Have you ever walked out on a film?

SuperbassSuperbass Posts: 960
Forum Member
✭✭
I walked out on The Happening when it turned out that the reason people were killing themselves were because
THE PLANTS TOLD THEM TOO:eek:
Yet I managed to sit through the remake of The Wicker Man, one of the comedy gems of our time :D:D

Any films you've walked out on - either because the film sucked, or maybe it was too violent etc etc?

Comments

• CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite liked THe Happebing.

Lost in Space on the other hand.....
  • SuperbassSuperbass Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    I quite liked THe Happebing

Was that the sequel? :p
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    many years ago with face/off.
    Went to see it with an ex-g/f during a weekday, it really wasnt our cup of tea. Seeing as there were about a dozen people in and no-one around us, we lifted the arm rests up did the dirty and left. :o
    :D
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember being dragged out of Wayne's World 2 (which wasn't my decision) and also leaving a supposed screening of The Santa Clause that actually turned out to be Santa Claus: The Movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Tree Of Life and Killer Elite.

I've turned off several DVDs too, although I don't usually walk out of movies.
  • bob_fossilbob_fossil Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Constantine. Who knew the battle between heaven and hell would be so...aimless and dull! :)
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Some of my friends took me to "Get Over It". I thought the film was dreadful and walked out half-way through. :mad:
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    No, but I do wish I'd walked out of Cape Fear, and that was out of respect.

A supposed tribute to Hitchcock, this tedious overblown rubbish must've had the old master spinning in his grave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of my friends took me to "Get Over It". I thought the film was dreadful and walked out half-way through. :mad:

Is that the movie with Kirsten Dunst, Ben Foster and Sisqo? I totally forgot about this movie. It's so bad. I remember watching it and just feeling embarrassed for the actors.

I don't think I've ever walked out of a movie before and I rarely turn movies off either as I like to see them through. I did, however, switch off a movie I watched last weekend called 'A Film With Me In It' starring Dylan Moran. I thought it was dire despite reading good reviews.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    date movie and i think the island. i watched the tree of life at home and despite very mixed feelings i'd have had a hard time staying still.
  • mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,318
    Forum Member
    I walked out of Fright Night 2 and fell asleep in The Incredibles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    bob_fossil wrote: »
    Constantine. Who knew the battle between heaven and hell would be so...aimless and dull! :)

Went to see this as a semi-date and it was awful. Would have left if I could. Plus I'm pretty stubborn and feel silly leaving.

Would have left Grown ups and the interpreter too.
  • bob_fossilbob_fossil Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus I'm pretty stubborn and feel silly leaving.

Yep, I can relate. I've been to quite a few that I've wanted to walk out of, but stuck through to the bitter end due to either having blind hope that the film will improve...or because I'd feel stupid walking out :)
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Date Movie is the only film I have walked out on.Ive got a Cineworld unlimited card but I couldn't stand to sit through that.I normal try to watch the whole film no matter how bad.As I sat through Catwoman!
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Thin Red Line is the only film I've ever got up and walked out of ... I won't ever let another Terrence Malick cross my path.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I have, very nearly went to see Cowboys and Aliens though didn't, saw it on DVD, would most certainly have walked away from that mess!
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, though I've fallen asleep a couple of times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruno. What a piece of rubbish that film is.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Spy Hard, I left after the opening credits - I didn't want it to tarnish my regard for Leslie Nielsen.

I insisted on my £4 back too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Youre all gonna hate me but.... Pulp Fiction
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisztomania

and Moulin Rouge (not walked out, but turned off DVD after 5 minutes, and can't imaging I will ever watch it)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ai: Artificial Intelligence. Was too young at the time and found it boring. Picked it up on dvd and have enjoyed since
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never have walked out of a movie, even if it's the most boring thing ever. I have paid my money and I will sit until it finishes! If nothing else, it's a nice rest. :D

There are only 2 films I've wanted to walk out of, Ali because it was so, so boring and Hugo because it was just so very long and I wasn't that into it. But I didn't walk out of either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    fallen asleep at a few films but the only one i have ever walked out on was Johnny English... absolutely terrible film... i wanted to claw my eyes out and ram rusty nails through my ear drums... and that was only after 30 mins
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've fallen asleep once in the cinema and it was during one of the greatest movies of the last few decades, Dead Man Walking (hangs head in shame).

In my defense, I was only about 11 when I saw it which I'm sure was probably too young to even be at the screening and also I wanted to see a comedy at the time. I think it's a great movie now though.