Mick Jagger

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm a bit disgusted at how quickly Mick Jagger has moved on from the death of L'Wren Scott. She only passed 3 months ago and already he's cavorting round with someone else. Her relatives must be very disappointed in him.

Comments

• donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old Mick never let the grass ground under his feet too long.
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm disgusted too, but not entirely surprised. He's a bit sleezy.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was there not whispers that they hadn't actually seen each other for a while when she died?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Lordee - he doesn't let the grass grow under his feet.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much for his devastation. Shows little respect really
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, he has never really stopped 'cavorting', has he? Even when in relationships. He is who he is.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Well, he has never really stopped 'cavorting', has he? Even when in relationships. He is who he is.
    Mick Jagger's raison d'être is basically to shag.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got massive support from his daughter.

Wonder what she makes of this. :(
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Nobody really knows if the relationship is a romantic one & even if it is, I don't see the problem, despite being in The Stones, the fact remains, he's an elderly (ish) man who lost his partner in tragic circumstances who has maybe met someone to help him smile again.

What was he supposed to do, refuse the opportunity to be happy again for fear of relatives being disgusted with him?

Life's short, grab every chance to be happy, I say.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, he's rancid isn't he? What the hell do these young women see in him? He's always been ugly anyway, but Christ. He's showing a complete lack of respect to his late partners loved ones by practically rubbing their noses it.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody really knows if the relationship is a romantic one & even if it is, I don't see the problem, despite being in The Stones, the fact remains, he's an elderly (ish) man who lost his partner in tragic circumstances who has maybe met someone to help him smile again.

What was he supposed to do, refuse the opportunity to be happy again for fear of relatives being disgusted with him?

A very fair and balanced post IMHO.

There's far worse things to be disgusted about than a Man being seen in the company of a woman shortly after the death of his long term partner.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the reports I've read about him, he's always been a one for the women.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's far worse things to be disgusted about than a Man being seen in the company of a woman shortly after the death of his long term partner.

Completely agree. Some people just can't be by themselves and move on quickly after the death of their partner. Whether it's what any of us would do personally is open for discussion but he's an older man who maybe needs constant company.

My manager at work lost his wife to cancer a few years back and I know people were a bit shocked that he joined an online dating website quite quickly afterwards. However, he had spoken to his (adult) children and told them he just couldn't be on his own and they understood so who is anyone else to judge?
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly. Some people do move on very quickly, whilst others take a long time to move on. There aren't any rules, and no-one can predict how they'll deal with the loss of a loved one.

As for L'Wren's sister - is it the same one who was publically whinging about L'Wren leaving everything to Mick Jagger in her will? I also seem to recall reading that L'Wren had distanced herself from her family - pretty much reinventing, as well as physically relocating, herself.

I find this blaming of L'Wren's depression on her partner is oversimplifying the issue. Depression is something that tends to be triggered by any number of things. You can't just blame it on one thing (or one person). There can be physical as well as psychological causes (i.e. hormone imbalances or substance abuse) and it's a complex thing. L'Wren's family need to stop trying to place the blame for what happened on Jagger and instead focus on grieving for and remembering L'Wren.
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be some man that women want to give sympathy and affection to. And others regardless how obvious or raw their emotions are ignored.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Exactly. Some people do move on very quickly, whilst others take a long time to move on. There aren't any rules, and no-one can predict how they'll deal with the loss of a loved one.

As for L'Wren's sister - is it the same one who was publically whinging about L'Wren leaving everything to Mick Jagger in her will? I also seem to recall reading that L'Wren had distanced herself from her family - pretty much reinventing, as well as physically relocating, herself.

I find this blaming of L'Wren's depression on her partner is oversimplifying the issue. Depression is something that tends to be triggered by any number of things. You can't just blame it on one thing (or one person). There can be physical as well as psychological causes (i.e. hormone imbalances or substance abuse) and it's a complex thing. L'Wren's family need to stop trying to place the blame for what happened on Jagger and instead focus on grieving for and remembering L'Wren.

Yeah, but he's got a reputation for being with women. I'm not saying people shouldn't be able to find happiness again after their partner has died, but the fact that he's moved on doesn't surprise me at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Completely agree. Some people just can't be by themselves and move on quickly after the death of their partner. Whether it's what any of us would do personally is open for discussion but he's an older man who maybe needs constant company.

My manager at work lost his wife to cancer a few years back and I know people were a bit shocked that he joined an online dating website quite quickly afterwards. However, he had spoken to his (adult) children and told them he just couldn't be on his own and they understood so who is anyone else to judge?

This is a case of desperately wanting company rather than actually finding love. You should come across love instead of going looking for it.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    I think people are being really harsh on him, without even knowing much about anything! What do we actually know about their relationship? His grief was genuine though, you could see it all over his face. Thankfully, he has decided to live his life as he wants, not as internet people think he should.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    I think people are being really harsh on him, without even knowing much about anything! What do we actually know about their relationship? His grief was genuine though, you could see it all over his face. Thankfully, he has decided to live his life as he wants, not as internet people think he should.

Nothing. If he is in a relationship, it doesn't surprise me. According to reports, he's had loads of women.
    Forum Member

Quite.
    zx50 wrote: »
    From the reports I've read about him, he's always been a one for the women.

He sure is.
    Blondie X wrote: »

I don't ever recall MJ being single? As for the rights & wrongs of him meeting someone else, I don't think there are any, he's quite possibly, like you say, someone who needs company.
    And good on your manager:)
    This is a case of desperately wanting company rather than actually finding love. You should come across love instead of going looking for it.

Sometimes it's not as easy as that, as online dating seems to prove.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Gosh, he's rancid isn't he? What the hell do these young women see in him? He's always been ugly anyway, but Christ. He's showing a complete lack of respect to his late partners loved ones by practically rubbing their noses it.

No, I don't think he is either rancid, or ugly. Maybe they know more than you do about the situation.
    Forum Member

Totally agree especially BIB.
    Forum Member
    dekaf wrote: »

Well said & I'm sure his family are more than happy to see him getting on with life.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Particularly since L'Wren's depression, according to those who actually knew her, was caused by her business failure, and not her relationship with Jagger. The fact she left her entire estate to Mick Jagger with a specific note that her family were not to get anything seems to be at the heart of her sister's 'outrage'. They were not close, her and her sister, and yet she has mouthed off about everything since L'Wren died, the location of the funeral, where she was buried, the will, and now this. The more she does this, the more it looks like she's just using her sister's death to make a buck.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How on earth do you know that?