Options

Callum is a typical Nice Guy

Comments

• Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he is a nice guy - I think he's genuine and has a good heart.

Charlie has played him like a fiddle. Couldn't believe my eyes/ears last night in LF - she was following him around demanding to know if he really liked her - does he still have feelings for her - is it really true - what has he said in the diary room etc. and then even more ......so you really do like me?

Jeeeeeeez - people are saying Callum needs help - that girl has major issues - she's messed with his head almost as much as Dexter - no wonder he's all over the place.

Charlie was chasin callum around last night . Where ever callum went , charlie was one strp behind.

Fact on live feed last night
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I know a "nice guy" he does everything for everybody at the drop of a hat, except for his loved ones, who were left high and dry everytime he was off doing things for other people.

He wanted to be liked, a good guy, which he was to everybody except his family who saw it when the nice guy image dropped at home. He was amazed that he didn't get the same "respect" at home that he did at work.

It is not nice being around "nice guys" like that and does it remind you of anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep! He was going on about how soppy he is, but when Dexter and Daley pulled him aside as a friend and told him it was coming across contrived he immediately said f*ck em, if the house wanted a bad guy, he'd give them a bad guy. Then he went to the DR and asked to go home. Not very nice really!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBroRand wrote: »
    Yep! He was going on about how soppy he is, but when Dexter and Daley pulled him aside as a friend and told him it was coming across contrived he immediately said f*ck em, if the house wanted a bad guy, he'd give them a bad guy. Then he went to the DR and asked to go home. Not very nice really!

Daley can talk . Mr bad guy .who couldn't see how aggrrssive he was .
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    I seriously think that he is suffering from Nice Guy syndrome. He often tells us how nice he is (more so at the start of the show) and blames Dexter (the Bad Boy) for his failure to pull Charlie.

He follows Charlie around like a puppy yet sometimes seems bitterly angry towards her because she doesn't feel the same way.

Underneath the claims to be nice it is obvious that there's a simmering rage gradually building but don't forget...it's never Callums fault!

To stop his anger from surfacing, he's now spreading his dislike for Dexter to any housemate that will listen. His nice guy act failed the night he exaggerated when recalling his conversation with Wolfy to Sam. I knew after that he wasn't what he made himself out to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    To stop his anger from surfacing, he's now spreading his dislike for Dexter to any housemate that will listen. His nice guy act failed the night he exaggerated when recalling his conversation with Wolfy to Sam. I knew after that he wasn't what he made himself out to be.

Callum Mr nice guy or. Dexter Mr. Sleaze ?

I
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    Daley can talk . Mr bad guy .who couldn't see how aggrrssive he was .

Just because Daley is an aggressive idiot doesn't immediately negate everything he's ever said.
  • Options
    Carmen_Rose-LocCarmen_Rose-Loc Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I genuinely think that Dexter is a nicer person than Callum, even with all the bullshit he talks, and his daft gameplaying tactics that always backfire. Both men were used as whipping boys by the group. Dexter took it on the chin, and he never took against anyone personally. He was nicer to th group than they deserved and he politely listened to all sorts of crap being thrown at him by people like Sophie.

Callum started to implode as soon as they started on him. He's visibly angry and bitter, and manipulates in a damaging way, like saying that Dexter wanted to sexually assault him, when he knew it wasn't meant that way. He just sat on that conversation, stewing, until he found the meanest angle on it. He doesn't seem mentally healthy.

This.
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    I seriously think that he is suffering from Nice Guy syndrome. He often tells us how nice he is (more so at the start of the show) and blames Dexter (the Bad Boy) for his failure to pull Charlie.

Very true.

I think it's pretty true of Dexter too (as he's frequently found talking about how he's "deep down" a really nice person), but he's attention-seeking enough that it's not his defining neuroses like it is with Callum.
  • Options
    momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I genuinely think that Dexter is a nicer person than Callum, even with all the bullshit he talks, and his daft gameplaying tactics that always backfire. Both men were used as whipping boys by the group. Dexter took it on the chin, and he never took against anyone personally. He was nicer to th group than they deserved and he politely listened to all sorts of crap being thrown at him by people like Sophie.

Callum started to implode as soon as they started on him. He's visibly angry and bitter, and manipulates in a damaging way, like saying that Dexter wanted to sexually assault him, when he knew it wasn't meant that way. He just sat on that conversation, stewing, until he found the meanest angle on it. He doesn't seem mentally healthy.
    Vicky. wrote: »
    He is as far from a nice guy as you can get really. It was clearly a 'look at me, getting on with everyone, I have splinters in my arse' type gameplan that has fallen apart spectacularly.
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    Can't argue with that penny,she just loves messing with his head,maybe she also thinks that by draping herself over his best mate sam(someone she she's never given the time of day to before) will tip him over the edge,sly cow.
    Vicky. wrote: »
    Hearsay.

