

+ Sahira - So, so bored of her! I've felt so sorry for Rafi since he's been involved in all this. I think she's treated him horribly :mad: I cringed when Greg told her he loved her, yet still she didn't tell him where to go! Plus (as I posted earlier) she turns up in theatre to save the patient when supposedly no-one else was able to :rolleyes:

+ Eddi/Luc/Eddi's brother - :yawn::yawn::yawn: The whole mystery surrounding Luc is fast becoming stale imo. The other week he took Eddi's brother under his wing, whereas this week he didn't seem bothered :confused: Eddi is still just walking round pulling her bemused face and her brother is just a spare part.

+ Tara - Still haven't warmed to her. She reminds me of how Elizabeth started out - all eager to please and had difficulties adjusting to hospital life. And are the toilet pow-wows with Frieda going to be a regular thing?
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually found myself liking Tara tonight! Quick, someone call me a psych evaluation. Too much of Sahira and her problems again, sooner her and Greg leave the better.

As for the AAU story, big yawn for me. I did have to ask myself though why offer to mentor someone if you won't actually do anything to help them? I know he called the YRT lot in the end, but only after he had his caravan trashed and a druggie's new fiance said she thought people deserved a second chance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The episode was good.

I liked that Sahira finally made a decision to go and live with her family in Nottingham. If she had chosen Greg, it would have been a bit contrived. I hated the fact that she had to save the day again, it is very annoying! Poor Hanssen losing his beloved Sahira, I wonder if he was crying when his back was turned to us. Perhaps Jac would be a shoulder for him to cry on.

Luc and Eddi are quite cute to watch. Although the storyline with her brother is starting to bore me.

Tara is OK. I don't really like her talks with Frieda in the toilets. It is a bit weird that it is becoming a regular thing. I want Frieda back on AAU with Eddi and Michael. Frieda needs a storyline of her own ASAP.

Sahira is leaving next week. Yippee!!! I hope she never comes back.
  • Options
    NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hate Liam...horrible stupid pathetic selfish person.
    Hate Eddi...for not putting Liam on the first train back, and making excuses for his behaviour.

Love Frieda's hair tonight. And although I hated Tara before, she is bearable with Frieda.
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many times I've seen 'who you know' syndrome in action when it comes to somebody getting a job. I do suspect Malik will get it eventually but that woman makes me sick, and she's a Vice-chancellor.

There is a saying in Jersey, "it's not what you know, or who you know - but what you know about who you know"! (Maybe that's just because living on an island that's only 9x5 miles you don't need six degrees of separation to link you to anyone else - I've never needed more than 1 degree... and I wasn't even born here! It's a bit incestuous, this island living, lol!)

But I though The Malick hugely out-performed Dan in the interview - he deserved the job on what we saw!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I think the only person I feel sorry for in this love-square is Rafi. I knew she wasn't going to choose Greg- she's spent weeks leading him on, then telling him no, then leading him on again, then telling him "I can't, we shouldn't." And then someone's pager always goes off, and it's usually Hanssen at the other end :rolleyes:

Hanssen didn't annoy me so much tonight- I think he had some good points about Sahira and making her choices (not that I agreed with what he said about her making the mediocre choice.) I just wish we knew why he is so obsessed/invested in her. I thought we were going to see the big man cry at the end.

Liam and Eddi... so annoying, I didn't like how Eddi went off on one at Luc about letting Liam down. The man is busy and doesn't have time to go running around after a tearaway teenager, he definitely can't go prioritising Liam and his moods over a sick patient. I don't think I would have backed Liam up if he trashed my home/caravan.

What is with all the toilet scenes all of a sudden? :p And Frieda seems to be taking a secondary role to Tara. She's hardly been in it since she left AAU- they need to put her back down there, either that or at least give her something meaty to do and some screen time with Michael; they are brilliant together.

Elliot got a scene and Ric got a mention, plus Jac was fabulous- wasn't there a cupcake quote in there somewhere? :p:D
  • Options
    thombo1thombo1 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Irritating and entertaining in equal measure. Self-entitled Smug Superwoman Sahira's on her way out (:D). Shame to see Rafi go, in another life he could have been a solid character in his own standing.

