Ben's Thighs

2»

Comments

• SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe that Ben danced what Kristina choreographed.

And Kristina choreographed to Ben's ability. :)
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh you are so magnanimous. Provided his wife agrees you get first go at everything! :D

You're so sweet! :) I'd forgotten all about his wife though! :cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His salsa is the highest viewed dance of the week on YouTube, a good 5k clear of everyone else. The power in Ben's thighs. :cry:

Those super-strong twin muscles! :eek::eek: *sigh*
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're so sweet! :) I'd forgotten all about his wife though! :cry::cry:

Ben is single, just keep saying it yourself and everything'll be okay. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben is single, just keep saying it yourself and everything'll be okay. :cry:

Well, we only want to be manhandled for a while; that's all. :o:D
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    And Kristina choreographed to Ben's ability. :)

Yes, he threw her around and didn't dance at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »

Yes. :)
  • PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not true. Rewatch their dance on the BBC website or Youtube. He did a bit more than throw Kristina around. The thing is their lifts were the highlights and that's what sticks in the memory. And yes, he could have done a little bit more dancing for my liking but perhaps Kristina wants to hide some of the vulnerabilities that would be revealed at this stage in the competition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. :)
    No! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No! :mad:

Sorry, he did try to dance, but badly. My opinion.:o
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    That's not true. Rewatch their dance on the BBC website or Youtube. He did a bit more than throw Kristina around. The thing is their lifts were the highlights and that's what sticks in the memory. And yes, he could have done a little bit more dancing for my liking but perhaps Kristina wants to hide some of the vulnerabilities that would be revealed at this stage in the competition.

Kristina always highlights herself in Latin routines - very like Ola. Ben had no hip movement and no rhythm. I don't mind who people vote for, but it's a bit disingenuous to claim that Ben is a good dancer or even an OK one. His Rumba last week wasn't as horrible as everyone feared and he supported Kristina well, but he still didn't do much.

It was very unfair of the judges to give him such a high score. He seems like a lovely guy and he's eye candy but come on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, he did try to dance, but badly. My opinion.:o
    Opining that someone danced badly is different from saying they didn't dance at all, which is what you seemed to suggest with your yes. Whether or not he danced badly there is the matter of how he compares with others and how he's progressing. I think on both of these he's doing well. I'm under no illusions about how far he'll get in the competition but to suggest he's merely a pole to Kristina, as some do - not necessarily you, is unfair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Opining that someone danced badly is different from saying they didn't dance at all, which is what you seemed to suggest with your yes. Whether or not he danced badly there is the matter of how he compares with others and how he's progressing. I think on both of these he's doing well. I'm under no illusions about how far he'll get in the competition but to suggest he's merely a pole to Kristina, as some do - not necessarily you, is unfair.

You see, when I said he didn't dance I mean he danced badly. I am glad I cleared this up. He's loosened up, he's more confident on the floor. But he's way overscored. And I worry when the judges are harsh on him subsequently he'll come hard down to the ground. I worry for him. But I hope this boost will make him dance a decent ballroom so I am intrigued how it compares to his waltz.:)

To add, he did support Kristina a lot in that dance. Same with Rumba, but at least rumba I remembered he tried two hip rotations at least (first one better than the second one).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kristina always highlights herself in Latin routines - very like Ola. Ben had no hip movement and no rhythm. I don't mind who people vote for, but it's a bit disingenuous to claim that Ben is a good dancer or even an OK one. His Rumba last week wasn't as horrible as everyone feared and he supported Kristina well, but he still didn't do much.

It was very unfair of the judges to give him such a high score. He seems like a lovely guy and he's eye candy but come on.
    As I've posted SCD-O the issue is that Ben danced even if not well. Both of you seemed to be suggesting he didn't dance at all, which seems a popular perception because the lifts overshadowed everything else. I would disagree that he has no hip action or rhythm. He seems to have both but displayed in lesswer amounts than others, why is not clear - physiology? confidence? Self consciousness?

Also I doubt anyone would argue Ben is a good dancer in the same breath they discuss Natalie, Sophie, Abbey, Susanna. Ashley or even Mark. But Ben is doing OK. He'll not make the final but he's doing OK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've posted SCD-O the issue is that Ben danced even if not well. Both of you seemed to be suggesting he didn't dance at all, which seems a popular perception because the lifts overshadowed everything else. I would disagree that he has no hip action or rhythm. He seems to have both but displayed in lesswer amounts than others, why is not clear - physiology? confidence? Self consciousness?

Also I doubt anyone would argue Ben is a good dancer in the same breath they discuss Natalie, Sophie, Abbey, Susanna. Ashley or even Mark. But Ben is doing OK. He'll not make the final but he's doing OK.

Ben is better than Gavin in latin, this is clear. But so far Gavin is better in ballroom. I think Ben will do as well as Gavin.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Every year on Strictly there is a contestant who grows on me and this year it might be Ben. His dancing is becoming more enjoyable to watch, he has a quiet but charming personality and I love the fact that he has channelled his tragic experience in life into starting an anti-bullying campaign. I want so many people to win this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were excellent lifts, he looked as though he'd barely broken a sweat
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lcacbc wrote: »
    They were excellent lifts, he looked as though he'd barely broken a sweat

Ben is quite impressive in the muscle department I'll give him that.