Andromeda on Pick TV

montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just a heads up about the fact that Pick TV will be showing Andromeda in the 7:00 pm slot when Stargate Atlantis finishes in the new year. The bad news is that they are also showing ST: Enterprise in the 8:00 pm slot. :D

The first episode is 12th Jan 2014 19:00.

Comments

• THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a heads up about the fact that Pick TV will be showing Andromeda in the 7:00 pm slot when Stargate Atlantis finishes in the new year. The bad news is that they are also showing ST: Enterprise in the 8:00 pm slot. :D

The first episode is 12th Jan 2014 19:00.
    never could stand andromeda.wish they show seaquest dsv or babylon5.i don't mind enterprise though.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Andromeda the one with the pink girl or blue girl in it ?

And the Rambo type ?

I think I watched 2 or 3 episodes when it first came on then gave up

Did anyone watch it right through ?

Worth giving another go ?
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    I thought it was okay. I think I finally completed watching them all when they were on VMOD some time ago. Might watch them all again from January though. I wonder if they've got the whole five seasons? Hope so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was okay. I think I finally completed watching them all when they were on VMOD some time ago. Might watch them all again from January though. I wonder if they've got the whole five seasons? Hope so.

5 seasons........that's a pretty big commitment if it's on every weekday night (which I assume will be the case)

and there's no Plus One on virgin.....:o:o
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good
    I like Andromeda, even if it did lose it's way. It was a victim of a poor budget and too many behind the scenes arguments.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    5 seasons........that's a pretty big commitment if it's on every weekday night (which I assume will be the case)

Most people only watch the first two seasons though. Went seriously down hill after that. Not sure I've even seen the fifth season:o
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Andromeda the one with the pink girl or blue girl in it ?

http://andromeda.wikia.com/wiki/Trance_Gemini ??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I started watching this first time round but gave up after 2 or 3 episodes........

I'll give it another go

I always find these shows easier to watch if they show an episode every day rather than weekly........it's easy to give up on it if you have to wait a week for the next episode !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I started watching this first time round but gave up after 2 or 3 episodes........

I'll give it another go

I always find these shows easier to watch if they show an episode every day rather than weekly........it's easy to give up on it if you have to wait a week for the next episode !

I agree with you there. it keeps it fresh in your mind. That's why i store episodes up and watch them in a binge marathon these days.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Good
    I like Andromeda, even if it did lose it's way. It was a victim of a poor budget and too many behind the scenes arguments.

Not to mention Sorbo's ego trip during seasons 3-5. If any one exec had said "no" to Kev at any point Andromeda would undoubtedly have been a better show for it.

First couple of seasons, when Rob Hewitt Wolfe was involved, weren't bad. Kev then argued that the serialisation aspects of the show were too confusing for viewers and that it would be better if these were drastically reduced, instead focusing more on Dylan (ie. his character). Sorbo's saw an opportunity to paint himself as another William Shatner/Kirk, and in chasing that idea completely ruined the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Not to mention Sorbo's ego trip during seasons 3-5. If any one exec had said "no" to Kev at any point Andromeda would undoubtedly have been a better show for it.

First couple of seasons, when Rob Hewitt Wolfe was involved, weren't bad. Kev then argued that the serialisation aspects of the show were too confusing for viewers and that it would be better if these were drastically reduced, instead focusing more on Dylan (ie. his character). Sorbo's saw an opportunity to paint himself as another William Shatner/Kirk, and in chasing that idea completely ruined the show.

Oh no. That's the problem with when the lead is an exec producer. It can sometimes allow too much power to go to their head. Because when your an exec producer, your essentially giving the final word on everything.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most people only watch the first two seasons though. Went seriously down hill after that. Not sure I've even seen the fifth season:o

I don't think I even completed Season 2
  • daz100daz100 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    1-2 were pretty decent. 3 watchable. 4 dire and 5 abysmal.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    One a day with my lunch.
    Don't need it; I have Tivo :)
    Forum Member
    daz100 wrote: »
    1-2 were pretty decent. 3 watchable. 4 dire and 5 abysmal.

Description also works for Sliders and Earth Final Conflict.....:D
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And BSG?
    Forum Member
    And BSG?

Ha!

Not for me, but I'm sure it would for some! :D
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I always thought the first season of E:FC was excellent and the rest was drek. Well, 2 - 4 anyway. I never even bothered with 5.
    Forum Member
    If you've never seen season 5 then I'd keep it that way. As poor as the later seasons were, the final one, trawls whole new depths of bad.

It's pretty much the Battlefield Earth of TV - I.e. Without a single redeeming feature.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    i loved Andromeda when it first came on many years ago but haven't seen it in ages and would love to get to watch it from the beginning again through all 5 series just waiting until i can put it in my sky+ planner and series link it.

i will admit in the beginning it started with a straight forward storyline where dylon was trying to rebuild the commonwealth and that was good they had a goal to work towards and everything made sense.

then after the commonwealth was rebuilt things seemed to go okay for a while dylon still had to stop the worlds ship from destroying everything he helped to build. but then everything just started getting weird and season 5 was by far the weirdest of them all but as weird as it got i still liked it.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Worth giving another go ?

I thought season 1-4 were good overall. Season 5 was pretty poor though.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keith Hamilton Cobb was brilliant, he had the Shakespearean voice. He didn't like the way the show and his character were going so walked.
    Forum Member
    ^^ Brent Stait leaving didn't help the show either. Cobb and Stait were by far the best two actors on the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Keith Hamilton Cobb was brilliant, he had the Shakespearean voice. He didn't like the way the show and his character were going so walked.

I applaused when he left. He was dreadful. Couldn't act even if he had a gun to his head.
    Forum Member
    ^^ Booooo I say, booooo! ;)