Options

The DS Factor - Does Digital Spy have the X Factor?

Comments

• Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those are some fab songs, another terrific night ahead. :D
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Liam for being so prompt!

VT SPOTLIGHT: LIAM (POOLEY)

Aliyah: What did you make of the comments last show? Did you think you would be hitting the b2 even though your comments were quite positive all round?
    Liam: i was happy with my comments apart from Steves about not connecting. tbh i thought i did but then shock i was in the bottom 2 for the second time in 3 weeks. was i suprised .... not really

Aliyah: Stacey's sing off comment was in regards to how she thinks you've given everything you have to offer, what did you make of those comments and have you given up on trying to impress her now?
    Liam: i've got to be honest here. i was extremely offended that she took the time to write such a horrible thing. fair enough she may think tom deserves to be here more than me, he opinion. but to say i've given everything i have to offer, is bored and i'm definatly out this week is quite frankly below the belt. i have given up trying to impress her, i don't want what happened to steve to happen to me where i go ot trying to impress one person

Aliyah: Judges choices song teaser?
    Liam: we're still in discussions but we're going for something a bit cooler and less divarey if that makes sense haha
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey just to say I'm away till tonight so I'll message you Stacey when I get home but basically I'm happy enough with whatever you think!

Also I didn't get a VT thingy, not sure if they're all sent out yet

Really happy with jukebox song (and a bit nervous)
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Kind of went off the forum for the last few weeks so I missed the last show... Caught up now.

Sorry to see Tom go, when you were on it you did a really good job and I liked listening to your songs. Congrats to Liam, though you shouldn't have been in the bottom 2 in the first place. Really puzzled about that one considering a thing or two (but then, I didn't vote so can't complain too much I suppose)

One other thing, Louise singing Haim? Love it! I actually meant to randomly suggest this at some point, I think they'd suit your voice perfectly. Really looking forward to that one :)
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Aliyah: Stacey's sing off comment was in regards to how she thinks you've given everything you have to offer, what did you make of those comments and have you given up on trying to impress her now?
    Liam: i've got to be honest here. i was extremely offended that she took the time to write such a horrible thing. fair enough she may think tom deserves to be here more than me, he opinion. but to say i've given everything i have to offer, is bored and i'm definatly out this week is quite frankly below the belt. i have given up trying to impress her, i don't want what happened to steve to happen to me where i go ot trying to impress one person
    Lol it took me all of 2mins to write it, I don't know why you're so offended since it was only my opinion and clearly the other judges disagreed anyway evidently as they saved you. If you're going to react badly to the opinion of JUDGES (which is, to remind you, what we're here for) then you shouldn't have bothered entering the show in the first place. I was right about Steve only lasting for another week after his mess of a performance and I'm sure I'll be correct this time too. :)
  • Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    yes but stacey did you really need to drag me down when i was just saved saying quite frankly some horrible things - i could go on about why i think your a bad judge and no doubt you would be offended as well. i take critisism on my singing, not on how your bored of me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pooley wrote: »
    yes but stacey did you really need to drag me down when i was just saved saying quite frankly some horrible things - i could go on about why i think your a bad judge and no doubt you would be offended as well. i take critisism on my singing, not on how your bored of me
    You're overreacting massively since I never said I think you're a bad singer or anything of the sort (I actually think you have a good voice, it's just not my style). And we can critique whatever we want, if you can't deal with it then it's your problem and not mine. Saying I'm bored is once again...my opinion of how I feel about your presence in the competition which is only the opposite to the comments I've made about being excited to see other contestants perform and I'm sure you wouldn't have an issue with that.
  • Options
    jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    So I've got a really horrible cold now... hopefully I'll be able to sing on pitch tomorrow well enough to record my songs, as tomorrow is the only day I can record!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey just to say I'm away till tonight so I'll message you Stacey when I get home but basically I'm happy enough with whatever you think!

Also I didn't get a VT thingy, not sure if they're all sent out yet

Really happy with jukebox song (and a bit nervous)

Yeah sorry havent had time today, shall send them to you tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VT SPOTLIGHT: JAKK (JACKEL1234)

Aliyah: What did you make of the comments from the judges? Stacey wasn't impressed and said it was out of tune, although Pete appeared to love your emotional interpretation?
    Jakk:
    I can understand where Stacey was coming from as I know I was out of key with that performance but with the mixture of time constraints and illness on my end I couldn't do anything about it. I tried to be different and shake the song up and do my own interpretation but I think I was just trying too hard to be different and stand out as I was told previously I needed to stand out more. I just went too far this time but I am getting back on track this week.

