Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    From a GB poster who has seen the pre credits sequence for The Name of the Doctor. It contains footage of Docs 1 - 7:
    Sorry, to clarify - the person who told me McGann is in a TARDISode also told me that past Doctors appear and interact with Clara in The Name of the Doctor.

Having now seen part of The Name of the Doctor, I know this person was correct about the past Doctors.

Therefore, I'm more inclined to believe the story about McGann.
    MRM79 has now posted in that thread where all the clips are from.

First Doctor - some newly shot footage of him and Susan stealing the TARDIS on Gallifrey. He turns to see Clara and I think it is colourised footage of Hartnell in An Unearthly Child. Second Doctor running in his big coat from The Five Doctors, Third Doctor in Bessie from The Five Doctors (both lifted from when they get snatched by the time scoop but with new backgrounds). I think the Fourth Doctor comes from The Invasion of Time. The Fifth Doctor in the web from Arc of Infinity. Sixth Doctor looks like someone in his coat walking swiftly behind Clara. Seventh Doctor hanging from the cliff in Dragonfire.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moffat doesn't care about the past, rawr rawr rawr
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From a GB poster who has seen the pre credits sequence for The Name of the Doctor. It contains footage of Docs 1 - 7....

So was the previous finale synopsis that was leaked entirely true? This certainly fits with the idea that Clara ends up scattered across his timeline by the episode events (presuming the pre-credit sequence is essentially a teaser and the rest of the episode is us finding out HOW Clara got there).
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seventh Doctor hanging from the cliff in Dragonfire

I wonder if including Clara in the scene will actually create the missing reason for why he decided to hang from the umbrella...:)
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    I hope this all turns out to be true; it would make for such a good episode IMO if it does :)

(And r.e. Dragonfire, I hope so too. That cliffhanger is just embarrassing :o)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    About River in TNotD...
    Madame Vastra sets up this telepathic link thing to contact Clara across time at the beginning of the episode and she also contacts River Song who now just exists as a consciousness inside the library. River stays telepathically linked to Clara throughout the episode but is not physically there. When she is interacting with Clara no one else can see her.

oh, i'm a bit disappointed by that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wowoowo this finale souds like the mother of all finales (my favourtie is TPO/TBB at the moment....this sounds like a rollercoaster ride!)
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't Clara be a normal companion for once?

Does that sound too whiney?
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Airborae wrote: »
    Why can't Clara be a normal companion for once?

'Cause they're boring?
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    From a GB poster who has seen the pre credits sequence for The Name of the Doctor. It contains footage of Docs 1 - 7:

More details:

On how long the sequence was:
    I saw it once and was pretty enthralled by it so didn't really notice. Maybe 3 or 4 minutes? I feel much happier about the anniversary having seen it though, it really made my spine tingle. The opening seconds especially were jaw-dropping.

I think a lot of people will be happier when they see episode 8. Won't satisfy everyone but it does show a respect for the whole 50 years and even before, not just 5.

On what he thought;
    I was wowed. Hope people here will be as well.

On how much how much Bill, Pat and Jon got paid to come back from the dead :D:
    Lol, at least they're not spinning heads.

It's obviously footage from old episodes, but not clips on a viewscreen like The Next Doctor. Incorporated quite cleverly I thought, one of them pushing past Clara as he ran and another spotting her in his mirror.

I really liked it. It's not getting them all back to film new footage but I thought it was respectful to the past and quite funky.

On whether, through One, we get to see the TARDIS, pre-police box exterior:
    Yes, it starts with a couple of security guards watching a little black and white monitor and you see the First Doctor and Susan from behind (newly shot footage) going into a plain-looking box which is part of a row. The actual William Hartnell footage bit only comes in when Clara speaks to him and he turns round.

One whether Two appears with the Brig:
    No, it is just Patrick Troughton he has been lifted and dropped into a new background. He pushes past Clara (you just see a big fur coat push past her) and then the shot changes and you see it is the Second Doctor running along.

On One's appearance;
    They don't speak, it only lasts for about 5 seconds and you don't see Susan it is only from behind as she goes inside the TARDIS. Only William Hartnell's face actually appears. I think it is really cool, but it is only very short.
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Quote from John Hurt that Blogtor Who posted:
    Hurt, who was announced last month as one of the 3D film's guest stars, was appearing at the Sheringham Little Theatre when he spoke to the Eastern Daily Press. The actor revealed he he had just finished shooting the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special in which he plays “part of the Doctor” in a “kind of trinity” which includes David Tennant.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/john-hurt-talks-50th-spoilers.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+BlogtorWho+(Blogtor+Who)&m=1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member

Blogtor could be in Moffat's bad books for a while given that'll probably be the big shocker of the 50th, or even the S7 Finale ruined...
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blogtor could be in Moffat's bad books for a while given that'll probably be the big shocker of the 50th, or even the S7 Finale ruined...

Why?