Eddi's brother almost as annoying as Eddi herself this week - I realise he's disappointed with Luc but was trashing the bloke's caravan necessary? And why was it brushed under the carpet and not mentioned again?

Lovely Tara Lo has finally got over the fainting and I quite like how the Frieda as a mentor thing is going. It feels like we're really seeing the full development of our favourite Ukrainian goth, remembering how she was when she was starting out like Tara. Just wish they'd stop meeting up in the toilets though.

Not a bad episode. Glimpses of Jac and Hanssen in theatre remind me of what it's like to have a Sahira-free Darwin, and I look forward to it.

P.S: I should mention I like Laila Rouass, think she's a cool lady. It's the domination that Sahira has had over this show for so long that gets on my wick. More of a writing issue than an acting issue, because I'd probably be bored of any character after this much coverage.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another toilet pow-wow, love em'. Love Tara.
  • Options
    JordanJ7JordanJ7 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed tonights episode very much.

So glad Sahira only has 60mins left. I liked her character before she announced she was leaving because the storylines weren't so dull and tedious but also I am still glad she is going because she was to much of a 'wonder-woman'.

I see why Greg goes too. Without her sadly, he's becoming really irrelevant.

Need more Michael, Ric & co.
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    how many times do we see the whole yawn Greg sahira stuff where their beeper go off especially hers. Still think there's something to come out next week and you have permission to tell me I'm a buffoon if I got it wrong about her being his daughter. Maybe she's the daugher he always wanted or maybe, because we don't know about his background, he lost a daughter. The whole Eddi palming her annoying brother off onto the talented Lou is annoying. Last night's episode ok but it's all becoming really predictable now.I think they really need to get away from consultants, in particular, having time to spend on family/patient issues because it just wouldn't happen. Still not liking Tara, still can't stand her voice and if they had to bring in a new trainee doctor, is she really the best they could do?
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how many times do we see the whole yawn Greg sahira stuff where their beeper go off especially hers. Still think there's something to come out next week and you have permission to tell me I'm a buffoon if I got it wrong about her being his daughter. Maybe she's the daugher he always wanted or maybe, because we don't know about his background, he lost a daughter. The whole Eddi palming her annoying brother off onto the talented Lou is annoying. Last night's episode ok but it's all becoming really predictable now.I think they really need to get away from consultants, in particular, having time to spend on family/patient issues because it just wouldn't happen. Still not liking Tara, still can't stand her voice and if they had to bring in a new trainee doctor, is she really the best they could do?
    He volunteered to mentor him, there was no palming.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    All in all I found it quite 'blah' again :sleep:

+ Sahira - So, so bored of her! I've felt so sorry for Rafi since he's been involved in all this. I think she's treated him horribly :mad: I cringed when Greg told her he loved her, yet still she didn't tell him where to go! Plus (as I posted earlier) she turns up in theatre to save the patient when supposedly no-one else was able to :rolleyes:

+ Eddi/Luc/Eddi's brother - :yawn::yawn::yawn: The whole mystery surrounding Luc is fast becoming stale imo. The other week he took Eddi's brother under his wing, whereas this week he didn't seem bothered :confused: Eddi is still just walking round pulling her bemused face and her brother is just a spare part.

+ Tara - Still haven't warmed to her. She reminds me of how Elizabeth started out - all eager to please and had difficulties adjusting to hospital life. And are the toilet pow-wows with Frieda going to be a regular thing?

'Blah' is probably how I would sum the episode up too, although I did like the clown! The problem with Holby at the moment is that it just doesn't get going and each episode seems to last an eternity that you end up clock watching thinking "when will it end?!" :(

I think we started to get a glimpse into Luc's history last night, certainly it seemed that maybe he might have had some addictive type personality like drink or drugs :confused: I'm sure it will all come out in the was eventually.

I certainly hope the toilet pow wows don't become too regular, they are rather sweet and funny but you can get a bit too samey and overkill, much like Greg, Sahira, Rafi, Hanssen.

Speaking of Sahira. When she introduced herself to the patient at the warehouse did anyone think/want her to say "I'm Sahira Shah, the registrar?!" I was a tad disappointment when she just went with I'm Sahira Shah, Cardio....blah blah blah!" :D
This discussion has been closed.