Options

Why do so many on here dislike Natalie?

Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
Forum Member
I don't understand she really gets a lot of unnecessary hate on here for some reason. Her dances are superb and she seems like a nice person so why do so many dislike her?

Comments

• Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't speak for everyone, but I think a lot of dislike for Natalie comes down to the fact that she has so much prior experience and is probably the biggest "ringer" the show has ever had.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's because she's just too good and people always dislike the best.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think dislike is the wrong sentiment. Natalie is a great dancer & I don't care about her experience but she just doesn't wow me in her dances & I have tried to like them a lot. So I am not voting for her but that doesn't mean dislike
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    I can't speak for everyone, but I think a lot of dislike for Natalie comes down to the fact that she has so much prior experience and is probably the biggest "ringer" the show has ever had.

This is getting boring^_^
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »

I think there are many reasons and considering the full on negativity which has been relentless from the very start its all mostly irrational while some of it downright nasty and petty and a little of it well reasoned.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Hair envy.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigh..............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need to start another anti Natalie thread. There are a few running.
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    I don't understand she really gets a lot of unnecessary hate on here for some reason. Her dances are superb and she seems like a nice person so why do so many dislike her?

You could just as easily rephrase this as "why do so many on here dislike 'insert celebrity of your choice'"

They have all come in for more than their fair share of bashing and Natalie is no more or less bashed than the others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is there so much unnecessary hate for any of the dancers?

Because a lot of posters have a favourite and can't see beyond that; and they feel that by running down the opposition they can force their view on others or influence the public vote.

I guess that Natalie comes in for more than her fair share because she is perceived as being a trained dancer, and therefore shouldn't be in the show. That's not her fault, after all the BBC invited her and if your career is in TV you wouldn't turn down high-profile work.

She won't get my vote, not because I dislike her, but because I want to see the transition from a non-dancer to a winner. Others will have their own criteria for choosing the winner.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In order to fund her stage school dancy exploits, Natalie used to steal sweets from babies and help old ladies into the middle of the road and then sell them bad roofing jobs. Sometimes she even used to glue the door to public toilets and pocketed the coins used to operate them when they never opened, leaving customers in a confused puddle. She's a gold-plated rotter, not a dancer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    The previous dance training doesn't help her cause but for me there is something unlikeable about her. Very hard to define but I think she comes across as insincere. No one can say why this is. Some actors can be like this when trying to be themselves. It's as if they forget how to be themselves and are always putting on an act. Hard to put a finger on but something that is sensed. Clearly not everyone feels this way about her but given the public vote I would guess that a majority feel this way too.
    I am not saying she is a bad person and of course she knows how to move.
    But as many on here have said this is not just a dance competition. It is a reality show, where the winner is always a combination of dance ability (a terrible dancer has never won), genuine personality, partner chemistry and clearly improved or overcome some obstacle.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

IMO you have given the reasons and because she was nasty to Tyron on Coronation and that is not a joke. This country is full of people that don't like someone that is very talented.
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't dislike her at all and I don't care that she has had previous dance experience.

She's getting the same treatment Denise van Outen got last year. Denise was the best dancer by a country mile and didn't win and I suspect the same will happen this year. Natalie will lose to an inferior dancer and, quite frankly, they are all inferior dancers to her.

I think she seems a nice enough girl, I can't understand all the hate stuff myself.

Fortunately, this year we've got credible dancers that can win, i.e. Abbey or Sophie. Last year it became "Strictly Come Gymnastics".

I hope Natalie wins but I don't think she will.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I like her a lot!

Still don't think she should have been cast in the show though and won't vote for her on that basis. I don't hold it against her personally though* as she seems a lovely woman with plenty of positive attributes to be admired.

*Some may argue that because I won't vote for her I do hold it against her personally, but I should add that there has never been a week where she delivered a routine I enjoyed above all others.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,198
    Forum Member

For some reason so many people in this country hate anyone who is too good, they label them "smug" and "cocky". Which is why there is so much mediocrity around today.
    It really is very depressing. :(
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps one irritation is that people dismissed Natalie before she even danced a step, purely based on her Corrie character.

Nice if people actually gave someone a chance before writing them off. At the start I had no particular favourite, but the backlash against her made me want to defend her. Then the blind adoration there seems to be for some couples has put me off switching allegiance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    You could just as easily rephrase this as "why do so many on here dislike 'insert celebrity of your choice'"

They have all come in for more than their fair share of bashing and Natalie is no more or less bashed than the others.

I don't think that's really true, though, is it?

I think Susanna's had the most vitriolic and personal criticism. Natalie's is the most repetitive (she's a ringer, she's smug, she's cold, she's faked her injuries, she's a drama queen repeat x 100) and probably frequent. Abbey probably levels around third, and most don't mind Sophie as a personality, just not always into her dancing. Other than Julien, nobody else had that much flak.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    There are people who dislike Susanna, Abbey, Sophie as well. There are always going to be negative people, it gets very competitive on her amongst fans - there are often a few people out to provoke a reaction, I would just ignore them rather than giving them the reaction they want.

There is a thread about Natalie loving herself, if you look at the responses the majority of posters have disagreed, its easy to focus on a few negative people.. the OP clearly did it to cause an upset as they have disappeared ever since and let everybody continue to vent their anger.
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Its her fans I do not like.

If you don't vote for her, you hate her.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,198
    Forum Member
    Bungitin wrote: »

Not true, we are just defending her against the vile personal comments in so many of the threads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »

I don't think her fans care that you don't like them. I don't care. I will never see you and you are not part of my friend circle. So there we have it.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalian wrote: »

This ^^ Every one of the four female competitors in the final has had horrible things said about them, dislike thrown at them and other people questioning "why can't Joe Public see that W X Y or Z is A B C or D (insert celebrity and your favourite accusation as required).
    In order to fund her stage school dancy exploits, Natalie used to steal sweets from babies and help old ladies into the middle of the road and then sell them bad roofing jobs. Sometimes she even used to glue the door to public toilets and pocketed the coins used to operate them when they never opened, leaving customers in a confused puddle. She's a gold-plated rotter, not a dancer.

Come on, get it right, it wasn't bad roofing jobs, she used to sell them the drive re-Tarmacing.
  • Options
    TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She couldn't love herself as much as Reid does - that would be impossible.

She's so full of herself.
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    I don't think her fans care that you don't like them.

Not bothered.

They do have an immense attitude problem which reflects on her.

They couldn't be ar%^ed enough to vote. :D
This discussion has been closed.