International Cricket 2015

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, New Zealand deserve to win this test. To say that they have been the dominant side is somewhat of an understatement
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    To be fair, New Zealand deserve to win this test. To say that they have been the dominant side is somewhat of an understatement

I think they probably deserved to win both tests. We were just lucky with there collapse last test
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,474
    Forum Member
    Just home from work. How many overs left please ?
    You can keep up to date with that by following cricinfo on their website (not their crappy app).
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    Scuderia92 wrote: »
    I think they probably deserved to win both tests. We were just lucky with there collapse last test

Not sure about that. If you collapse like they did, you dont deserve to win a test match.

1-1 draw seems a fair result for the series.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Why do they keep hitting the ball when it's wide. LEAVE IT.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,884
    Forum Member
    It's ridiculous to claim NZ deserved to win the 1st test. Utterly ridiculous. England were the better team for 3 days of that match.

Both teams have one fully deserved win each.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    You can keep up to date with that by following cricinfo on their website (not their crappy app).

Ah ta. It was the app I was looking at.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,870
    Forum Member
    Its pathetic that we cant bat through one day and
    by so doing ... win a cricket series ....

Sorry guys but ......... come July .... we are going to be crushed under the
    wheels of the Ozzie Juggernaut ..... its going to be slaughter !
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    roger_50 wrote: »
    It's ridiculous to claim NZ deserved to win the 1st test. Utterly ridiculous. England were the better team for 3 days of that match.

Both teams have one fully deserved win each.

Totally agree.
    Forum Member
    Well played NZ. Had intent from the outset to win this test. England had the mentality to just draw the test
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that is Test series drawn
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This last review.

Why was the impact 'Umpires call' when he didn't play a shot ?
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    Not sure about that. If you collapse like they did, you dont deserve to win a test match.

1-1 draw seems a fair result for the series.

I just dont feel they done alot wrong in the first test apart from the batting collapse but i guess you could call that unlucky
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    I just dont feel they done alot wrong in the first test apart from the batting collapse but i guess you could call that unlucky

I would call it very good bowling.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,474
    Forum Member
    Ah ta. It was the app I was looking at.
    It seems like they would rather do funky things with the app and forget to include such vital information. The app developer is obviously not a cricket fan.
  • Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good knock by Buttler. He is wasted at that spot. England really need to rejig their batting lineup. Ali after Buttler is also so wrong. Ali was an opener last year.
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 test match each is about right.
    NZ & England both produced very mixed performances, England's problem is middle order & lack of decent spinner.NZ cant reign in this ODI approach & that cost them the 1st test. Mcullum is great when it comes off but can be costly.Watling the exception, rarely has there been a less watcheable test batsman, but he is very effective.
    Forum Member
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    Good knock by Buttler. He is wasted at that spot. England really need to rejig their batting lineup. Ali after Buttler is also so wrong. Ali was an opener last year.

Completely agree. I was thinking this in the last hour or so. I think maybe drop Bell down the order and maybe Ballance
    Forum Member
    I just hope that most of this team now do not play in the 1 day series and go back onto the county scene and score some runs and brush up on the fielding.
  • alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've taken a step back in trying to give a dispassionate view on what i've seen last day or two. Much easier if somehow you can 'pretend' England aren't your team. I've just watched a fair 1-1 draw from two equally matched teams. First test one team had opponents 30-4 and still lost, 2nd test the 3rd innings sorted the match. It's too easy to forget batting longer than 100 overs is quite rare 4th innings. Yes today wasn't impressive by England at all but any neutral wouldn't call that remotely catastrophic or remotely out of the ordinary, especially when the bowling side have enough runs to have the whole team in catching positions.

As much as i dont see many people agreeing right now, i think England are consistently improving, especially with so many players fairly new to Test cricket. 5-0 loss in Ashes Jan2015, 1-0 home loss to SriL May2015, 3-1 home win vs India (after being 1-0 down after 2 tests, a draw then and being bowled out at Lords for 223 chasing 319). Then a bit of backward step in WIndies, although i think in part from lack of confidence where we still looked shot from World Cup debacle. And 1-1 at home, including the way we won 1st Test, to a good NZ side who have previously comprehensively beat India and SL at home in test series (i think?). Even this Test the only difference for me was the slip catching. England's was woeful, and plenty of NZ runs came from batsmen making a lot more after being dropped in the slips.

So NZ and Eng joint 3rd Test nations from me, both a still a way behind Aussies and SA. This year i see both winning a few sessions and perhaps even a match or two against Australia in their respective Test series (although NZ is harder as their's will be in Oz, although Rhino Harris, Rogers and Haddin will have retired by then) but neither look good enough to win a series against Australia.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree. I was thinking this in the last hour or so. I think maybe drop Bell down the order and maybe Ballance

What ? Balance is a number 3, Buttler certainly is not. Far too cavalier for that role.

Plus why do you keep having a go at Ballance ? 12 tests, 4 centuries and 5 half centuries and an average of 55. That is outstanding. Why would you want a player who can do that batting down the order ?
    Forum Member
    What ? Balance is a number 3, Buttler certainly is not. Far too cavalier for that role.

Plus why do you keep having a go at Ballance ? 12 tests, 4 centuries and 5 half centuries and an average of 55. That is outstanding. Why would you want a player who can do that batting down the order ?

I wouldnt put Buttler at number 3.

I want him to bat down the order because he has no runs currently. I hope he goes back on the county circuit and re discovers some of form.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldnt put Buttler at number 3.

I want him to bat down the order because he has no runs currently. I hope he goes back on the county circuit and re discovers some of form.

So where would you bat the best number 3 and who would you put in that place ?

And it's only 3 tests, hardly a drought.

I think most on here will agree with me that Ballance should be England's number 3 in The Ashes
    Forum Member

I think most on here will agree with me that Ballance should be England's number 3 in The Ashes

I would put him Number 5 for the Ashes
  • Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ali 3. bell 4, Buttler 5, ballance 6, stoke 7, Rashid 8, Broad 9, anderson 10