Game Of Thrones Season 1 UK Pace (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brian Blessed!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucky old Tyrion ;)
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ark wrote: »
    Just on Sky Atlantic? grrr

You can watch it every week here

http://www.greatstufftv.com/

the putlocker version is quickest to load.
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean Bean looks like Triple H (the wrestler)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ned's brother Benjen only appeared in the prologue of the first book.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,929
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    This is great!!!
    Yes, much better than I expected!! :) Very well acted. Lots of lust and sneering. Just how I like it!!
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ned's brother Benjen only appeared in the prologue of the first book.

No, Benjen wasn't in the prologue. He visited Winterfell early in the first book, just like in the show, and talked to Jon about the Night's Watch.
    He is sent on a mission to find out what happened to the people in the prologue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    roger_50 wrote: »
    There's rumours of it coming to BBC, but nothing confirmed. It'll certainly be a while till it happens though. Perhaps late in the year.

no chance its a sky exclusive as its part of the HBO deal surely
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    The actor playing the character that pushed the boy (don't know any character names yet) is he Australian or American or something? His English accent sounded really put on.

Other than that, very much enjoyed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anachrony wrote: »
    No, Benjen wasn't in the prologue. He visited Winterfell early in the first book, just like in the show, and talked to Jon about the Night's Watch.
    He is sent on a mission to find out what happened to the people in the prologue.

My apologies, it's been a while since I read the book
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The actor playing the character that pushed the boy (don't know any character names yet) is he Australian or American or something? His English accent sounded really put on.

Other than that, very much enjoyed it.

He's Danish
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Danish.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed that a lot.

The Starks and the Lannisters are very well cast and the whole thing rang true to the books.

The only bit I didn't rate Dany's wedding scene as the "barbarians" were all a bit clean and it all looked and felt a bit forced--a very poor piece of setting and direction there ---like a bunch of geek sci-fi fans re-enacting a Klingon wedding.

But the Winterfell shenanigans was fabulous..Tyrion and Jaime , two of the best characters in the books, made compelling viewing .

Roll on episode 2
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jaime Lannister, played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. He's Danish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming the big bloke who was talking to Tyrion outside was Sandor Clegane??
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, but I think I have to watch it again, as I got a little distracted and ended up lost.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,894
    Forum Member
    no chance its a sky exclusive as its part of the HBO deal surely
    Well, if it is true obviously it wouldn't be shown till the series is finished its first run on Sky. Quite often exclusivity is only for a set time period.

Or it could be coming more cheaply after a whole year. But that's a long time to wait if you only have terrestrial freeview.
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming the big bloke who was talking to Tyrion outside was Sandor Clegane??

I think so. I loved the dog shaped helmet he wore when they arrived. Not very practical but... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Loved it. Have been following the progress of this series since they greenlit the pilot, and had plenty of reservations and concerns that it wouldn't translate to the screen, but I thought it was fantastic.

There was obviously a lot of scene-setting and character-introducing going on, but that's the case for a lot of big-budget, ensemble cast shows. I can also see how the Targaryen/Dothraki storyline would be harder to engage with compared to the more down to earth Stark side of things at this stage, but I'm hoping it's pretty enough to be watchable until Dany's story picks up.

I knew there'd be a lot of boobs and buttocks, so it didn't surprise me, and it's not unrepresentative of the books. I think it's just more, er, in your face on screen than in prose.

Special mention to the direwolf puppies. WANT ONE!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, but I think I have to watch it again, as I got a little distracted and ended up lost.

If you have Sky+ it's repeated at 12:25 tomorrow morning or you could watch it "live" at 10:10PM on Wednesday night
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have Sky+ it's repeated at 12:25 tomorrow morning or you could watch it "live" at 10:10PM on Wednesday night

Thanks, recording it. I will probably skip the first 15 minutes, as I have already seen that bit twice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    roger_50 wrote: »
    Well, if it is true obviously it wouldn't be shown till the series is finished its first run on Sky. Quite often exclusivity is only for a set time period.

Or it could be coming more cheaply after a whole year. But that's a long time to wait if you only have terrestrial freeview.

pretty sure the hbo deal means no one can show it for a fair few years, so dvd box set in august for most people
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Initially i was quite bored but it improved as it progressed. Though i'm lost on the details of the story. I will have to either rewatch it or just find a summary.
  • itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed it, I havent read the books so didnt know the characters etc
    But all very interesting in their own right,Jaime Lannister is already a character to loathe ( we always need one early on to hate) and in pushing the boy off the ledge he is instantly one we can hate :mad: and the brother of the girl marrying the barbarian im already hoping he gets a beating :p
    Looking forward now to ep 2 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've said it elsewhere but Peter Dinklage was born to play Tyrion Lannister