X Factors Kingsland Road make an important announcement that will sadden their fans

2»

Comments

• mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bless at the people thinking 5SOS aren't a boyband.
  • Stan_BStan_B Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've resorted to urban dictionary haha they're boy bands but it's sweet you think otherwise
    No I actually used a bit of common sense and have been around long enough to know the difference between Take That and The Vamps. Only one of them is a boyband....and I said I liked the definition on urban dictionary so if you're going to quote at least get it right.
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vamps and 5SOS aren't boybands in my book.
    To me a boyband is a group of male vocalists.

What amazes me is that young female fans of those bands get offended when they are called a boyband like that is any kind of offense when the marketing and targeting is exactly the same whether they play instruments or not.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vamps and 5SOS aren't boybands in my book.
    To me a boyband is a group of male vocalists.

What amazes me is that young female fans of those bands get offended when they are called a boyband like that is any kind of offense when the marketing and targeting is exactly the same whether they play instruments or not.

Believe me the Beatles were called a boy band when they first came out as were the Kinks,

How many changes of line up has Kingsland road had? Wasn't Marcus Collins in it at some point?
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus Collins was in Eton Road
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calum Hood says hi.

That made me imagine that if the discussion in this thread had occurred on Twitter, #Calumsayshi would be the top trending topic!
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are Union J less successful than One Direction. Who knows it's just random.

I haven't seen any promotion or heard any radio play for KR.

One Direction had a £20 million promotion campaign including being put on every major playlist, tv spots, newspaper coverage etc. The record company created a hype for One Direction.
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, I'm crying in my pillow, how could he possibly leave the band.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, their off on an "American adventure" next year?!! Are they for real?!! Jay has done the right thing in quiting and moving on with his life. The band will never make it and are just dilusional

Apparently they are for real.

The Soundcheck Group
    @SoundcheckGrp
    Great piece in Sunday's @Daily_Star about our @KingslandRd being signed in America. Thanks @JAMESINREHAB !

https://twitter.com/SoundcheckGrp/status/535043175199825920/photo/1

This is for all 25 fans of them. :pI actually found them likeable in that LM mashup they did before the show.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Most interesting piece of information that I got from that is that Sam Bailey is performing on December 7th.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    Most interesting piece of information that I got from that is that Sam Bailey

Poor Kingsland Road.