Options

Listen here Carla - you wouldn't have that factory if it wasn't for Michelle..

13»

Comments

• Options
    albiexalbiex Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah because it's not the least she deserved after he'd raped her and then publicly *made her out to be a liar, driving her to the edge of attempted suicide, making her business go under by stealing her clients and then taking on her staff....sounds like getting his shares was a tiny bit deserved!

Felt bad for her?! **She just murdered her son and whilst knowing that he had raped Carla and she'd already been through unnecessary hell she continued to torment her and make it look like Carla was the one who had murdered Frank!

Some of the posts in this thread are unbelievable! :rolleyes:
    * she IS a liar. e.g. she lied about the girl that fell down the stairs because she was so exhausted with Carla overworking her.
    I was going to give more examples but I realised she lies about pretty much everything. I doubt DS has enough bandwidth to list her lies.

** Shame. It should have been Carla she murdered. The day that woman leaves Coronation Street for good can't come too soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I love how everyone that comes into contact with the factory immediately becomes an expert in running it. Rob went from ex-con to Alan Sugar and Michelle went from lowly barmaid to a readymade replacement for Carla. If only it were that easy eh?

I like Carla as a character, but she needs a new storyline. It's all a bit samey for her. Maybe she could get pregnant? We could see her struggle to muster maternal feelings and also watch Leanne deal with the jealousy.
  • Options
    madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hurley wrote: »
    I love how everyone that comes into contact with the factory immediately becomes an expert in running it. Rob went from ex-con to Alan Sugar and Michelle went from lowly barmaid to a readymade replacement for Carla. If only it were that easy eh?

I like Carla as a character, but she needs a new storyline. It's all a bit samey for her. Maybe she could get pregnant? We could see her struggle to muster maternal feelings and also watch Leanne deal with the jealousy.

BIB - I think the problem with Carla, is she has become lost in this dire and mundane love square that the writers seem so obsessed with. It's ruining three brilliant characters - Carla, Peter & Leanne.

They need to quickly decide who they want with who and stick with it, and give the characters new storylines away from each other.

Like her or not, I think Carla is a great character, but this storyline is really limiting her, and making her unpopular.

They need to explore her and Rob's relationship and childhood, and give her some new storylines that do not involve her relationship with men.

Being pregnant could be interesting, providing the writers don't take the route of turning her into a overly loving mother and change her character.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carla is the singularly most dislikeable character on the Street. She is ruining this show for me. If she was born into the other gender she would be shown up for the self centered, seedy, ungrateful and heartless hoorbag and dortbord she actually is. (smiley face). and she needs a good shave.
  • Options
    Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    albiex wrote: »
    * she IS a liar. e.g. she lied about the girl that fell down the stairs because she was so exhausted with Carla overworking her.
    I was going to give more examples but I realised she lies about pretty much everything. I doubt DS has enough bandwidth to list her lies.

** Shame. It should have been Carla she murdered. The day that woman leaves Coronation Street for good can't come too soon.
    Why do people constantly feel the need to bring up something that happened over 5 years ago and use it against her? At the same as the girl fell down the stairs Leanne was a prostitute, and yet when that's brought up we're told she's changed and become a better person since then. So why can Carla not be given the same treatment? I'm sure DS has a bandwidth big enough for you to name more than that one lie (Which actually was Paul's idea and Carla went along with it, but hey).
    [/B]
    BIB - I think the problem with Carla, is she has become lost in this dire and mundane love square that the writers seem so obsessed with. It's ruining three brilliant characters - Carla, Peter & Leanne.
    Exactly. All three are losing viewer sympathy and becoming predictable.
    They need to explore her and Rob's relationship and childhood, and give her some new storylines that do not involve her relationship with men.
    They've beyond wasted Rob as a character and it's such a shame. He had the potential to be a great, multi-layered character with an interesting back story, but instead he's turned into a typical soap 'bad boy' who appears to have no depth at all.
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    Carla is the singularly most dislikeable character on the Street. She is ruining this show for me. If she was born into the other gender she would be shown up for the self centered, seedy, ungrateful and heartless hoorbag and dortbord she actually is. (smiley face). and she needs a good shave.
    A good shave? :confused:
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bit of an overreaction.

