What are you plans for new years eve?

daza1978daza1978 Posts: 493
Forum Member
Most people I know are staying at home this year as its cheaper then going out it seems. What are your plans? Are you staying in or going out to celebrate the new year? I'm staying in this year.

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Stay in watch TV or a DVD maybe look out of the window if anyone lets fireworks off
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not gone out on NYE since the millennium. I will be staying at home, if the notion takes me it could be an early night depending what TV is like
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We stay at home, get drunk, have a party with fireworks and watch the celebrations on TV. then il watch them all over again on youtube, cos I will have missed loads. Hiccup! :D

Have a good one! :)
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one staying at home, with food and drink and friends and fireworks at midnight.
  • daza1978daza1978 Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Staying in seems to win the vote! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Stay in watch TV or a DVD maybe look out of the window if anyone lets fireworks off

this is what i'm doing too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daza1978 wrote: »
    Staying in seems to win the vote! :)

Staying in, is the new going out. :D
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When we get home (several people not working so we will be doing over time) we will off to bed to sleep after a nice hot cup of tea.

Just wondering where it all went wrong I seem to recall being much more enthusiastic about NY years ago.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not gone out on NYE since the millennium. I will be staying at home, if the notion takes me it could be an early night depending what TV is like

Same here.

I hate NYE - I'm not one for the whole 'going out' thing anyway - too loud, too many people, too many drunks, but NYE is ten times worse with all the drunken idiots and the assumption that everyone is having the most amazing time ever.

I find Christmas and New Year quite depressing - the passage of time and the realisation that life is pretty rubbish really isn't something I enjoy focussing on much. I don't do anything on NYE now, I just stay in on my own and treat it as pretty much a normal evening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Open door at my place. Don't know how many will come but expect at least a dozen.

Plenty of food and drink till the early hours.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll go down to the seafront to see the fireworks, unless its raining. Other than that, nothing.
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get Booty.
  • Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    Going for a big family meal in town. Lots of us going including aunt, uncle and cousins.

I'm only 24 but I much prefer doing this. Its still getting out of the house but more casual and without high pressure or expectations.

I do like going out but NYE is so disappointing if you go clubbing with friends. I prefer toasting it with family. You get some celebration but without all the negatives :)
  • Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    Open door at my place. Don't know how many will come but expect at least a dozen.

Plenty of food and drink till the early hours.

Sounds great! Ive always wanted to host a casual NY get together
  • Pea1Pea1 Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I have stayed in every NYE since the millenium but have decided to go out this year for a change. Friends have invited us around to their house for nibbles and drinks; will probably be about 10 of us which I think is about right for a friendly get together. Just looking for some games to play to get everyone in the party mood so any suggestions would be helpful.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gonna have a a house party and get loads of booze in. Alot cheaper than going out into town where you get charge double to get in places and double for drinks
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've always called NYE 'amateurs night' where the once a year drinkers get tipsy and your local charges you £25 just to walk through the door.

I had a big girls night out last night so that will do as my final party of the year
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be doing nothing again. The last time I went out was the millennium - we went over to a friends for NYE & about 9pm decided to head into London to watch the fireworks live. It was a great night and one I'll never forget!
    I'll watch the fireworks etc on BBC1 and then head to bed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Same here.

I hate NYE - I'm not one for the whole 'going out' thing anyway - too loud, too many people, too many drunks, but NYE is ten times worse with all the drunken idiots and the assumption that everyone is having the most amazing time ever.

I find Christmas and New Year quite depressing - the passage of time and the realisation that life is pretty rubbish really isn't something I enjoy focussing on much. I don't do anything on NYE now, I just stay in on my own and treat it as pretty much a normal evening.

Couldn't agree more.
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm working :) so I'm going out from the house, but not properly going out.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watch a movie at home, have a few drinks, watch the fireworks on the telly, post some crap on DS, go to bed.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    same as always, home alone, watching a film or anything i've got recorded on the sky box. might venture out on to the balcony at midnight to see if there are any decent fireworks about but it depends on the weather i suppose.

wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Apple grapeApple grape Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I plan to masturbate and stop before i reach climax then cum at 12.00
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be going round a mates house for some drinks and nibbles. We might head into town afterwards.
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Same here.

Very much agreed too. New Year is pretty meaningless I think and seeing as I usually wake around 5am, staying awake until midnight is just an endless chore. Bah humbug to New Year.