Options

Alya's relationship with Gary

Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There is quite a bit we can say about Alya's relationship with Gary. Some people will not be pleased that he split up with Izzy.

What has been more interesting has been her family's reactions. It seems hypocritical of Kal to object, when he is in his own relationship with Leanne. I don't think it's the race issue but the fact that Kal and Alya come from a Muslim background.

Intriguingly, Kal has come to tolerate Alya seeing Gary more thanks to his own mother's intervention on Friday. Given that in all likelihood he was born here but she was not, her relaxed attitude is more surprising but welcome.

Also, despite some of Gary's moans, his robbery at Roy's Rolls and his attack on Phelan about a year ago, he has gradually matured since his debut as a thug over the kitchen fiasco.

It will be interesting to see what comes of Alya's character as well as her relationship with Gary.

Comments

• Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, despite some of Gary's moans, his robbery at Roy's Rolls and his attack on Phelan about a year ago, he has gradually matured since his debut as a thug over the kitchen fiasco.

The evidence is that he has not matured at all.
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like the two of them together. Is it possible that by being together, two awful characters have become somewhat bearable?

Izzy though:mad:
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's alot to do with them thinking Gary's not good enough for Alya although I guess most fathers feel that way, he is pretty immature, doesn't have a proper job etc. I'm not sure what's so special about Alya though tbh she really annoys me.

Why was Izzy so bothered though, didn't they split up months ago but he's not allowed to see other people..?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    llgx wrote: »
    I think it's alot to do with them thinking Gary's not good enough for Alya although I guess most fathers feel that way, he is pretty immature, doesn't have a proper job etc. I'm not sure what's so special about Alya though tbh she really annoys me.

Why was Izzy so bothered though, didn't they split up months ago but he's not allowed to see other people..?:confused:

Just after Gary and Alya met at the club, from what I remember Gary stayed on her couch as he could not get home. Alya tried to reassure Izzy that nothing happened, but she did not even know he had been there in the first place! :o So, although Gary and Izzy had to some extent drifted apart, she seems to feel it was partly down to Alya.
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary is some man to come from his background and experiences and date someone he can't sleep with! Bravo! :D
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like these two as a couple. I hope it lasts. Izzy and Gary never had any chemistry whatsoever.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I don't buy Gary and Alya's relationship one bit. Alya is a beautiful, intelligent, educated young woman with prospects and Gary is an unemployed, petty criminal, thug. The most ridiculous aspect of their relationship is that after sensibly dropping Gary she takes him back after finding out that he is definitely a thug :o:confused:

As for Kal and his family, they rightly don't see Gary as good enough for their daughter / grand daughter.

Izzy is just stupid. She ended the relationship with Gary but now acts like he has abandoned her. However, it's like daughter like father as Owen is acting like Gary abandoned her as well.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's basically the same rehashed storyline with Leanne and Kal.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll all be forgotten about soon enough, and Alya and Gary will be living above Dev's whilst expecting a baby in the next 6 months.
  • Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    I do like these two as a couple. I hope it lasts. Izzy and Gary never had any chemistry whatsoever.

This!:)
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    There is quite a bit we can say about Alya's relationship with Gary. Some people will not be pleased that he split up with Izzy.

What has been more interesting has been her family's reactions. It seems hypocritical of Kal to object, when he is in his own relationship with Leanne. I don't think it's the race issue but the fact that Kal and Alya come from a Muslim background.

Intriguingly, Kal has come to tolerate Alya seeing Gary more thanks to his own mother's intervention on Friday. Given that in all likelihood he was born here but she was not, her relaxed attitude is more surprising but welcome.

It will be interesting to see what comes of Alya's character as well as her relationship with Gary.

No he hasn't, Or he wouldn't have the 'despites'
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He doesn't sound very mature to me. !!
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always liked Gary never liked him with Izzy as the poster above said they had zero chemistry, I like him with Alya hope they last, as for Izzy she is moaning even more than Michelle ever did and that's saying something
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I still can't get over the fact that she decided to take him back after hearing he tried to rob Roy's.
    I know he was hurt and she was concerned about his injuries but she doesn't seem at all bothered that he attempted to rob a neighbour :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like this couple . They work well together unlike Gary's sisterly relationship with Izzy. And why is izzy such a cow in general? !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't buy Gary and Alya's relationship one bit. Alya is a beautiful, intelligent, educated young woman with prospects and Gary is an unemployed, petty criminal, thug. The most ridiculous aspect of their relationship is that after sensibly dropping Gary she takes him back after finding out that he is definitely a thug :o:confused:

As for Kal and his family, they rightly don't see Gary as good enough for their daughter / grand daughter.

Izzy is just stupid. She ended the relationship with Gary but now acts like he has abandoned her. However, it's like daughter like father as Owen is acting like Gary abandoned her as well.

Yes, this does make it surprising that Alya has fallen for Gary. She has also forgotten that when they first met in the club with Jason and a friend of Alya's, Gary described himself as single. A dead giveaway that he might be at best disloyal and dishonest, and at worst unfaithful. :o
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Yes, this does make it surprising that Alya has fallen for Gary. She has also forgotten that when they first met in the club with Jason and a friend of Alya's, Gary described himself as single. A dead giveaway that he might be at best disloyal and dishonest, and at worst unfaithful. :o

:o Wow. I didn't actually remember that but surely Alya would ;-)
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As with everything involving Kal's family. I don't like t his relationship and it makes no sense that a grown woman with a degree is letting her dad and grandparents dictate who she dates. Plus their is very little chemistry with these two and very few actual reasons for them to be apart so they have no rooting value.

I would like to see them have Sinead cheat on Chesney with Gary.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As with everything involving Kal's family. I don't like t his relationship and it makes no sense that a grown woman with a degree is letting her dad and grandparents dictate who she dates. Plus their is very little chemistry with these two and very few actual reasons for them to be apart so they have no rooting value.

I would like to see them have Sinead cheat on Chesney with Gary.

Maybe she already is; she might have been Gary's look-out while he robbed Roy's cafe and that is why she was so quick to blame Roy for the whole affair.
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]
    Maybe she already is; she might have been Gary's look-out while he robbed Roy's cafe and that is why she was so quick to blame Roy for the whole affair.

That would be hilarious if they were having an affair and no one knows about it. Would that be a soap first for an affair to be going on and no one (not even the audience) knows about it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be hilarious if they were having an affair and no one knows about it. Would that be a soap first for an affair to be going on and no one (not even the audience) knows about it?

A similar storyline did occur in Brookside. In order to write Max out and split him from Suzannah, they contrived a storyline about an affair on and off for 20 years. This was the first we heard of it. Never mind his affair with Patricia when with Suzannah first time around...
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Can their relationship last without sex? Gary must be like a cannon waiting to explode
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    Can their relationship last without sex? Gary must be like a cannon waiting to explode

What a beautifully breathtaking and expressive image you've managed to paint in my head, alienpanda. A true masterpiece.

*VOM*

;-)
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    craig_25 wrote: »
    It'll all be forgotten about soon enough, and Alya and Gary will be living above Dev's whilst expecting a baby in the next 6 months.

More than likely.
    I am not a huge fan of Gary.
    As for Alya, I think there will be more to her than meets the eye.
    I think she could have a nasty streak in her.
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    Terrible pairing, no chemistry.