Options

P!nk vs Jessie J - the debate

tim18tim18 Posts: 737
Forum Member
✭✭
Was wondering who you guys prefer in terms of artist and music.

I know jessie j hasnt been round very long but she has got so much publicity much more so then p!nk.

However P!nks latest album wasnt her best (it was middlish) but it has gone 2 x platinum in the uk!!! Which is amazing. Her greatest hits has also gone 2 x platinum.

In terms of vocals p!nk has a raspey voice but jessies irratating whining and screaming voice has started to grate on people

I prefer p!nk

Who do you guys prefer?

Comments

• Options
    Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink. She has so many great songs, trouble, please don't leave me, raise your glass, like a pill, family portrait, so what, Try..etc.
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why these two are being compared as I don't think there remotely in the same league on any level but Pink every time
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why these two are being compared as I don't think there remotely in the same league on any level but Pink every time

People call jessie j poor mans p!nk on ds forums. Thats why i thought of comparing them. Plus the whole its my party sounding the same as raise your glass
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Pink. No contest.
    Saw her in concert earlier this year- she had a bad cold & hurt her back from the previous night's show & still put on the best concert I've ever been to.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Jessie J although I do think P!nk is amazing.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    P!nk.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P!nk. I don't dislike Jessie J, but P!nk, hands down.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Jessie j isnt good enough to lace pinks boots
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Not really a fan of either but I don't mind some of P!nk's songs. Jessie J on the other hand just irritates me.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like either of them. I suppose Pink is mildly less irritating than Jessie J though.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Pink and she has released some amazing songs. Jessie J gets right on my t*ts though. Can't stand her. When that song Domino comes on the radio I turn it off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    People call jessie j poor mans p!nk on ds forums. Thats why i thought of comparing them. Plus the whole its my party sounding the same as raise your glass

Except that those songs don't sound anything alike at all.

The comparison is strange because they aren't similar. They are just white girls with big voices who make pop songs, but are better suited for different genres.

That being said, I prefer Pink's pop songs, although it depends, prefer both of their ballads equally, and prefer Jessie J's vocal ability. If Jessie wasn't so hellbent on being a traditional popstar for the kids, she'd be a lot better. Her voice is too great for a lot of the music she sings.
  • Options
    MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink, even though i'm not a fan of her music. Her voice is richer, more distinct, i'd love her to go back to rnb for an album. Jessie was promising when she started out with Do It Like A Dude but now shes generic, desperate and self obsessed (has anyone seen her instagram? I had to unfollow her)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has to be P!nk, though they shouldn't be paired against each other because a) Pink has been around for much longer and b) they have different sounds

I do really like Jessie's new song Thunder though, 100 times better than It's My Party, and P!nk never disappoints - The Truth About Love album campaign has been the best album campaign from a solo female artist since Katy Perry's Teenage Dream, IMHO
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    P!nk. Unfortunately Jessie J's irritating personality taints her a bit for me. That and I prefer a higher percentage of P!nk's tunes, than Jessie's.
  • Options
    BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink. No contest.
  • Options
    P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P!nk.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pink, obviously.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I like Jessie, but she is nowhere near Pink
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always going to be P!nk because she comes across more natural, less try-hard, better songs, better videos... the list goes on.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P!nk by miles. Better voice, better songs, better performer. Jessie J is a skidmark compared.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just Give Me a Reason is one of the best pop songs in recent years. Nothing Jessie J has released so far has topped any of Pinks singles. I wouldn't call myself a massive fan of hers but she puts out excellent pop songs without being gimmicky or tacky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Sad people have to stoop down to insults and name calling to get their point across. None of you know these people personally to know what they are like to be calling them these names. I really hope you aren't adults.

As for the topic at hand, I wonder why they are being compared when they aren't very similar at all except for how they both started out in the urban scene. Without counting that, Pink is a pop artist with rock influences and an idgaf attitude that she portrays whereas Jessie is a pop artist with a number of influences from different genres across the board.

Pink started as an RnB artist and has since completely strayed away from that, but Jessie has been a Pop artist infused with an urban sound from the beginning, albeit her new album is a bit more pop than the last.

As for voices, that is a matter of taste. I like Pinks rasp and I love Jessie's range and the things she can do with her voice. Her voice is unique in that it can be molded to fit many different genres. That doesn't seem unique, but not many can do that. I recently just heard a Philly soul remix of domino with the original pitch, phrasing and everything and it still sounded great. Pink is at her best when she sings song that allow her tone to shine through.

They both bring something to music that I think is valuable. Pink has been doing her thing for over a decade and is still going strong. Only time will tell if Jessie can get that far, but I think with a talent like hers she deserves it just as much as Pink.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's is genuinely NO debate here. What an insult to P!nk.