Options

Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect it was the sanctimonious chris who did the deed
    I am finding doctors heavy going at the moment I hope zara and dishy doc get back together soon i wont like it if she finds a new man or he finds a new woman , it will be like Watching when Malcome married Lucinda instead of Brenda:o
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Another thumbs up for the acting on yesterday's episode. Top notch. A bit sad not to be seeing Sam again as I rather fancied him :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So did Heston supply Sam with the drugs to end it all? If he did he is no better than Shipman and should swing for his actions. But then it was selfish of Sam to even ask, i mean he gets to pop off this world leaving who ever helped him to face hell on this one.

Don't go jumping to conclusions - Heston is nothing like Shipman and I doubt very much he would have done anything to help Sam end his life. He did make that very clear to him.

Anyway Shipman murdered people in cold blood - helping someone to die isn't quite in the same league.
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually shed a few tears myself at the end of the episode, but the whole episode had a feeling of impending doom (with the exception of the Mrs Tembe bits lol) right from the start. I still can't understand Sam doing that, and also wonder how he did it as I assume he took an overdose but is unable to use his hands to do it so it begs the question of who helped him as somebody must have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh - and you can't possibly liken Heston to Harold Shipman - it's not the same thing at all!!
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way would Heston have done it.
    Therefore the suspects(in my mind) are:

Howard
    Chris
    Emma

I reckon Chris as he is the least likely. They had Emma say 'not that one - that's your dad's' with the curry making us think it might be her, but it seems a bit obvious.

I hope Mrs T and the Reverend make a go of things - I would like to see her find love and he seems genuine - plus it would be one in the eye for that condescending woman and her flower rota.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I'll be glad to see the back of Sam, his whining gets on my nerves. He knows full well that his wife or son will get struck off if they help him, but couldn't care less about ruining their lives. Feel sorry for Chris being an only child in that family.

Loe Mrs T. and Gordon...hope he's not stringing her along.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    looby383x wrote: »
    I hope Mrs T and the Reverend make a go of things - I would like to see her find love and he seems genuine - plus it would be one in the eye for that condescending woman and her flower rota.

Mrs T would make a wonderful vicar's wife - and I can't wait to see Mrs Land's face when she finds out :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Stupid Emma,she should have known that Heston had to call the coroner, there had been secret of Sams wish to die and he had even asked Heston to help,sonos I guess it will be several episodes of who dunnit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nome wrote: »
    Stupid Emma,she should have known that Heston had to call the coroner, there had been secret of Sams wish to die and he had even asked Heston to help,sonos I guess it will be several episodes of who dunnit

She's not stupid, she's in shock and mourning and can't think straight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Karen is irritating and childish. She's behaving like a teenager over Mrs Tembe.

The Rev is so puppy-eyed over Mrs T - it's quite sweet really.

I noticed that Mrs T has taken off her wedding ring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    She's not stupid, she's in shock and mourning and can't think straight.

No, she's feeling guilty, guilt over his death whether she helped him or not, sorry but she is a selfish and self indulgent woman, mind you, Chris's behaviour is suspect, rushing out of the house like that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, she's feeling guilty, guilt over his death whether she helped him or not, sorry but she is a selfish and self indulgent woman, mind you, Chris's behaviour is suspect, rushing out of the house like that

I disagree. I think she's in shock, and she did love him. Maybe she is selfish, but most people have a certain selfishness about them.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I think dishy Chris could be involved in Sam's death:(

On a lighter note, just watched the cast and crew's Comic Relief Gangnam Style vid:D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Fantastic episode today....

Sam's death scenes were done really well. Very realistic.

Heston acting like the GP rather then a friend was good to see
    I don't think he really thinks Emma was down to it but he wants to clear her name as people will always Assume.

Chris body was a let down:(

Loved all the Karen and Mrs Tembe stuff today .

Nice to see The 'Next Time' trailer dropped so everything will be a surprise tomorrow

Gangnam Style hits Letherbridge
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their gangnam-style was pretty good but a bit old hat - why didn't they do the Harlem Shuffle? It would've been even funnier!
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    Karen is irritating and childish. She's behaving like a teenager over Mrs Tembe.

The Rev is so puppy-eyed over Mrs T - it's quite sweet really.

I noticed that Mrs T has taken off her wedding ring.

I've a feeling this potential love affair will come to a sticky end - I still find the vicar very creepy! His constant bedroom references yesterday seemed inappropriate and unnecessary.
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Why did Emma keep saying that Heston was Sam's friend. He only met Sam after the stroke, when he became his GP
  • Options
    jules4stujules4stu Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Chris body was a let down

everything about chris was a let down. limp lettuce springs to mind. and damn me to hell for saying it; but thank god sam has gone; he really ticked me off too
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,867
    Forum Member
    I didn't like the episode showing Sam's death at all, I don't think the way they had him dying was dignified at all, pretty much the opposite imo.