The day a soap axes characters on the basis of them lying is the day the cast is empty.

Not to mention, who wants to sit watching a bunch of morally righteous do-gooders? I certainly don't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bring up this thread. But I read a story where:
    Peter cheats on Carla with Tina

What do you think will happen with the factory?
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strict wrote: »

Sod the factory! Do you think there will be a bloodbath when
    Carla finds out?
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree wholeheartedly ... Can't stand this woman.. she is such a bore.. I always fast forward when she's on...a poor actress and her voice is so grating...perhaps if she had to have some acting lessons it may be an improvement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    sorrento wrote: »
    Agree wholeheartedly ... Can't stand this woman.. she is such a bore.. I always fast forward when she's on...a poor actress and her voice is so grating...perhaps if she had to have some acting lessons it may be an improvement.

WHAT??! She is one of the best actress on coronation street, we must be watching different shows :confused:
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A trifle harsh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strict wrote: »

Can you blame him !!
  • Options
    Forum Member

WHAT?! SHE NEEDS A GOOD SHAVE ARE YOU FOR REAL? So confused I don't see any facial hair on her??!. People dont seem to realise these celebrities are real people and just because you dont like Carla DOESN'T give you the right to insult a beautiful and genuine woman like Alison King who is beyond gorgeous. I know you are a massive fan of Leanne and I'm not but i would never scoop so low to insult Jane Danson because she is a human being with feelings. You are verbally insulting Alison King who you don't even know which is so horrible :mad: Unless you have something to say which is to do with this thread then i suggest you keep it to yourself in future
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly-x wrote: »
    WHAT?! SHE NEEDS A GOOD SHAVE ARE YOU FOR REAL? So confused I don't see any facial hair on her??!. People dont seem to realise these celebrities are real people and just because you dont like Carla DOESN'T give you the right to insult a beautiful and genuine woman like Alison King who is beyond gorgeous. I know you are a massive fan of Leanne and I'm not but i would never scoop so low to insult Jane Danson because she is a human being with feelings. You are verbally insulting Alison King who you don't even know which is so horrible :mad: Unless you have something to say which is to do with this thread then i suggest you keep it to yourself in future

I suggest that you learn a valuable lesson in life Kelly, which is that other people besides yourself have the right to express themselves freely. I'm sure that Alison King is not half as sensitive and touchy as you are making her out to be:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is not a great actress, I can see that she could get along fine doing action roles and love scenes and do well.She is like a caricature of someone who'd be starring in these sort of roles but seriousness and real earth shattering emotion is simply not her bag. She doesn't seem to be able to truly let her guard down, either when it's about a painful matter or when it's light hearted banter. That's what I've noticed and to not be honest about her abilities is doing her no favour and certainly not giving other more adept actors the credit they deserve.
    She never really lets you inside her head. Sorry but it's true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly-x wrote: »

I suggest you stop watching the soaps and start living in the REAL world perhaps then you would not be so sensitive ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I suggest you stop watching the soaps and start living in the REAL world perhaps then you would not be so sensitive ...

Well I suggest you get a life and stop taking characters you don't like so seriously that you have to slag the actor as well, I have a life thank you :D
  • Options
    RiverMRiverM Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    these are Lies all Lies so don't worry though cause aunteh river is here now...

1 . A shave? I think we're all talking about maria there
    2. shit actress? Alison King could run a corrie ep single handily and still make it interesting and stand out.
    3. she's mega fit, so she has nothing to worry about

& finally no one runs that factory like Carla Connor does so most of these comments are completely invalid :cool::D;)
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was never likeable. She's been a selfish, arrogant cow since she first set foot on the cobbles.

And carla's just as bad as michelle.
    ............. I kinda wish this didn't happen, Anne was a better character and I felt bad for her.

It would have been great if Anne had been allowed to stay on as a character. And not just because she's sexier than carla and michelle put together.
  • Options
    RiverMRiverM Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    And carla's just as bad as michelle.

It would have been great if Anne had been allowed to stay on as a character. And not just because she's sexier than carla and michelle put together.

I like a joke but that's going too far :cool: I would of said gail
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle should f*** off.