Options

family problems

monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,956
Forum Member
i dont tend to post about my family on the internet etc but my dad just threatened my mum just cos she was talking loud he makes out he has problems its health reasons why he acts like this etc my mum thinks he has a mental illness but i think he's just a b*****(my mum calls him that all the time too) and doesnt give a sh*t about any of us (he even said he didnt care the night before my brothers were coming home) he's made me & my mum scared in our own home she cant say anything incase he kicks off. my sister doesnt talk to him anymore

its just really getting to me now and id rather he left us than having to put up with this sh*t he just makes excuses and gets away with the way he treats us he even said in the summer on holiday cos i had an argument with someone else and i wouldnt speak to them yet he said "well you speak to me after i get annoyed" it was the way he said it that made me think he thinks he can get away with it

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    maybe you should see if you can get to seek professional help through like a GP or an anger management program :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gavin2419 wrote: »
    maybe you should see if you can get to seek professional help through like a GP or an anger management program :)

he will kick off and do something horrible. we darent even suggest that. he had an appointment with the doctor but cancelled it when my mum was out.
  • Options
    Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he will kick off and do something horrible. we darent even suggest that. he had an appointment with the doctor but cancelled it when my mum was out.

He possibly does have mental health problems. Perhaps you should think about moving out and spreading your wings a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He possibly does have mental health problems. Perhaps you should think about moving out and spreading your wings a bit.

i have my own problems aswell i wouldnt cope on my own. my brothers / sisters live in england and i hardly have many friends to live with. should we have to put up with the way he treats us if he is ill ? like i said he cancelled an appointment cos he said he didnt need it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have my own problems aswell i wouldnt cope on my own. my brothers / sisters live in england and i hardly have many friends to live with. should we have to put up with the way he treats us if he is ill ? like i said he cancelled an appointment cos he said he didnt need it

Perhaps he doesn't want to admit he has problems. Go and move with your siblings in England?

The only thing your mother can do is issue him with an ultimatum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps he doesn't want to admit he has problems. Go and move with your siblings in England?

The only thing your mother can do is issue him with an ultimatum.

he told my mum he's been depressed since he was 16. surely he would've admitted it and got help by now?

they are getting married next year they wont want me around.

he will just kick off she has no choice but to keep quiet :(
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I don't think the environment is healthy from any angle to be honest if your mum is name calling and slagging him off and vice versa perhaps e erroneous needs to look at how they interact or all look at separating as you're clearly toxic to each other in this environment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    I don't think the environment is healthy from any angle to be honest if your mum is name calling and slagging him off and vice versa perhaps e erroneous needs to look at how they interact or all look at separating as you're clearly toxic to each other in this environment

he yells at us and threatens us. he scares us she has to keep quiet otherwise he will yell again i get scared he will hit us or something he threw a table up once and it was in my direction i thought he was gonna throw it at me and he told my mum he wasn't my sister isnt talking to him she doesnt even want him at her wedding.

he is fine with everyone else. he was laughing and joking with my brothers g/f. he yelled at my mum before they came home that he couldnt walk but he went to play golf.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know how you feel Mona. You can't choose your family unfortunately . Just gotta hang in there and hold on , one day you will escape . Nothing lasts forever .
    My Dad is much the same and will never change . I'm just hoping to be away from him soon .
    Hope it works out for you .
  • Options
    darren 2012darren 2012 Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    I know how you feel Mona. You can't choose your family unfortunately . Just gotta hang in there and hold on , one day you will escape . Nothing lasts forever .
    My Dad is much the same and will never change . I'm just hoping to be away from him soon .
    Hope it works out for you .

My Dad can have his moments to. Seems to hate I have INVADED his life since living with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why wouldn't you cope on your own? If you have specific difficulties social services can help you set up home and get out of that environment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why wouldn't you cope on your own? If you have specific difficulties social services can help you set up home and get out of that environment.

i have health problems and struggle with stuff its been hard for me to get back to how i was i need help to get back to normal and get a job etc before i even think about moving out.

my dad just came in and asked where my mum was what the hell does he expect ? :(

i have nearly told doctors about it but if i did my dad would kick off so i darent tell anyone its why i can only talk about it online
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm not sure what advice you want then. No love of a house would keep someone in a genuine situation of violence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I'm not sure what advice you want then. As someone who had a violent father I made sure I got out, no love of a house would keep someone in a genuine situation of violence.

