Survivor 26: Caramoan — Fans vs Favorites

The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
Forum Member
The cast has now officially been revealed.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/11/survivor-caramoan-fans-vs-favorites-new-cast-revealed/

Quite impressed and surprised at some of the returning players.

Always had a soft spot for Andrea, so hopefully she does well.

Comments

• RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, we can finally talk about it without spoiler tags! It is certainly an odd cast to be called "favourites", I wouldn't say any of them are fan faves apart from Malcolm, but I suppose it is better than lots of 3rd or 4th timers. Still don't get the choice of Francesca though, odd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Hope Andrea & Brenda go far. Hate Brandon & Cochran. And Corinne but I hope she's as mean as she was in Gabon.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    As I saw somewhere else, the season should really be called Fans vs People Who Make Good TV.

It's certainly not a line-up of what I would call favourites.
    Malcolm was an obvious returnee but is it a bit too soon?
    Dawn is okay but I've pretty much forgotten about her since SP.
    Corinne was always such a desperate trying-too-hard villain. Should have been Crystal from Gabon instead. lol
    I suppose it will be interesting to see whether Phillip and Brandon are any more stable or if Erik has learnt from his mistakes, but surely we got more than enough of them in their original season? Cochran too.

I think Brenda and Andrea deserve a second chance since they demonstrated some sort of skill at the game, but due to unfortunate circumstances they probably left the game in an unsatisfying way.
    'Fransesqua' I guess is back simply to have a rematch with Phillip, she probably deserves some 'redemption'.
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Like the look of this season, hoping it is better then 25
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like the look of this season, hoping it is better then 25

:confused: I thought 25 was excellent. One of the best Survivors for ages with no gimmicks.
    I loved Cochran's initial thoughts on his fellow "favourites". There are so many dumbasses there.
    I really don't want to ever see Brandon or Philip ( posing in his ruddy pink knickers I see :mad: YUK) but Francheshquaw (Secret Service man's pronunciation!) is a good addition, while I could ogle Malcolm till the cows come home.

Not sure about this one. Time will tell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probst says it's even better than 25, but Probst can sometimes be off on his assessments.
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    :confused: I thought 25 was excellent. One of the best Survivors for ages with no gimmicks.
    I loved Cochran's initial thoughts on his fellow "favourites". There are so many dumbasses there.
    I really don't want to ever see Brandon or Philip ( posing in his ruddy pink knickers I see :mad: YUK) but Francheshquaw (Secret Service man's pronunciation!) is a good addition, while I could ogle Malcolm till the cows come home.

Not sure about this one. Time will tell.

I just could not get into the season, I could not find anyone likeable to root for, the only one I did not mind (Carter) they showed nothing of him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just could not get into the season, I could not find anyone likeable to root for, the only one I did not mind (Carter) they showed nothing of him.

Fair enough. I thought he was a total nonentity in strategy or playing it smart, even though he was pretty good on challenges after the merge.

But to me it outshone any season since H v V. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    Probst says it's even better than 25, but Probst can sometimes be off on his assessments.

:D:D Ya think?

Sheesh, Jeff is so out of tune with the viewers. He thinks Colton is a great cast member whereas I would have to think about watching if that spoilt, bullying brat ever came back.

Looking forward to seeing Eric redeeming himself. Now why do I think that's not going to happen? :p

Oh and it's a much younger cast this time, the oldest is pink knickers by a long way. :( Plenty of MTAs though.
    Forum Member
    Redmond wrote: »

Nowadays I tend to listen to Jeff's opinions and then think the complete opposite. :D

He still maintains that Redemption Island is one of the best seasons, and that Boston Rob (a man who needed 4 attempts at the game to win) is the greatest player ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probst did say that S25 was great though, and it was, so I'm hoping he's right with 26.
  • bluegroperbluegroper Posts: 11,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is a good selection of favourites or should I say favourites that are fans. From the fans side they are an interesting bunch from their VT's and think this season will be a good one.

I liked seeing Andrea back and think she has learned from Boston Rob in her series some life lessons on how to play survivor.

Eric who is back for some vindication on being the dumbest survivor ever, I think he is a competitor and will do well at the challenges.

Brandon well he needs to play very differently and not give up his immunity for anyone if he gets it, I am glad to see him say he voted himself out in his VT, so could do well this time, I will reserve judgement.

Cochran, I am not happy to see him back as he claims to be a fan of the show, he is not good at challenges and doesn't take risks, trading 6th place for 7th was absolutely stupid in his series. Can't be trusted so I expect him gone early.

Dawn I think deserved another chance and she is a competitor given her age.

Brenda well I would of preferred Marty back from her series, maybe she has learned how to play since, she thought she was in control but she got voted out, she is not that mart a player.

Phillip well I love him pink drupy underwear and all he is an entertainer and hope he can make his alliance early. I can see him aligning with Andrea early.

Franceswa well she didn't get into a majority alliance early on and I can't see her do it again, early out again is my prediction.

Malcolm deserves another shot as he came so close last series and think she could of won. I am thinking he will try to get in an alliance with Andrea so will also get Phillip and get offered his vote to take him to the en just like with Boston Rob.

I think this series will be a good one but I hope they mix the tribes before the merge, mixing fans with favs before the merge is a good idea just like last time.