Aliyah: I'm going to mention some of the post-show comments after the show, a few of the viewers did say some pretty negative things about you, I want to know what you have to say about this and if you're determined to prove them wrong?
    Jakk:
    If I am perfectly honest one of those viewers is a known troll and I couldn't have cared less what he said. The other viewer was David who already listed me as one of his none favourites so I was never truly going to have him on my side so soon but like I said earlier I understand it wasn't my best performance and I am going to be working my butt off to make sure that I prove why I am still here.

Aliyah: Judges choice song teaser?
    Jakk
    : Me and Marsha both want something that will make me a contender again and right now we've gone with a song which is just full of emotion and really shows off my vocal ability, it also features bagpipes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm I've received 1 set of songs so far, do people need an extra day? (post on the thread if you do)

Also Rick will send out the VT questions to the rest of you soon!
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Hmm I've received 1 set of songs so far, do people need an extra day? (post on the thread if you do)

Also Rick will send out the VT questions to the rest of you soon!

Oh really?

Just kidding, I'll get them sent tomorrow afternoon/evening once I get back home. Apologies for the delay, I keep forgetting about these blasted VTs. :blush:
  • Options
    TVScanner99TVScanner99 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I forgot to vote :blush: The weekend was really busy for me. Anyway, I just uploaded a cover on Audioboom. Would appreciate it if you all listened :) Thanks.
    https://audioboom.com/boos/2795739-skyfall
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mentors/Judges will reveal the acts song choices & say a few things about the song-choosing process when they are ready :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I've heard there's been illnesses, technical errors on audioboom, and some silence between acts and their mentors - therefore I think it's best for everyone if I delay the show by one day to THURSDAY. So yall have an extra day to get yourself sorted :p
  • Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    apologies have been busy with work and taxes (bain of my life haha) - me and pete nearly have our song sorted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stacey just to confirm that song is fine to go ahead with, sorry haven't been online much (too busy turning 25, #old)

I'll have mine in by tomorrow!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you so much! I can barely speak, so hopefully tomorrow I will be feeling better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heeey y’all, I just want to say that it was really great working with both Justin and Louise this week and I’m super glad I got the opportunity to!

So originally Justin messaged me first (#badmentorteas) to see if I’d got any ideas about song choices and I put together a list of 5 song options I thought were suitable/challenging that I’d love to hear him sing and asked him his thoughts on them and maybe to have a practice with singing to see which he thought would fit his style and that he’d be comfortable with recording. I actually found it quite easy to choose songs for Justin, I tried to aim for songs with a large ish range that would give him the opportunity to shine and show off the best qualities to his voice. So in the end we came up with Grace Potter’s “Stars”.

Similarly to Justin, I messaged Louise with a bunch of 5 songs that I thought were within her range that I think would be awesome to hear her sing and contrasted her Jukebox song which is a more on the up-tempo side. She told me she was happy to perform any of them and liked a certain two in particular so ultimately I made the final decision between those two. I think it’s really important to get it right with song choice for Louise more than most in the competition, also I got the impression she’s kind of nervous about singing Haim so I went with a slightly safer choice that I think will show off her gorgeous tone immensely which is DJ Sammy’s “Heaven”.

Also happy birthday Louise, hope you've had an amazing day <3
    Sorry, I forgot to vote :blush: The weekend was really busy for me. Anyway, I just uploaded a cover on Audioboom. Would appreciate it if you all listened :) Thanks.
    https://audioboom.com/boos/2795739-skyfall
    This is so good! Song choice was literally crucial for you I think, because this was one of my favourite performances from you. If you're like, taking requests then I'd suggest Amy Winehouse's "Valerie" (Gav & I actually spoke about it for Robert originally but I think it'd suit you even better) and Coldplay's "The Scientist" :kitty:
  • Options
    cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    We are just finalising Liam but here's some info on the lovely Robert's song...

Robert
    I had an immediate idea we both loved, but an initial recording showed that Robert would have had to do too much work amending parts of the song for this week, but you may see it in the future. :)
    We then discussed him doing some indie pop and I sent a list of suggestions, all of which were really happy songs except one darker song - which I included as I could just really see it suiting him - and that's the one he wanted so we went for it!
    The song is one of the biggest bands of the last couple of years transforming a 2001 RnB / hip hop song into an atmospheric, haunting track, and imo Robert has really made it his own with a stunning performance.
    Robert will be singing...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alright, I've recorded my songs. I'm not as proud of them as I could be because I'm still feeling sick, but I hope you all like them!
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Woah I haven't been on the forum for quite some time so just catching up. I'm a bit shocked about the stuff that's being said here. Get ready for a classic essay.
    I don't know why you're getting so defensive over what was originally a kind of jokey comment? Of course we all have our favourites and I'll happily be the first to admit that my rankings are often biased to an extent because that's only natural. :kitty:

Lol I don't think Rick's comment was 'defensive', it was quite reasonable. It doesn't seem like David's joking here considering he keeps on mentioning an alliance every single comment. Also a joke is something quite amusing, I find David's and Tommy's comments quite derogatory (though I wouldn't put it past Tommy - being a Week 1 casualty so often must have limited his verbal capabilities). Jakk and I are friends - but I haven't actually voted for the past 3 weeks and when I have Tom, Louise, Alex and Justin have been topping my votes so I'm not exactly sure who's in this imaginary alliance? Maybe it's the fact that week after week, people have mentioned Jakk as their favorite? Maybe it's Uncle Kevin who hasn't been seen on DS for a month? Or maybe it's Jakk's DSFE friends? :kitty: Either way David - I thought we were friends too? Obviously the alliance extends in that direction too then (which I think it does a certain somewhere else)?