And even the star couldnt twist it enough to say he actually took part. In the story he was describing the act (wrongly too)

I know what a donkey punch is. Doesn't mean I have done it.

I don't believe this story now he may have merely spoke about it as above does not mean he's done it.
    BigBroRand wrote: »

What a hash he has made of the Mr niceguy act:rolleyes: he comes across more like a serial killer!
    Self-praise is no honour Callum!:D He's tries to be nice but he's ready to combust.
  • Options
    Carmen_Rose-LocCarmen_Rose-Loc Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    He is the archetypal 'nice guy'. I know his type and like to stay as far away as possible. Emotionally manipulative creeps, they are.
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Equals loser mentality. He was a saddo in the beginning. Didnt have the confidence to come to the fore. All this Mr Nice Guy was to make himself liked as he didnt like himself. He still doesnt but has decided to take it out on Dexter and to a certain extent Charlie.
  • Options
    JFDonaghyJFDonaghy Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he's not though..he's just more helpful than nice...haha at Dexter being the bad boy.
    both tossers that would get sent to the ****in shops.

speaking of Callum.
    him saying he'd muller a guy while standing there with the knife in his hands is one of the amusing moments of this series for me.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennyloo wrote: »
    Equals loser mentality. He was a saddo in the beginning. Didnt have the confidence to come to the fore. All this Mr Nice Guy was to make himself liked as he didnt like himself. He still doesnt but has decided to take it out on Dexter and to a certain extent Charlie.

Yeah i'm no fan of Charlie but I think Callum has been quite horrible to her. Imagine trying to enjoy the BB experience and having that guilt and bad feeling put on your shoulders by him the entire time because you won't go out with him. He pesters her constantly, it's really annoying to watch. He's obviously trying to wear her down so she'll agree to see him on the outside but its not working.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    i'm confused:
    when callum was being "nice" - his mum said he wasn't being himself
    now he isn;t being so nice - his sister said on bOTS he is starting to be himself
    so which is it?
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have to call yourself a nice guy

you are not a nice guy

But you are a Nice Guy. In the sense of the kind of bitter guy who goes around complaining that women reject you because he is too nice, people avoid you because, dont understand you because... ie Callum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He pesters her constantly, it's really annoying to watch. He's obviously trying to wear her down so she'll agree to see him on the outside but its not working.

He thinks it us for her own good. Once he exhausts her into submission she will learn to appreciate his niceness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't agree all.

The reason Dex has dealt with it better IMO is that he doesn't give a fig about any of those HMs. He hasn't had one genuine friendship, no loyalties, no really care or concern for any HM (the one exception I can think of was Michael, strangely enough). I don't think he cares what they think of him other than that he doesn't want to be nominated because winning means everything to him. When Sam nommed him for example, his only concern was knowing how to make sure Sam wouldn't nom him again - not the actual impact of his behaviour on Sam.

I've seen nothing 'nice' from Dex at all (bar Michael), and a lot of principles and ethics that frankly leave me feeling sick that someone could be so cold, calculating and detached.

Callum has reacted worse than Dex to being on the receiving end of similar behaviour - but I reckon that's as a result of him actually caring what people think of him. He has put real effort into being nice, and obviously wanted to make friends. Yet in return for his efforts he has found himself deemed lower than what I can only see as a truly odious man. If I look at it in wonder, Callum probably feels massively hurt, confused, and yes, angry.

What is 'nice' about Dex? Putting any negatives aside (difficult, but I'll try :D ), what has he done or how does he act that could be deemed 'nice'?
    What a totally biased post so now I'm going to be biased.
    Dexter was abandoned by his parents at the age of 8. He is dyslexic which is bad enough to deal with even if you have parents. He has learned to survive. He is a cool Aquarian who are very friendly but can have a distance about them which can be very appealing.
    Callum was insecure from the beginning, made a whole load of lies about himself. Yes I know Dexter did. but he came out about that weeks ago. Did Callum. He hid in the background and then was too nice letting everyone take him for granted, now hes turned nasty. He has no confidence whatsever but that is hardly Dexter's fault. He' s not happy that Charlie prefered Dexter. Charlie has a lot to answer for and he should have left well alone. Dexter has till thye get out, he doesnt want to be mugged about. That shows the Callum is a loser as he cant take no for an answer. If you want to blame anyone for this depressing scenario that Callum is latching onto blame Charlie the mixed up girl.
    Just another thought was Callum only playing at being meek and mild in the beginning, as I could see the cogs whirring in his head then. Maybe he has planned all this from the beginning. I wouldnt put it past him. If so hope he' s out before the final as he reminds me of Aaron of BB11 - didnt like him at all.
  • Options
    Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    I don't agree all.