I think there will be an early alliance with Malcom, Andrea, Phillip, Eric and Brenda on the favourites side :)
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts about the favourites are

Brandon, Philip - Eugh. They will hog a lot of camera time too.

Corrinne - I think she is a great villain and a good addition.:p

Brenda - I liked her.

Andrea - She is okay but a bit overrated. We'll see what she can do.

Francesca - I loved her and I'm glad she's back with another shot.

Dawn - Meh.

Malcolm - Not much of a fan.

Eric - Like him.:)

Cochrane - Actually, I kind of like him and I'm okay with him coming back though he's a bit annoying.
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What they should have done was get some favorites back if they are going to call it "Fans vs Favorites".

Those people aren't "favorites".

And the "fans" should be a no-brainer. All contestants are fans... unless they've been recruiting "characters" like 2nd-rate shows do? And, oh, wouldn't that suck? Wouldn't that be a meddling? Oh, yeah, well right they have been doing that, so I guess the "fans" qualifier does serve a purpose.

I do think it'll be a good season.
  • skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D
    I never realised you were a Survivor fan, Steph. Where've you been over the Seasons as we've dissected everythng. Linkies work so thanks for that.

And to go completely off topic to our other mutual love, Andy's just had an easy win so I'm happy. Fed up in a bit but dont know if I can be arsed to stay awake. :p
  • skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    :D:D
    I never realised you were a Survivor fan, Steph. Where've you been over the Seasons as we've dissected everythng. Linkies work so thanks for that.

And to go completely off topic to our other mutual love, Andy's just had an easy win so I'm happy. Fed up in a bit but dont know if I can be arsed to stay awake. :p

I have to stay off boards like this only as I kinda know the outcome way to early! The only CBS reality show I can watch and not be spoiled is Big Brother! Just afraid I say something I shouldn't! Same with the Amazing Race - I stay away from them also! I do read the posts though!

Watched the tennis tonight - I watched Heather last night online as ESPN and the Tennis channel were not covering CT13

Steph

ETA 6-2 6-3 Laura! brilliant match! (Now to go to bed and so not the right place to post this!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeff Probst ‏@JeffProbst
    Survivor: Fans V Favorites II starts Feb. 13th. More unpredictable events than we've had in a long time. I'm confident you will enjoy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at the favourites you can see it will be unpredictable. Just got a feeling it will be a car crash. You know its going to be bad but you will just want to look can't wait till it starts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the "fans" should be a no-brainer. All contestants are fans... unless they've been recruiting "characters" like 2nd-rate shows do? And, oh, wouldn't that suck? Wouldn't that be a meddling? Oh, yeah, well right they have been doing that, so I guess the "fans" qualifier does serve a purpose.

This is what bothered me about the last Fans Vs Favorites in Micronesia, they said the "fans" would be superfans who knew Survivor inside out. I was expecting an epic battle between those who studied Survivor and those who've played it. Instead we got very disappointing "fans" who probably only saw a bit of Survivor and thought it was "pretty cool" so they decided to apply. I remember interviews with some of them and some didn't even know who Parvati and Eliza were when they were first introduced. They were all absolute idiots, they hardly ever strategised, none of them ever had a clue what was going on, one of them quit, one of them asked to be voted out, one of them fell for the most obviously fake idol ever and the only one of the "fans" that made a lasting impression did so because he's known to have made the stupidest move in the history of Survivor that no true fan would ever ever EVER make. Seriously the most pointless tribe from any season. Thank god for the Favorites for making that season!

I just hope this next group of "fans" are genuine fans. They should give them a Survivor trivia quiz or something beforehand to make sure they're eligible. :p
    Forum Member
    I think by not including anyone from One World in FvsF it's supposed to hammer home the point and enforce Jeff's opinion that it's like the worst season ever. :rolleyes:
    But it's still not working on me, I think OW was certainly a step-up from RI and SP that's for sure.

Though it's kind of amusing how he's raving about FvsF being better than anything since HvsV yet most people seem unconvinced after seeing the line-up.
  • RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the 20 minute preview earlier. Still can't believe they asked Brandon back.
  • RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.realitynation.com/tv-shows/survivor/ormer-castaways-invited-back/27582/

Seems Matt and Shambo turned down the chance to return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really, really don't want to see Shambo again. But I'd swap both of them for Special Agent pink knickers or Brandon "Temptation is all around me" Hantz in a flash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RenThraysk wrote: »
    Watched the 20 minute preview earlier. Still can't believe they asked Brandon back.

Neither can I. Apparently he had an interview where he stated he had never had sexual relations with his Uncle Russell - and it doesn't seem as if he were joking. Most odd.

I am hoping that Erik will be a mature player and have a good story arc. I felt so sorry for him before - I don't think he has the strategic capabilities of winning, but he will be a good competitor and I hope he goes far. Hope Frannie gets the upper hand of Philip. I think people felt she had so much more to offer - it's good to see a first person eliminated have a second chance. Although I like Brenda, I presume she will be an early target as she is a triple threat. I like her so hope she hooks up with Francesca and does well. I think Cochran will be safe for a while. Glad Shambo isn't returning - too mentally unstable for this. Would be cruel.