Motion sickness with MW3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,447
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is weird. I can sit on guitar hero for hours (the time just whizzes by) and I might get a sense of things around the room moving when I look at them. It's not unpleasant but MW3 and all the earlier ones, I really struggle to play them without getting really bad motion sickness. What's the best way to deal with it aside from just not playing the game :confused:

Comments

• Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guitar Hero i can understand. I've seen my tv rise up into the air.

But MW3?

Maybe you're putting in too many hours.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the FOV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't played these modern warfare games much because they tend to make me feel sick so you'll have to bear with me. I don't get chance to stay on them long enough. I'd like half an hour at least :o Is FOV field of vision?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I get it playing the first Harry Potter because the graphics are terrible and the view point whizzes around so quickly :o
    Sorry I don't know how to help though :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can get motion sickness as well in fast moving first person games. Sitting futher away from the screen may help but I think the only real answer for some people is to not play for so long at a time or take breaks.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simulator sickness is horrible :(, I sadly get it with most games like COD / GTA, most first person games cause it. There are some wrist bands which you can buy that stop the nerve that causes sickness, but I haven't tried them as yet.

Here is some information on what is suspected to cause it.

Motion sickness caused by video games, sometimes called simulator sickness, is caused when there is a disconnect between what your eyes are seeing and what your body is feeling. The most common theory (taken from many medical websites) about why you get sick is that your body thinks that you have been poisoned and you are hallucinating the movement that you are seeing but not feeling, so you get nauseous and (if you don’t stop playing right away) vomit in order to flush the toxins from your body.