Dumb drugs

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
They got the smart drugs wot make people smarter, that is, cleverer, but wot about dumb drugs, that make people stupider ?

Comments

• Ivor BiggunIvor Biggun Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    They got the smart drugs wot make people smarter, that is, cleverer, but wot about dumb drugs, that make people stupider ?

Ask your dealer where he gets them from.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What drug makes a person clever, then?

I suggest you sleep it off, son!
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll tell you over a pint of mercury.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mudbox wrote: »
    I'll tell you over a pint of mercury.

Blimey, the First Emperor of China took mercury believing it would make him live longer, but after 10 years he had kidney failure from it and died, earlier than he would have if he had never taken it. Now that was dumb.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ectasy can make you dumb... I knew a guy who abused it and turned him into a cabbage who has dementia type symptons he wasn't born that way... He was once normal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cabbages ? What about broccoli ? Why should cabbages be stupider than broccoli ? Coz they is both vegetables.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »

Nootropic drugs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic

Caffeine is the most notable/popular although it's not as powerful as some.

Drugs like Modafinil and Ritalin are what all the uni/college kids seem to take to boost memory, learning and the like.

Although of course there's only so much they can do. If you're thick as shit all of the Modafinil in the world isn't going to help.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    Blimey, the First Emperor of China took mercury believing it would make him live longer, but after 10 years he had kidney failure from it and died, earlier than he would have if he had never taken it. Now that was dumb.

it was very popular for all sorts of ills in the victorian era, men, women and children took it.
  • Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »

AZT makes you smarter big time.

Cannabis makes you dumber for sure, just listening to the users talking is like chimps trying to converse.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    AZT makes you smarter big time.

Cannabis makes you dumber for sure, just listening to the users talking is like chimps trying to converse.

there are some studies that suggest it increases iq and some that indicate the opposite, it`s a very problematic field to research not least because of the legal limitations and the jury is by no means in.

i`ve smoked with plenty of highly educated and intellectual people and had lots of discussions, if anything they`re deeper stoned, perhaps you just know thick people.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will_Bee wrote: »

I think that probably says more about the people you've seen stoned, than it does about the drug itself.

If you're an intellectual sort that smokes pot, if anything, it seems to 'enhance' the experience of philosophical thought.

Of course, there's a scientific basis for this too. Cannabis increases the inter-connectivity of the brain massively, which is how it can also cause elements of 'paranoia' in some people as it can cause two or more erroneous thoughts to be linked when no such link really exists.

Again, as long as you're fairly intelligent anyway, cannabis makes you much better at games such as Concentration and Word Association for the same reason.

Presumably this is also why many creative sorts find it helps them create/paint/write/compose far more effectively whilst stoned.
    i`ve smoked with plenty of highly educated and intellectual people and had lots of discussions, if anything they`re deeper stoned, perhaps you just know thick people.

Quite :D
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Ectasy can make you dumb... I knew a guy who abused it and turned him into a cabbage who has dementia type symptons he wasn't born that way... He was once normal

I have witnessed friends have massive personality changes over years of abusing it, So I am not surprised.