Options

Say something controversial that you believe...

Comments

• Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is ridiculous that the woman that killed her children in Lowestoft before throwing herself off the top of a multi-storey car-park recently has been treated so sympathetically by the press (almost as a hero) when if it was a man who killed his children before topping himself, he would be condemned in all quarters.

Utterly ridiculous,
    And it made me really angry.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Macbeth88 wrote: »
    Ireland should be given back to the Irish.

Ireland already belongs to the Irish. Northern Ireland should never be returned to the Republic because we don't want to pay for the civil war that would come next, if that happened, and I don't want my tax money paying to repair Belfast every time someone sneezes and a riot kicks off. Let them stay as their own country with their own currency, government, police force, etc., and let the Republic stay awesome.
  • Options
    sands11sands11 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People should mind their own business and stop interfering in other peoples lives. Absolutely sick of do gooders trying to tell everyone what they should and shouldn't do.

It's time for the Royal family to go, they are all benefit scroungers.
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are more important than animals.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to the animals.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Salad isn't food, it's what food eats.
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Not to the animals.

But their opinion doesn't matter
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nearly all 'royal duties' are completely unnecessary and engineered solely to give the royals something to do and lend an appearance of necessity to their role.

Tony Blair was a slimy ass, but he wasn't the anti-Christ and his government did a lot of good which is seldom recognised.
  • Options
    Harry.KewellHarry.Kewell Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who think homosexuality is a choice rather than what nature made them are damn fools.

Religion should be wiped off the face of the planet and replaced with a guideline of decent morals which teaches right from wrong.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Religion persists because, deep down, humans have always been afraid of death.
  • Options
    Just VogueJust Vogue Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't my job to ensure that others are doing their job. Why should I check the work of someone who has been paid to do a specific task? It isn't my fault that they screw up frequently and I shouldn't have to suffer because of it.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mattlamb wrote: »
    It is ridiculous that the woman that killed her children in Lowestoft before throwing herself off the top of a multi-storey car-park recently has been treated so sympathetically by the press (almost as a hero) when if it was a man who killed his children before topping himself, he would be condemned in all quarters.

Utterly ridiculous,
    And it made me really angry.

There's been several cases in recent years where men have killed their family and themselves, some have been put down to the ego of the man who can't accept that his family could possibly survive without him, hence the outrage.
    This woman was clearly ill, if you feel the need to feel so little sympathy that's your business but I don't share your views.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate how people with disabilities are automatically considered brave and inspiring be it a physical or mental difficulty. Some disabled people can be right tossers just like everyone else. I do however love Stephen Hawking.

I have little sympathy for alcoholics & drug addicts. Although I strongly applaud people that manage to pull themselves out of it.

ADHD and ADD is simply known as 'being an annoying twit'.

Obese people are awful to look at. I hate all this rubbish that 'big is beautiful' no it isn't it is hideous, end of.

I hate people who go out looking scruffy, even when I go to sign on I be sure to brush my hair, put on a bit of make up, wear something presentable etc I never leave the house without doing so.

Animals are better than most humans.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    boksbox wrote: »
    There's been several cases in recent years where men have killed their family and themselves, some have been put down to the ego of the man who can't accept that his family could possibly survive without him, hence the outrage.
    This woman was clearly ill, if you feel the need to feel so little sympathy that's your business but I don't share your views.

Anyone that takes anyone else with them when they commit suicide is a murderer.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    It's strange you should say that, because I think that in every Olympic event there should be one normal regular Joe allowed to participate, to show exactly how good the athletes are. Sort of a compare/contrast situation.

Lol yeah it would be like sports day at school where they made the fat nerds compete in races in order to make the thick sporty grunts feel like they achieved something.
    Unfortunately the nerds all have real jobs now so it would be hard to force them to run for our amusement now.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the Prince song "Purple Rain" is literally one of the SHITTEST songs I've ever heard.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and The Rolling Stones are just ok.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I hate how people with disabilities are automatically considered brave and inspiring be it a physical or mental difficulty. Some disabled people can be right tossers just like everyone else. I do however love Stephen Hawking.

On a similar note I don't think cancer sufferers are necessarily brave. It's not like they have a choice in the matter.
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »

Have you ever seen a man commit this crime (for whatever reason) be treated so sympathetically for it (regardless of what his state of mind at the mind)?

By all accounts she was mentally ill. As I'm sure are a good proportion of men that commit the same crime. It doesn;t mean the local news should show the events and her funeral in such a positive light. ITV were disgraceful in fawning over her.

It's total double standards
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heroes is word used far to frequently these days.

The Bedroom Tax is not a Tax! and is fair.

Michael Jackson's Thriller is rubbish.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy to do a mountain of recycling for my local council, every week (in fact, I do) but I think they should pay me for my labour in doing it.

Bedroom tax. OK so take the money you save from me living in an overcrowded house, off my council tax bill or something as - like many council tenants - I live in a house built and designed for 4 people, and for years it had 7 of us crammed into it (now 6).

Yes, you fat waste of space, you can be an MP - but that means you have to put your entire family of the relevant age into the army. Then let's see how many wars you want to start.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mattlamb wrote: »
    Have you ever seen a man commit this crime (for whatever reason) be treated so sympathetically for it (regardless of what his state of mind at the mind)?

By all accounts she was mentally ill. As I'm sure are a good proportion of men that commit the same crime. It doesn;t mean the local news should show the events and her funeral in such a positive light. ITV were disgraceful in fawning over her.

It's total double standards

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Oh and The Rolling Stones are just ok.

Oh at last.

They are Down South's bad attempt at The Beatles. But nowhere near as good.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    The government want to ensure lots of people rely on benefits. That way theres a scapegoat to deflect the blame of the economy onto.

That way whenever theres a threat of cutting benefits it makes the government look better.

I also think we need proof of how tax money is being used in foreign charity. If its not making a difference to poverty then someone should work out why and not just send more! I cant see how places like africa are really getting better or worse with charity donated to them. Sure it looks good on tv seeing the kids in school etc but does it really help in the long run? Or does it just encourage them to rely on foreign aid therefore continue to have kids they cant feed because other countries will donate food to them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    People who think homosexuality is a choice rather than what nature made them are damn fools.

Religion should be wiped off the face of the planet and replaced with a guideline of decent morals which teaches right from wrong.

That's not controversial, it's just common sense surely?