The Rihanna Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just bought Loud on iTunes with a voucher I got for Xmas, I'm really excited to listen to it today. I always liked Rihanna but songs like Russian Roulette, Only Girl (In The World), What's My Name etc have really made me become a big fan. It's my first Rihanna album, I hope it's good :)
  • JJRoJJRo Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Apparently the next singles are S&M & Raining Men

Thanks! Nicki and Rihanna together in a video should be amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THOSE SALES! She is on fire at the moment. Should reach a million in the next couple of months, definately after S&M is released.

I hope S&M is next, then California King Bed. Those two will sell the album by the bucketload. Then a re-release at the end of next year. I just need new songs from her!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Apparently the next singles are S&M & Raining Men

I really wish S&M wasn't the single, there's better options on the album. I do love Raining Men, though.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Just found out that my cousin has managed to get tickets to see rihanna

boo

:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's fantastic LOUD is doing so well! i still feel so energised when i put it on loud. It is her greatest album...NO RE-RELEASE necessary!!!

just cannot wait to see the video for S&M and Raining Men is going to be released in US only i believe and Cheers is going to be after S&M :) which is an EPIC anthem!!!!!!

really want California King Bed to be released after S&M and Cheers and then Man Down! truely will make this album her biggest seller of her career i believe. BIGGER than GGGB for certain :)

love LOUD!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I just bought Loud on iTunes with a voucher I got for Xmas, I'm really excited to listen to it today. I always liked Rihanna but songs like Russian Roulette, Only Girl (In The World), What's My Name etc have really made me become a big fan. It's my first Rihanna album, I hope it's good :)

YES! :D it's a great album. Skip to Man Down (best track on the album) !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm bitter, if Firebomb was not released than i don't wanna see Calfornia king released! :plol

And Mandown is the shit! I'm in love with that song..i need to check myself whenever i'm communting and listening to it.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might check on this girl's twitter more often.

First the oblivious 'Cedric' comment then this!
    :D

ETA: And this too!

Glad to hear Raining Men might be coming out but I really like "Man Down", makes me feel like I'm watching the scene on an island.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could do a really cinematic epic video for Man Down. She should make a video for the fans!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lost-boy wrote: »
    She could do a really cinematic epic video for Man Down. She should make a video for the fans!

now the song would be WORTH a 9mins cinematic one!

i imagine this carnival setting and can visualize this Alfred Hitchcock notoriety and class with it, and colour and intrigue for it.

Proper damn classic song!

and LOL at LucyKay18, i love Fire Bomb and think California King Bed is her greatest 'ballad' style anthem alongside that and would love it to be released but like Fire Bomb i am unsure if it will.

Nontheless it will be HUGE live!

i would love a B&W Sin City style video meets Madonna's Erotica era for S&M very edgy and retro i am hoping for. Something gothic and classy and edgy i hope, coloring red lips and hair for Riri.

Raining Men will possibly be a colourful one, but not keen on Minaj at all! still will be a success in the US market for a dead cert! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her twitter is SO entertaining! Omgg I love her.

Why would it not be possible for her to give a guy head though? I don't really get it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The haters go on about her forehead being big etc. Dumb idiots, she'll forever be prettier than all of them. Like she said haters are just obsessed fans.

And i love her twitter since she took control, dismissing those claims she has a boring personality. HA!
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I officially love Loud.

My favourite tracks are California King Bed (LOVE!), Man Down, Complicated, Only Girl, and S&M.

Hell I love them all. What I really love is that it's so Rihanna. You just know it's her, most other female artists wouldn't be able to pull an album like Loud off.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    What's the 'cedric' comment? :S
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    What's the 'cedric' comment? :S

She tweeted "we laughing @ Cedric" and "Who's Cedric?"
    I don't think she knew, but people have been putting out the rumour since Ciara came out that she is a transexual who was born Cedric who still has the anatomy. So the Ciara fans/stans went in on her. It was so funny because she tweeted it around the time her album sales came out which bombed horribly and she just came out looking like :confused:
    (No offense to Ciara from me.)
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    black_vine wrote: »
    She tweeted "we laughing @ Cedric" and "Who's Cedric?"
    I don't think she knew, but people have been putting out the rumour since Ciara came out that she is a transexual who was born Cedric who still has the anatomy. So the Ciara fans/stans went in on her. It was so funny because she tweeted it around the time her album sales came out which bombed horribly and she just came out looking like :confused:
    (No offense to Ciara from me.)

Oh LMAO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She just doesn't give a shit lol, I bet her PR has a heart attack every time she responds.
    Forum Member
    Lily_2008 wrote: »
    She just doesn't give a shit lol, I bet her PR has a heart attack every time she responds.

:D:DI really should look at her twitter more.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Here are some demo's of songs from 'Loud'

Only Girl by Chistyle

What's My Name by Ester Dean. They've changed the *Hey boy, I really wanna see if you can go downtown....* part.

FireBomb by James Fauntleroy

Rihanna definitely puts her stamp on it. I prefer her versions to all of them.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Here are some demo's of songs from 'Loud'

Only Girl by Chistyle

What's My Name by Ester Dean. They've changed the *Hey boy, I really wanna see if you can go downtown....* part.

FireBomb by James Fauntleroy

Rihanna definitely puts her stamp on it. I prefer her versions to all of them.

S&M by Ester Dean
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    S&M by Ester Dean

She sounds like Justin Bieber on this one, it's so weird.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    S&M by Ester Dean

Oh yeah I forgot about that one

Here's a few others...

Te Amo and G4L by James Fauntleroy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily_2008 wrote: »
    She sounds like Justin Bieber on this one, it's so weird.

She does additional vocals on super bass by the minaj and she is so like justin bieber
    Forum Member
    Any demo for man down?

seriously, it's one of those songs I could listen to all day. :)
This discussion has been closed.