i have nothing if i leave just confused if its a mental illness or he's really a b*****
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are unwilling to leave then there isn't much that can be done I'm afraid .
    You can have things in your own place if you really want them
    Getting a job is the first step,which admittedly is extremely difficult nowadays .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    If you are unwilling to leave then there isn't much that can be done I'm afraid .
    You can have things in your own place if you really want them
    Getting a job is the first step,which admittedly is extremely difficult nowadays .
    im trying im filling out forms all the time and even went for a work placement but it was too much it was about mental illness and i couldnt have coped with it

i wanted to know if it was mental illness or he is just doing it to get away with it. if he has no health problems and he's just a B**** then id try and stand up to him more that he cant treat us like this (like i did tonight i yelled that he cant threaten us like that) but if he is genuinely ill then obviously i wouldnt do that
  • Options
    PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    How old are you? Can you be specific about your needs, ie. learning difficulties, mental health, disability etc.
    If you are seriously worried about being at risk of harm from your dad, and you are under 18 you can call Children's Services for your area. If over 18 but still vulnerably, you can call adult social services. They are both stretched to the hilt, but they can carry out an assessment of you and your situation. If it is serious enough they will have to help you. It's a big 'if', as you really do need to be in a very serious situation and/or have very significant needs to get any help from these hugely cut back services these days!
    You could also phone child line, or go to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau.

If you are a NEET (ie, not in education, employment or training), and you are between 16 and 19, your local council also has a duty to support you to help you find work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Puterkid wrote: »
    How old are you? Can you be specific about your needs, ie. learning difficulties, mental health, disability etc.
    If you are seriously worried about being at risk of harm from your dad, and you are under 18 you can call Children's Services for your area. If over 18 but still vulnerably, you can call adult social services. They are both stretched to the hilt, but they can carry out an assessment of you and your situation. If it is serious enough they will have to help you. It's a big 'if', as you really do need to be in a very serious situation and/or have very significant needs to get any help from these hugely cut back services these days!
    You could also phone child line, or go to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau.

If you are a NEET (ie, not in education, employment or training), and you are between 16 and 19, your local council also has a duty to support you to help you find work.
    i am 24. i dont really want to go into it (cos other people i talk to online could see this thread and i dont want them to use it against me or have sympathy) i am trying to get help for my problems aswell. if i tell anyone my dad could end up killing me(maybe thats over reaction but he chucked my sister out when she was younger ) he hasnt exactly used violence but hes come close to it.. thats how serious it is. its why ive only spoke to people online. my mum cant tell her friends about it (as far as i know) its like we're boxed into a corner.

my mum tries to talk to my other brothers about it but they dont want to know.

when he was in england for two weeks it was like a relief but i still felt really scared even though he wasnt even here.
  • Options
    PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    i am 24. i dont really want to go into it (cos other people i talk to online could see this thread and i dont want them to use it against me or have sympathy) i am trying to get help for my problems aswell. if i tell anyone my dad could end up killing me. thats how serious it is. its why ive only spoke to people online. my mum cant tell her friends about it (as far as i know) its like we're boxed into a corner.

my mum tries to talk to my other brothers about it but they dont want to know.

So what do you want to happen?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Puterkid wrote: »
    So what do you want to happen?

i want to stand up to him but if he's genuinely ill then i dont want to make it worse
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dont know why this thread got cut down

But my god my parents are so over reacting and making me feel badl my dad has been using really strong smell stuff for his cold snd im very hypo sensitive to smell i was coping with it till he used it even more today and i couldnt breath felt really stuffy and warm yes i have the cold too but as i said i was fine before he started using it got a crucked throat same as last time it cant just be a concidence i got really upset and mum wouldnt do anything to help she closed the windows and even came in my room and left the door open and closed the window

I have missed my night class tonight now cos i got upset and she said she wouldnt take me i will never get a job at this rate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just hang in there Mona and hold on . Things usually work out ok in the end . I know that isn't much help to you now but soldier on and do your best :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know why this thread got cut down

But my god my parents are so over reacting and making me feel badl my dad has been using really strong smell stuff for his cold snd im very hypo sensitive to smell i was coping with it till he used it even more today and i couldnt breath felt really stuffy and warm yes i have the cold too but as i said i was fine before he started using it got a crucked throat same as last time it cant just be a concidence i got really upset and mum wouldnt do anything to help she closed the windows and even came in my room and left the door open and closed the window

I have missed my night class tonight now cos i got upset and she said she wouldnt take me i will never get a job at this rate

Colds spread pretty fast! Got nothing to do with his cold medicine.

Go to your room and open a window. Sometimes you need to be tolerant of other people and their illnesses. Your dad probably doesn't like the smell either but you can't expect him to suffer!

If you want a job then why don't you do some voluntary work experience?

Why can't you get a bus to your night class?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Colds spread pretty fast! Got nothing to do with his cold medicine.

Go to your room and open a window. Sometimes you need to be tolerant of other people and their illnesses. Your dad probably doesn't like the smell either but you can't expect him to suffer!

If you want a job then why don't you do some voluntary work experience?

Why can't you get a bus to your night class?
    i did but mum came in and left the door open and closed the window..

it only started when he used it it was fine before then

its too far away 45 mins and its too dark to walk

i have ive been to interviews for them and they wont take me i have one next week but i probably wont get it. keep sending off forms for jobs and get nothing back id work for free if anyone would take me..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are there any call centres in your area you could try ? They are usually located on good public transport links and take people on at entry level . Good places to make friends as well :)