The reason Dex has dealt with it better IMO is that he doesn't give a fig about any of those HMs. He hasn't had one genuine friendship, no loyalties, no really care or concern for any HM (the one exception I can think of was Michael, strangely enough). I don't think he cares what they think of him other than that he doesn't want to be nominated because winning means everything to him. When Sam nommed him for example, his only concern was knowing how to make sure Sam wouldn't nom him again - not the actual impact of his behaviour on Sam.

I've seen nothing 'nice' from Dex at all (bar Michael), and a lot of principles and ethics that frankly leave me feeling sick that someone could be so cold, calculating and detached.

Callum has reacted worse than Dex to being on the receiving end of similar behaviour - but I reckon that's as a result of him actually caring what people think of him. He has put real effort into being nice, and obviously wanted to make friends. Yet in return for his efforts he has found himself deemed lower than what I can only see as a truly odious man. If I look at it in wonder, Callum probably feels massively hurt, confused, and yes, angry.

What is 'nice' about Dex? Putting any negatives aside (difficult, but I'll try :D ), what has he done or how does he act that could be deemed 'nice'?

Caring what people think about him does not mean he cares more than Dexter, it just means he defines his self-worth on what others think of him. Dexter (and Hazel) have the clearer view of the situation they're in - it doesn't matter what the people in there think of them, it matters what the people out here think of them. If there's someone they naturally get along with, that's fine, but if there's not, it's not worth faking it just to try and fool the public - that's Callum's downfall. Dexter's view is to be himself, let people decide based on that, and ultimately, an honest but calculating person comes across better than a liar.

Callum is so desperate to be liked by everyone inside the house and out, that he constantly lies to try and make everyone like him. Then, when the lies blow up in his face, he implodes, not because his feelings are hurt by people he feels empathy for, but because his audience did not give him the feedback he wanted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JFDonaghy wrote: »
    speaking of Callum.
    him saying he'd muller a guy while standing there with the knife in his hands is one of the amusing moments of this series for me.

That was weird. I think he seriously thought that would impress the ladies. Their faces were a treat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    i'm confused:
    when callum was being "nice" - his mum said he wasn't being himself
    now he isn;t being so nice - his sister said on bOTS he is starting to be himself
    so which is it?

It' s obvious. He never was nice, just thought he'd reel people in. By his attitude re punching a guy who knocked his GF I suspect he gets into the physical easily. Hes a yob. Not a good look for a teacher.
  • Options
    momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can you blame him, I don't like him either!
    Callum has nearly given himself a stroke he's tried so hard to project a nice-guy image and say the right thing, massive fail there he comes across as a deranged, certifiable, nut-job!
    If Sophie is Essex he's Barking!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caring what people think about him does not mean he cares more than Dexter, it just means he defines his self-worth on what others think of him. Dexter (and Hazel) have the clearer view of the situation they're in - it doesn't matter what the people in there think of them, it matters what the people out here think of them. If there's someone they naturally get along with, that's fine, but if there's not, it's not worth faking it just to try and fool the public - that's Callum's downfall. Dexter's view is to be himself, let people decide based on that, and ultimately, an honest but calculating person comes across better than a liar.

Callum is so desperate to be liked by everyone inside the house and out, that he constantly lies to try and make everyone like him. Then, when the lies blow up in his face, he implodes, not because his feelings are hurt by people he feels empathy for, but because his audience did not give him the feedback he wanted.
    Great post. I concur wholeheartedly.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    It' s obvious. He never was nice, just thought he'd reel people in. By his attitude re punching a guy who knocked his GF I suspect he gets into the physical easily. Hes a yob. Not a good look for a teacher.

thanks jennyloo, just reading the thread i thought perhaps the audience who don't know him had a deeper insight than his own family's observations of his behaviour.
    as to your other point: the worst look for a potential teacher is shouting "f*** school it doesn't matter" on national television.
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    As bad as callum can be when dexter has him riled, he still remains the best HM in their by far.

The best housemate, i dont think so, for the first few weeks all he done was stroke Charlies head, since Jackie has gone hes got worse with his obsession with Charlie. He has been caught out lying not on one occasion, and hes just a total bore to watch him moan moan moaning about Charlie and Dexter all the time.