John Hurt is the one giving away plot points to the Press.
  • Richard_WatsonRichard_Watson Posts: 426
    Forum Member

Leaving aside the fact that we don't live in a world where Moffat gets a say in what websites post (Gallifrey Base excluded) it was John Hurt who went blabbing to the Press, presumably breaking the NDA that would have been part of his contract.
    Forum Member
    Leaving aside the fact that we don't live in a world where Moffat gets a say in what websites post (Gallifrey Base excluded) it was John Hurt who went blabbing to the Press, presumably breaking the NDA that would have been part of his contract.

Of course. But Moffat is known for hating Who blogs for posting the really big stuff. He was furious one ruined his big River spoiler in S6. He was also pretty livid someone ruined the other S6 spoiler involving the Doctor and his 'death'. I'd imagine both the newspaper Blogtor quoted and Blogtor won't be popular for spreading Hurt's stuff to the wider public.

I'm on Blogtor's side, it's a fantastic little site that gives plenty warning to a spoiler post. But Moffat never plays fair.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aww, poor Moffat having to put up with people doing his job for him of making people excited for his show.
    Forum Member
    Aww, poor Moffat having to put up with people doing his job for him of making people excited for his show.

Indeed.

One does feel sometimes that the only person allowed to blow Steven Moffat's trumpet is Steven Moffat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    About River in TNotD...
    Madame Vastra sets up this telepathic link thing to contact Clara across time at the beginning of the episode and she also contacts River Song who now just exists as a consciousness inside the library. River stays telepathically linked to Clara throughout the episode but is not physically there. When she is interacting with Clara no one else can see her.

I'm kinda ugh by this and I feel jipped, but glad I read it Here so I'm not disappointed when I watch it
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed.

One does feel sometimes that the only person allowed to blow Steven Moffat's trumpet is Steven Moffat.

Really?

I still think he comes across with a great deal of humility and genuine respect for the show and lacks the self-delight that made Confidential an unbearable watch for me during Russell's time in charge.

Neither comes close to truly justifying the adjectives they use in advance of a story but the hype is part of the showrunner's job, and Moff gets closer to living up to it in my book :)
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Of course. But Moffat is known for hating Who blogs for posting the really big stuff. He was furious one ruined his big River spoiler in S6. He was also pretty livid someone ruined the other S6 spoiler involving the Doctor and his 'death'. I'd imagine both the newspaper Blogtor quoted and Blogtor won't be popular for spreading Hurt's stuff to the wider public.

I'm on Blogtor's side, it's a fantastic little site that gives plenty warning to a spoiler post. But Moffat never plays fair.

Really the only person that can be classed as at fault is John Hurt, I doubt the paper or Blogtor will get any issues just for sharing it.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It makes it sound like the people who posted 'spoilers' before aren't QUITE right then but there's a grain of truth in what they said i.e. he is a version of the Doctor but not the Ninth etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Aww diddums, something said by John Hurt and highlighted by BlogtorWho, suddenly becomes another excuse to make snide remarks about the cause of ALL the world's troubles. Seriously, when Moffat does use hyperbole to build excitement for the show, he gets bashed. Now they bash him for....well, nothing really. :sleep:
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Its interesting to now see all the anti Moffatt posts now appearing. I remember when he took over, people suddenly started posting anti RTD posts and praising Moffatt to the heavens. My how times have changed.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They appeared right after 'The Beast Below' ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    They appeared right after 'The Beast Below' ;)

Honestly......It absolutely astounds me some of the posters on here being so nasty and down right rude towards someone who has worked so bloody hard to write and produce the show we all (are supposed to) love.

I have been a fan of this program since the late 70's when Tom Baker was in situ and have loved it ever since....yes, ofcourse, there are certain stories that I have not liked much, yes, ofcourse, there has been directions the show has gone in from time to time that I may not have particularly agreed with, yes ofcourse, I have been surprised at some casting decisions etc etc etc.... but above all, we have a show that is nothing like anything else on Television, that constantly strives to surprise us, shock us, make us laugh, reduce us to tears, make us jump up in the air and above all makes us passionate.

Steven Moffatt and his team, and Russell T Davies and his team have done nothing but work there collective asses off over the past 8 or 9 years to produce the best drama they can with the support of the BBC, THIS is what we should all remember!! how difficult it is to juggle all the elements that it takes to produce a television drama, ensure it all comes together and appeals to ALL age groups and demographics, not just a chosen few who feel they have the god given right to verbally attack every decision that they dont happen to agree with. We are all fans and we should be supporting Steven and his team, yes, ofcourse, we are all entitled to our opinion, and yes ofcourse, we do not always like what we see, but surely this can be done in a more respectful and constructive way. My God!!! to think that we have had 8 Years of constant very good quality Doctor Who after 16 years of very little....ive loved every second of it and I dont want it to end, it may do one day, but please folks, embrace what we have, stop bloody whinging, be grateful and respectful and try and put yourselves in Steven's shoes, the majority of us wouldnt have a notion where to start......
This discussion has been closed.