Prince George and Princess Charlotte first photo

Comments

• PatchbunclePatchbuncle Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    I agree about the hair, so old fashioned. Also, the long socks, which he seems to be wearing in almost every photo i've seen of him.

Any parent can dress their child as they want of course...but as Kate and William seem to be quite a modern couple i'm just surprised at how they have styled George.

Gorgeous pics though.:)

I think it's all very deliberately thought through; dress him very old fashionedly when he's in public/being officially photographed so when he's more normally dressed and out with the nanny he's less recognisable. Well that's my theory anyway.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olls~ wrote: »
    It's funny that people still drag this up.

it's funny because its so obvious and the royal bum-lickers still can't bring themselves to admit it. :D:D:D he is nothing at all like all the other long faced, wide eyed, horsey toothed royals. Nothing at all. Even the baby George looks more like a royal than Harry. :D:D
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    it's funny because its so obvious and the royal bum-lickers still can't bring themselves to admit it. :D:D:D he is nothing at all like all the other long faced, wide eyed, horsey toothed royals. Nothing at all. Even the baby George looks more like a royal than Harry. :D:D

Apart from the fact that in the vast majority of photos (this one for example) I see of Harry he is the absolute double of Charles, he doesn't look anything like them, no.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Apart from the fact that in the vast majority of photos (this one for example) I see of Harry he is the absolute double of Charles, he doesn't look anything like them, no.

You should have gone to Specsavers!!:D:D:D
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    nice enough photos but a bit boring from a photographer`s point of view.
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    You should have gone to Specsavers!!:D:D:D

Nothing wrong with my eyesight, he's the spitting image. Same eyes, same ears, same expressions.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

Harry looks far more like his dad and granddad then his brother, which seems to get completely overlooked by those who insist that Hewitt is his dad, on the basis of his red hair (which comes from the Spencer side of the family).
    Forum Member
    Harry looks far more like his dad and granddad then his brother, which seems to get completely overlooked by those who insist that Hewitt is his dad, on the basis of his red hair (which comes from the Spencer side of the family).

no, both parents have to carry the gene to produce a redhead and you don`t have to have a string of redheads in your faMILY TO CARRY IT EITHER, IT JUST POPS UP UNANNOUNCED.

bit like my caps lock :blush:
    Forum Member

He really does. Some of the grimacing Harry does from time to time is Charles to a tee. William may well have the Windsor hairline going on, but Harry's facial resemblance to Charles is obvious.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,884
    Forum Member
    Looking at all the DM comments (and general comments on the net) it's funny - approval ratings for the Royal Family are at an all time high. A couple of years back it was something like 70% in favour of them. Maybe more.

But the problem with the internet is the vocal minority can shout and scream so much, throwing their toys out the pram ("unlected sopongers!11! Rage"!""") they can almost convince themselves it's the popular opinion.

Since the vast majority who approve of the Royals probably wouldn't feel the need to constantly respond to every negative internet comment. So you end up with this strange, skewed idea (online) that this country wants rid of them.

I just find it all quite amusing. This disparity between the almost fantastical consensus by the wailing internet commenters and the proper consensus out there in the real world.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm a staunch Republican, but can blatantly see that Harry is the spitting image of Charles. It is really hard to fathom why some people still want to deny this. I think it will become even more obvious the older and greyer he becomes.
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely photos; they both look adorable. Interesting to see Charlotte has blue eyes but George has brown eyes. Also looks like Charlotte's hair is coming in slightly darker than George's. Polar opposites. :D
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I'm a staunch Republican, but can blatantly see that Harry is the spitting image of Charles. It is really hard to fathom why some people still want to deny this. I think it will become even more obvious the older and greyer he becomes.

The older he gets the clearer it gets, round the nose and eyes he's the image of Charles and Philip, what's odd is how he's strangely rather cute :blush:

Cute photos btw to get back on topic
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with my eyesight, he's the spitting image. Same eyes, same ears, same expressions.

100% correct. Harry is the very image of Charles.

Anyone who thinks that Harry looks anything like Hewitt, is beyond help at Specsavers, they must already be blind.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    George is absolutely adorable and I love his dress sense (I see plenty of people wearing old fashioned clothes, it's actually a trend now). Charlotte is a cutie as well.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    George is absolutely adorable and I love his dress sense (I see plenty of people wearing old fashioned clothes, it's actually a trend now). Charlotte is a cutie as well.

Well, it's not actually his dress sense :D. He'd probably rather have sat there in his Thomas the Tank Engine PJ's :cool:
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    He'll be going bald by the time he's 20.The royal curse strikes again.

I bet he won't because Mikey Middleton has a full head of hair at 60-odd, same as my maternal grandad. I'm 42 and my brother is 44 and we have no signs of becoming slapheads.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, both parents have to carry the gene to produce a redhead and you don`t have to have a string of redheads in your faMILY TO CARRY IT EITHER, IT JUST POPS UP UNANNOUNCED.

bit like my caps lock :blush:

And as his cousin, Princess Beatrice, is a red head it does suggest the gene runs through the Windsor side as well :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    And as his cousin, Princess Beatrice, is a red head it does suggest the gene runs through the Windsor side as well :cool:

Beatrice got it from her mum like I did. My mum is ginger. My sister is dark and my brother is ginger, we all had jokes about my sister being the milkman's etc but my dad is (was) dark, simples.
    Forum Member
    Beatrice got it from her mum like I did. My mum is ginger. My sister is dark and my brother is ginger, we all had jokes about my sister being the milkman's etc but my dad is (was) dark, simples.

beatrice got it from both sides, if only one parent is carrying the ginger gene you will not get a ginger child.
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »

i`d forgotten about her, also prince andrew looks to be what you might call on the spectrum.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,471
    Forum Member
    Why post though?.

Well, that's the thing about a 'discussion' forum...
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beatrice got it from both sides, if only one parent is carrying the ginger gene you will not get a ginger child.
    are you a professor of Gingenetics?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My nan used to be called "that redheaded bugger" by her father in law because she stood up to him.

I suppose that is an early form of ginger bullying!
    Forum Member
    are you a professor of Gingenetics?

:D

i have a ginger boy.
    Red Hair Genetics

Since both copies of your MC1R gene need to be the red hair versions (rr) to become a redhead, the following possible situations can result in redheaded offspring:

1. Both parents are carriers. As shown in this punnett square, father (yellow) and mother (pink) contribute one of two possible alleles (R or r) of the MC1R variants to the baby. As a result, there is a 25% chance that any of their child will inherit two r alleles from each parents and will be a redhead.

2. One parent (e.g., mother) is a redhead and the father is a carrier. In this case, every child will inherit one r allele from their mother and has an equal chance of inheriting the R or r allele from the father. Therefore, the chance of each child being redheaded is 50/50.

3. If both parents have red hair, then all offspring will be red headed (rr).

If one of the parent does not carry the red hair (r) allele, then no matter what the other parent's genotype (RR, Rr, or rr), none of their children will have red hair. Although some kids will be red hair carriers if they inherit a r allele.

http://www.myredhairgene.com/page1/page1.html