Options

ITV weather

epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are national ITV weather presenters appearing more on regional weather forecasts now? It seems everyone except Sian Lloyd has done a mixture of regional and national forecasts in the last couple of weeks. It might even be that Sian Lloyd has as well but it's just I don't know about it.

Comments

• Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epm-84 wrote: »
    Are national ITV weather presenters appearing more on regional weather forecasts now? It seems everyone except Sian Lloyd has done a mixture of regional and national forecasts in the last couple of weeks. It might even be that Sian Lloyd has as well but it's just I don't know about it.

ITV Weather presenters based in London, including Manali Lukha, now cover regional weather for ITV in the week. Sian Lloyd has done regional weather aswell.

So if Lucy Kite from ITV Central is off, a presenter in London will cover, however this is not the case at weekends, when certain presenters from certain regions cover x amount of regions.
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems silly to me. What is wrong with the one/two presenter per region with a standby in the next region if needed.

Seemed hilariously out of place having Lucy Verasamy doing a forecast for the Border region last week. No place names mentioned or anything, to almost imply "I don't know the area so a vague forecast",
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    So if Lucy Kite from ITV Central is off, a presenter in London will cover, however this is not the case at weekends, when certain presenters from certain regions cover x amount of regions.

Granada had Kerrie Gosney last weekend. Now Kerrie quite often does Granada weather on some weekdays to cover what would would be Fred Talbot's shifts. However, at weekends for the past few years it's either been someone based at Granada or if not whoever is doing Central's forecast (usually Emma Jesson but occasionally James Wright or Lucy Kite.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seemed hilariously out of place having Lucy Verasamy doing a forecast for the Border region last week. No place names mentioned or anything, to almost imply "I don't know the area so a vague forecast",

Lucy Verasamy did manage to give some North West place names when she covered a Granada forecast. Alex Beresford only managed "The Isle of Man" while on occasions when Ross Hutchinson has covered Granada he hasn't managed to name one place and apparently he went to school in Oldham!
  • Options
    michael1152michael1152 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Verasamy did a Tyne Tees forecast too, and also it was vague, didn't mention any place names etc....first ever time I've seen an ITV National weather person do Tyne Tees.
  • Options
    Jimmy_CarterJimmy_Carter Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Verasamy is the hottest weather girl in the UK.
    Looks apart she is a very nice person too by all accounts.
  • Options
    tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here in the ITV West region, we have had presenters ive never seen before, Phillpa Drew I think her name was and Manali Lukha, Plus Lucy Versamy, I don't like her, Bob Crampton is off sick until new year and Alex Beresford might as well not bother as hes always at Daybreak
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tubzy2001 wrote: »
    Alex Beresford might as well not bother as hes always at Daybreak

He's relief weather presenter for both Daybreak and the later ITV national bulletins. Laura Tobin is Daybreak weather presenter, Alex Beresford was offered the job but he rejected it.
  • Options
    NewbieBen12NewbieBen12 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Alex is freelance, he gets around. Earlier this year presented a documentry series for Channel 4.
  • Options
    RijowhiRijowhi Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems silly to me. What is wrong with the one/two presenter per region with a standby in the next region if needed.

I agree that it's silly too. I think they should have one Weather forecaster per Region. If the Forecaster is off for any reason then surely the Newsreaders can do the Weather...or maybe they should scrap the Forecasters totally?
  • Options
    Mrs Tesco ValueMrs Tesco Value Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Lucy Verasamy is the hottest weather girl in the UK.
    Looks apart she is a very nice person too by all accounts.
    Too right she is! :cool:
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to know the weather look out the window. I live in the south- why do I need to know the weather in the Shetlands (and vice versa) ?
  • Options
    zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well next year marks the 25th anniversary of ITV National Weather having the weather as its own segment/programme in its own right.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex is freelance, he gets around. Earlier this year presented a documentry series for Channel 4.

I do enjoy watching Alex. I hope that he gets around for quite some time.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That series was a Weather Channel production for Channel 4.

I imagine if it was a Channel 4 production they would have used Liam Dutton as presenter.
  • Options
    mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    That series was a Weather Channel production for Channel 4.

I imagine if it was a Channel 4 production they would have used Liam Dutton as presenter.

I didn't know that Channel 4 produced any programmes?
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am in love with Lucy Verasamy.

That is all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    however this is not the case at weekends, when certain presenters from certain regions cover x amount of regions.

It looks like in the 'Northern' regions (Granada/Calendar/Tyne Tees/Border) all weekend forecasts are either done by Kerrie Gosney or Emma Jesson now. I wish the 'or Emma Jesson' bit didn't apply!
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like in the 'Northern' regions (Granada/Calendar/Tyne Tees/Border) all weekend forecasts are either done by Kerrie Gosney or Emma Jesson now. I wish the 'or Emma Jesson' bit didn't apply!

Arnt you too keen on Emma then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arnt you too keen on Emma then?

I prefer someone who gives more airtime to the forecast and doesn't waffle so much about photos people have sent in and I know a lot of viewers in the Granada region share that view.
  • Options
    michael1152michael1152 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Emma done any Tyne Tees forecasts recently? I've never seen her od any , although I don't watch it every weekend. I like her style though of what she does on other regions, and there's a video somewhere of her telling you what happens behind the scenes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Emma done any Tyne Tees forecasts recently? I've never seen her od any , although I don't watch it every weekend. I like her style though of what she does on other regions, and there's a video somewhere of her telling you what happens behind the scenes.

She did the 23rd Nov/24th Nov and 30th Nov/1st Dec for the 4 Northern regions, with Kerrie Gosney doing the 4 Northern regions last weekend.

Emma's Tyne Tees forecast from 1st December is still on your local news site: http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2013-12-01/emma-jesson-brings-you-the-sunday-night-video-forecast-for-the-ne/
  • Options
    leslie123leslie123 Posts: 2,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a local weather presenter covers for another region, for exampole Kerrie Gosney who is based at Granada does the London weather which she has done a couple of times recently, would it mean that she would have to travel down to London and do it from Grays Inn Road or could she do it from Media City, Salford and send it down the landline to ITN in London?
  • Options
    ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leslie123 wrote: »
    If a local weather presenter covers for another region, for exampole Kerrie Gosney who is based at Granada does the London weather which she has done a couple of times recently, would it mean that she would have to travel down to London and do it from Grays Inn Road or could she do it from Media City, Salford and send it down the landline to ITN in London?

Any presenter can do any forecast from any site, and the files can be pushed around the network to wherever they are needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariusuk wrote: »
    Any presenter can do any forecast from any site, and the files can be pushed around the network to wherever they are needed.

Indeed, for weather it can be done from any studio. However, if a regional newsreader covers the national news at the weekend which people such as Lucy Meacock, Andrea Byrne and Jonathan Hill have done then they do need to go to the ITN studio at Millbank.