Did they get the times right too? The 17 hours earlier time seemed out to me at the time but I didn't get to see the original time for long enough to know for sure.

I thought Sam was very irritating in the way he was acting. His good arm would have healed and he could have worked on the rest of his body too but oh no, he just had to go and asap too and nothing else mattered or obviously the soap wanted it that way. I wish they had left it all well alone as they can hardly ever see these kind of storylines to their proper enth degree and this one would have meant going to a euthanasia clinic or getting someone to help him.

Thursdays episode was better but I found both episodes quite horrible and creepy and waiting for the inevitable was sad and horrible in general viewing wise for me.

I couldn't disagree more about the comments about Zara and Daniel belonging together. He doesn't deserve her one bit, he will always relapse into one of his selfish tracts that he has and he has openly admitted his selfishness in general and jealousy of his own baby son.

The baby is the only connection between Zara and Daniel and Zara only became a man eater as some kind of revenge against mankind when she was taken advantage of in trying to spare her dad from suffering that miscarriage of justice.
    With Daniel being a woman eater too ( :o:D) they kind of matched on that basis but with Zara still having the personality of her real self (Alex), I never thought they would last as couple and wouldn't have, even if Zara was a real alpha female and that Daniel will never stay faithful to any woman.
    Maybe a woman like Emma would be perfect for him?! :D
    In any case I think they should keep Zara man free until a good enough bloke who does deserve her comes along.

That Reverend, not only does he seem to have many different faces/looks but he is pretty much demanding that Mrs Tembe returns his feelings and I don't like that at all, far too pushy. Having said that, with Mrs Tembe "knowing herself so much ( ! :D), maybe it takes a pushy annoying so and so like that reverend to ever have a chance of winning her heart.

I think that reverend deserves to be paired up with Karen actually! :D
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Karen made me angry on Thursday the ways she took Mrs Tembe's phone and started reading the text. She is such a nosebag. Then Rob turned up and added to her pain. Shame on them!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Did anyone notice that when the episode using real time showed sam in bed dead for the first time, the sun was shining in over him brightly in the bedroom, yet when Emma enters the room and finds him dead it is dark and the curtains shut, which when Emma opens them, the room brightens up? Continuity is badly lacking. Also surely Emma would have known not to touch anything on the body, ie the bit of blood at the side of his mouth (if it was there in the first place) and her reaction to him lying dead, was as if she expected to find him like that and the going through the motions of making him a cuppa was to cover her own tracks. I think she murdered him. Time will tell, although I think Howard will get framed for it as he secretly visited Sam while Emma and Chris went to the carry out for tea....why on earth it required both of them to go in the first place I dont know....all a bit stupid if you ask me.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,867
    Forum Member
    Karen made me angry on Thursday the ways she took Mrs Tembe's phone and started reading the text. She is such a nosebag. Then Rob turned up and added to her pain. Shame on them!!!!!!

I cannot recall anyone ever telling Karen what a annoying loudmouth goon she really is and its high time someone on the actual show told her that!
    scotchegg wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that when the episode using real time showed sam in bed dead for the first time, the sun was shining in over him brightly in the bedroom, yet when Emma enters the room and finds him dead it is dark and the curtains shut, which when Emma opens them, the room brightens up? Continuity is badly lacking. Also surely Emma would have known not to touch anything on the body, ie the bit of blood at the side of his mouth (if it was there in the first place) and her reaction to him lying dead, was as if she expected to find him like that and the going through the motions of making him a cuppa was to cover her own tracks. I think she murdered him. Time will tell, although I think Howard will get framed for it as he secretly visited Sam while Emma and Chris went to the carry out for tea....why on earth it required both of them to go in the first place I dont know....all a bit stupid if you ask me.

Re Emma, She keeps on thinking that rules don't apply to her! She expects Heston to break confidentiality rules all the time and previously was going to try get Sam sectioned falsely too! Chris wasn't much better either though on confidentiality.

I too am glad that the Sam I so wanna die story has ended and now is moving onto did he die naturally or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen annoyed the hell out of me in yesterday's episode. Her stupid whiny voice and her childish behaviour - aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The moment when I realised that Emma and Chris went to the take away in their pajamas! :D:D:D:D

Sorry I haven't been around so much!

But calling all doctors fans, you must see this!!! :D (if you haven't already:) )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p016bcln

This is the best thing ever!!!!:D:D:D:D NO spoilers, promise!!
This discussion has been closed.