Chinese police to patrol the streets of Paris

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Chinese Police Will Soon Patrol The Streets Of Paris
The Telegraph
DAVID CHAZAN, THE TELEGRAPH
MAY 7, 2014, 3:37 PM

Chinese police will be patrolling the streets of Paris this summer alongside their French counterparts to help combat a surge in attacks against high-spending Chinese tourists.

Chinese visitors to Paris are estimated to spend an average of €1,470 (£1,205) each on shopping, mainly buying designer brands, according to Global Blue, the Swiss-based duty free services company.

An interior ministry official said the number of Chinese police to be deployed in Paris was still being decided. “Their role will be preventive and they will carry out patrols with French police at tourist sites,” the official said.

The Chinese are the biggest buyers of duty free goods in Paris. In an indication of the importance Paris attaches to encouraging Chinese visitors, Laurent Fabius, the foreign minister, personally welcomed tourists arriving on a flight from Beijing last week.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-police-will-soon-patrol-the-streets-of-paris-2014-5#ixzz31DRffkIa

Comments

• Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and your thoughts on this?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    and your thoughts on this?

I have no thoughts on this. I am just a reporter of news.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its pretty shocking the French police force feel this is necessary.
    it could actually send out the totally wrong signal for those Chinese Visitors
    if they don't see a Chinese policeman around it might not be safe
  • Options
    sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hahahahaha How to make yourself sound important when your not!!
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Will they be patrolling Bicester Outlet Village too?
  • Options
    mungobrushmungobrush Posts: 9,332
    Forum Member
    When I first saw the headline I thought that it was the announcement of an outsourcing deal to reduce cost.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    mungobrush wrote: »
    When I first saw the headline I thought that it was the announcement of an outsourcing deal to reduce cost.

Now there's an idea.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Telegraph

Chinese police will be patrolling the streets of Paris this summer alongside their French counterparts to help combat a surge in attacks against high-spending Chinese tourists.

Chinese visitors to Paris are estimated to spend an average of €1,470 (£1,205) each on shopping, mainly buying designer brands, according to Global Blue, the Swiss-based duty free services company.

An interior ministry official said the number of Chinese police to be deployed in Paris was still being decided. “Their role will be preventive and they will carry out patrols with French police at tourist sites,” the official said.

The Chinese are the biggest buyers of duty free goods in Paris. In an indication of the importance Paris attaches to encouraging Chinese visitors, Laurent Fabius, the foreign minister, personally welcomed tourists arriving on a flight from Beijing last week.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-police-will-soon-patrol-the-streets-of-paris-2014-5#ixzz31DRffkIa

Makes sense to me after all it isn't much different from various VIPs who never go anywhere without a privately funded entourage of bodyguards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Telegraph

duplicate - the machine has gone mad
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's better than being a citizen journalist at least.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Makes sense to me after all it isn't much different from various VIPs who never go anywhere without a privately funded entourage of bodyguards.
    Or when England supporters travel abroad and British police are used as hooligan spotters by the locals.

Of course importing Chinese cops would be a waste of time in London - as every other person is an immigrant of some sort so no-one can work out who is a local or who is a tourist
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I wonder who it might be robbing the Chinese tourists ???. It makes the French police look pretty incompetent .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Or when England supporters travel abroad and British police are used as hooligan spotters by the locals.

Of course importing Chinese cops would be a waste of time in London - as every other person is an immigrant of some sort so no-one can work out who is a local or who is a tourist

Exactly. Makes sense to have people there who can speak the relevant language, Chinese in the case of Paris and English in the case of footballers.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member

Why post something you have no thoughts on?