Anyway commiserations Tom, as I mentioned before you have been one of my favorites and I actually loved your song and song choice this week! Kiss From A Rose is such a majestic song and one of my favorite songs of all time. I thought you did a pretty great job! Sorry I wasn't there to vote - would have had you right at the top. Well done for getting this far you've done fantastically. And Liam you've been so technically sound throughout your song choices that people just demand a little more but your sing off was brilliant once again. Well deserved to get through based on that. Also a little something for Robert which I don't think I've said yet LOVED your rendition of the John Newman song - it was amazing! Well done and there's no need to be shy about your voice Robert with your tone. :) This week, I absolutely loved Alex's version of Lonely Symphony - which was so amazingly dramatic (love the higher range you're showing off now) - and Louise's version of Kiss Me which was so gorgeous. <3 Would love to have heard Justin's version of Octahate this week too - love that song...:cry:

Also loving the song choices as well as the fact that the public voted for my suggested artists (Florence for Alex and Haim for Lou) hehe. :D That's probably because of our secret alliance as well - bffs and all. :kitty: Probably sabotaging Louise and Alex so Jakk can win this online forum competition YAY (sorry guys :cry:).

Good luck everyone! :blush: Can't wait and if my exams permit, hopefully I'll be able to vote this time round too! :)
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Stacey just to confirm that song is fine to go ahead with, sorry haven't been online much (too busy turning 25, #old)

I'll have mine in by tomorrow!

Omg belated happy birthday Lou Lou <3<3 Hope you had a great day with the fam and your wonderful daughter! Don't work too hard. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Stacey & Roxie for the birthday wishes <3

Fiiiiiinally recorded my songs omg, I underestimated how difficult it would be to record in the company of a toddler but it turns out, very :kitty:

Also I think in my recordings I sound really loud compared to the background music but the only way I can record is using audioboom on my phone to record myself and then putting YouTube on my laptop in the background because my laptop mic is broken so hopefully I don't break your ears
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol I don't think Rick's comment was 'defensive', it was quite reasonable. It doesn't seem like David's joking here considering he keeps on mentioning an alliance every single comment. Also a joke is something quite amusing, I find David's and Tommy's comments quite derogatory (though I wouldn't put it past Tommy - being a Week 1 casualty so often must have limited his verbal capabilities). Jakk and I are friends - but I haven't actually voted for the past 3 weeks and when I have Tom, Louise, Alex and Justin have been topping my votes so I'm not exactly sure who's in this imaginary alliance? Maybe it's the fact that week after week, people have mentioned Jakk as their favorite? Maybe it's Uncle Kevin who hasn't been seen on DS for a month? Or maybe it's Jakk's DSFE friends? :kitty: Either way David - I thought we were friends too? Obviously the alliance extends in that direction too then (which I think it does a certain somewhere else)?

Also loving the song choices as well as the fact that the public voted for my suggested artists (Florence for Alex and Haim for Lou) hehe. :D That's probably because of our secret alliance as well - bffs and all. :kitty: Probably sabotaging Louise and Alex so Jakk can win this online forum competition YAY (sorry guys :cry:).
    First of all I don't know why you're quoting me when you seemingly have the issue with David's comment? It was defensive and we all know why...even you so you can quit the dumb and innocent act. There is a reason why he's been mentioning alliances and I can totally see why he thinks it's being transferred to this game as well whether it has or not; you wouldn't know anyway since you're not the one receiving people's votes.

You clearly don't 'get' Tommy at all (why am I not surprised? You'd need a sense of humour for that.) and actually he has made it to week 2 several times so you should totes research your facts next time with all this false information I see. :kitty:

Lmao you're so incredibly ironic. Who's the one who goes around messaging everyone telling them how much you LOVE their acts and vote them top every week and are SO SORRY to see them go?! You're so desperate that you'll do anything it takes to win these 'online forum competitions' so lose the pretentiousness cus nobody believes it anymore. Little do you know that the majority of people are actually aware of how two-faced/fake you are. Oh and don't bother messaging me after this essay to check we're still 'all good' either, your act got old with me a long time ago babe x