Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 193)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kieron couldnt possibly like any of what theyre doing with Ste. I wish we could have gotten another good moan out of him at one of these PAs.

Interview him again please, Daniel. I want to hear what he'd try and come up with to explain all of this bullshit now.
  • Options
    MissCelticMissCeltic Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iclabon wrote: »
    Kieron couldnt possibly like any of what theyre doing with Ste. I wish we could have gotten another good moan out of him at one of these PAs.

Interview him again please, Daniel. I want to hear what he'd try and come up with to explain all of this bullshit now.

Kieron just said on Twitter that its his best yet, I am assuming he means his best storyline yet.

He does seem excited about whats coming up.
  • Options
    Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    Iclabon wrote: »

I think he's genuinely excited about the drugs storyline, but I think with the JP/Ste stuff he'd just have to sell it as always, like when he said they were an equal match.

"They're meant to be together."

One year later when Brendan returns for his exit, his real feelings are allowed to show...

"John Paul and Ste were never right for each other."

It's what happened with Stug. Poor Kieron :(
    Kristina13 wrote: »

I love it so much! Adore that song.
    mojo5000 wrote: »

That's my queen!
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    There is no Brendan, ergo it cannot possibly be his best storyline yet (this is where I would normally put a yawn face, fück you inferior DS smilies)

It could be his best downward spiral yet. Only it's a year too twätting late.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MissCeltic wrote: »
    Kieron just said on Twitter that its his best yet, I am assuming he means his best storyline yet.

He does seem excited about whats coming up.

Best downward spiral for Ste yet is what he said.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    But seriously, genuine question, what's the catalyst? Brendan and his kids going and Doug dying and helping his mum to die and a suspended sentence weren't enough to make him turn to drugs but being turned down by JP is? I'm baffled.
  • Options
    MissCelticMissCeltic Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spimf wrote: »
    There is no Brendan, ergo it cannot possibly be his best storyline yet (this is where I would normally put a yawn face, fück you inferior DS smilies)

It could be his best downward spiral yet. Only it's a year too twätting late.

It seems odd that they didn't do this storyline last year and is Ste's motivation for a downward spiral really JP turning him down:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,753
    Forum Member
    But seriously, genuine question, what's the catalyst? Brendan and his kids going and Doug dying and helping his mum to die and a suspended sentence weren't enough to make him turn to drugs but being turned down by JP is? I'm baffled.

I never got the impression that it's just JP that's the catalyst. But that just might be me. I do think they should have had him go down this route after Pauline to be honest though.

Better late than never.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm guessing that they've run out of things to do with him (because they're unimaginative and don't want to explore his relationship with his family in any real depth), and BK probably knows that people like bad boy Ste and that they didn't explore it enough last year. I think it's more an excuse to do this plot now than having a clear motive in mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing that they've run out of things to do with him (because they're unimaginative and don't want to explore his relationship with his family in any real depth), and BK probably knows that people like bad boy Ste and that they didn't explore it enough last year. I think it's more an excuse to do this plot now than having a clear motive in mind.

I agree, Readeh :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kojan wrote: »
    I never got the impression that it's just JP that's the catalyst. But that just might be me. I do think they should have had him go down this route after Pauline to be honest though.

Better late than never.

What would you say it was, the catalysts, kojy? You'd know better than me as I've not been watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're probably right Ready but it really annoys me when they've had such great opportunities for aftermath that they've squandered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree, Readeh :kitty:

Hello Kojeh and kitty Ste :kitty:
    You're probably right Ready but it really annoys me when they've had such great opportunities for aftermath that they've squandered.

I know :( At least it's something different from love plots. Obviously they could still be having JP/Ste in mind, but it might give us a break from it. And it's not "I love picnics and flowers, me" Ste.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello Kojeh and kitty Ste :kitty:

I know :( At least it's something different from love plots. Obviously they could still be having JP/Ste in mind, but it might give us a break from it. And it's not "I love picnics and flowers, me" Ste.

True! Very true :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True! Very true :D

Bad boy Ste > chino clad "Dougie are we making paninis today?" Ste :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What would you say it was, the catalysts, kojy? You'd know better than me as I've not been watching.

I think realistically it should be a build up of all kinds of catalysts to push someone that far, but Hollyoaks isn't intelligent enough and since this show is so all over the place I'd have to say that Ready is probably right, they don't care for motive, they just want to do the actual plot. The fact that Brendan was mentioned was interesting though and I think there was a reason for it, but it isn't clear to me at the moment :blush:

But yeah, it's not just cause JP turned him down, there's more to it. Or that's at least how I saw it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bad boy Ste > chino clad "Dougie are we making paninis today?" Ste :kitty:

Ugh those were truly dark times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Gogglebox girl has her tash pajammas on again! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What was this Brendan mention today?

As shitty a bone as it is to throw for us, it's all we have.

I hate that I still care :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ugh those were truly dark times.

Horrible :cry:

I've mentioned fanwanking way too much today, but you could say it's a combination of Pauline + Brendan + fried Doug + being rejected by someone he doesn't truly like but feels so alone that he's forcing himself on. That kind of thing :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spimf wrote: »
    What was this Brendan mention today?

As shitty a bone as it is to throw for us, it's all we have.

I hate that I still care :D

That Brendan pushed Ste away when he went to prison and that he's rotting away inside for ever. It wasn't the greatest thing :p But at least it was something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Doesn't really like him but is forcing himself on to him, I like it, JP is the new Noel :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That Brendan pushed Ste away when he went to prison and that he's rotting away inside for ever. It wasn't the greatest thing :p But at least it was something.

Yeah at least they actually remembered ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love u Kieron, but screw what he says on twitter.

The show is flailing with him, and theres no way there could be anything like his best downward spiral yet coming up. It doesnt make enough sense at this point, nor do i believe they're going to go to what is going to have to be even more effort with him now. Its just the whodunnit and Sinead stuff.
    So he's got to just excited about what, having finally gotten to do something like set a car on fire?
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening. :kitty:
This discussion has been closed.