OMG Jenna

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
What sad soulful eyes, couldn't take my eyes off them. She can act sadness like no-one else.

Comments

• f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eyes? Eyes!

I was too busy looking at that sweet figure in the mustard top.

And her cute nose. She's got a lovely nose.

Gawd, I've gone and got another DW crush.

:D
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    What sad soulful eyes, couldn't take my eyes off them. She can act sadness like no-one else.

Jenna-Louise Coleman is a underrated actress, loved Clara
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I throught she was great in this episode, I must say.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When she was cast, I said right on this very forum that I was waiting for her to go all bawling. Now I remember why - brilliant.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was very disappointed with her in S7. She has been fantastic in both the anniversary special and this episode. In fact I think she matched Matt Smith tonight. One of the best companion...sorry, i mean associate performances of all time.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very disappointed with her in S7. She has been fantastic in both the anniversary special and this episode. In fact I think she matched Matt Smith tonight. One of the best companion...sorry, i mean associate performances of all time.

She has only just come into her own. Of course, her first appearance as 'souffle girl' remains legendary!
  • HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been so confident from the get-go. I hope she bonds well with PC.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has only just come into her own. Of course, her first appearance as 'souffle girl' remains legendary!

I loved her in Asylum and The Snowmen but she seemed lacking in the rest of S7. But my goodness she has been brilliant since. Beautifully played by Jenna. Always said it was the writing. When given the right story she is amazing.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved her in Asylum and The Snowmen but she seemed lacking in the rest of S7. But my goodness she has been brilliant since. Beautifully played by Jenna. Always said it was the writing. When given the right story she is amazing.

Completely agree with you and 'performingmonk', she really has come into herself and developed a proper cheeky relationship with Matt and as seen today a very tight emotional bond too. I think 'Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS' was a turning point, when Matt confronted her demanding she tell him who she was and her consequent fear/confusion set them up, they both reached that point of real kinship.

I too needed time to be convinced of her as a Companion, but what turned it for me was in 'Cold War' when she was talking to the old guy on the sub and she just basically 'fessed up (and I paraphrase here): "I think I was ok, but I'm not". That moment of weakness really showed her more than just a NuWho "I'm going to be a feisty know it all in a deliberate modern twist on what it means to be a female companion". That moment showed more than feistiness in her character and it was a great non-screaming way to deal with the true horror of what she saw.

Her characters' pre-knowledge of timelords, regeneration and the Doctors lives should also help her character (i.e. stories) and allow her to bond and play off Capaldi too, I hope...

ok, I digress ....
  • SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the Jenna Crush Club? (And can I join?) :D
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satmanager wrote: »
    Is this the Jenna Crush Club? (And can I join?) :D

Are there membership cards and where can I get one? :)
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought she was brilliant tonight.

(and I agree about the nose!)
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Completely agree with you and 'performingmonk', she really has come into herself and developed a proper cheeky relationship with Matt and as seen today a very tight emotional bond too. I think 'Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS' was a turning point, when Matt confronted her demanding she tell him who she was and her consequent fear/confusion set them up, they both reached that point of real kinship.

I too needed time to be convinced of her as a Companion, but what turned it for me was in 'Cold War' when she was talking to the old guy on the sub and she just basically 'fessed up (and I paraphrase here): "I think I was ok, but I'm not". That moment of weakness really showed her more than just a NuWho "I'm going to be a feisty know it all in a deliberate modern twist on what it means to be a female companion". That moment showed more than feistiness in her character and it was a great non-screaming way to deal with the true horror of what she saw.

Her characters' pre-knowledge of timelords, regeneration and the Doctors lives should also help her character (i.e. stories) and allow her to bond and play off Capaldi too, I hope...

ok, I digress ....

Jut to be clear, I love the Clara character and Jenna plays her well. I'm not attracted to her though she just doesn't do it for me, but its only my opinion!
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After reading all the other posts, I've come to realise that my post sounds rather shallow.

Still stands though. :D
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    I'd like to sign myself up for a membership card. Especially if the other side of the card has her phone number and other personal details on it
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long to wait for the next Jenna fix. The gorgeous lass is in Death Comes to Pemberley tomorrow night:)
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    She is so good

The character was let down in series 7 by abysmal writing
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight was when she truly came into her own. Amazing actress and amazing companion.

Hope she and Peter get a two series together.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Personally I have loved Jenna's portrayal of Clara in every episode she's done. She was particularly good in this one, though.

Yet again, she saves the day. I'm not sure we've had a single episode with Clara in it where she hasn't been fundamentally instrumental in saving the day!
  • SaruyaSaruya Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Yep, JLC/JC was absolutely brilliant tonight. Great actress, and definitely coming into her own with Clara.
  • QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing about Clara in 7b, there was supposed to be an air of mystery surrounding her, which was to stop you getting an emotional attachment to her. Who was she? What was her connection to The Doctor? Why does The Doctor keep meeting different versions of her throughout time?

Once this was tied up in TNoTD, Clara's character was able to flourish and she has won over so many new fans since.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »

Couldn't concentrate on her eyes because of her horrible bushy eyebrows. Second only to Billie Piper's as scary Doctor Who monsters.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    The thing about Clara in 7b, there was supposed to be an air of mystery surrounding her, which was to stop you getting an emotional attachment to her. Who was she? What was her connection to The Doctor? Why does The Doctor keep meeting different versions of her throughout time?

Once this was tied up in TNoTD, Clara's character was able to flourish and she has won over so many new fans since.

I think the barrier was in most people's heads, to be honest. I just accepted her as she was portrayed, a normal human girl, and didn't worry about the whole impossible girl thing. So, to me, she was just as likeable and accessible as she was in the latest episode.
  • QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I think the barrier was in most people's heads, to be honest. I just accepted her as she was portrayed, a normal human girl, and didn't worry about the whole impossible girl thing. So, to me, she was just as likeable and accessible as she was in the latest episode.

I liked her from the get go too. I never worried about The Impossible Girl too much, just a curiosity. I just think that this was why a lot couldn't take to her character.
  • liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Clara from Asylum of the Daleks and in every episode since. Jenna has done a fantastic job. She was superb tonight. It is a shame that Clara post the mystery didn't get to have much time with Matt's doctor, as Matt and Jenna work really well together. Clara is the best companion of the New Who for me and I am sure she will be fantastic with Capaldi.