Options

Louis Smith

ladydancer1ladydancer1 Posts: 1,315
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did'nt he do really well on Sunday night. He has always been a favourite of mine and I was delighted to see him dance so well. :)

Comments

• Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest it took me a while to realise it was him with his crew cut.
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see him still dancing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Can't imagine why they didn't ask Chris Hollins or Darren Gough back to do that routine! ;-)

Loved Louis. His impressions of the male pros are one of my Strictly highlights.
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was good to see him back and dancing well.
  • Options
    ElanElan Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    I thought he looked fantastic in that routine too! Great to see him back.
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    I can't believe how much he's changed since doing SCD :o I think back to the nervous, shy, embarrassed "boy" on the first SCD show and now look at him. Not only does he look so much more comfortable on the dancefloor, but he's rather good too :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davegold wrote: »
    Good to see him still dancing.

Yes! So many say they want to carry on with it but so few actually do:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BhdeJRaEpeU
    Can't imagine why they didn't ask Chris Hollins or Darren Gough back to do that routine! ;-)

Loved Louis. His impressions of the male pros are one of my Strictly highlights.

:D

I loved Louis. Flavia was so pleased to finally get a sleb that could do that Dirty dancing over the head lift (after that DD tribute group dance! Ha)! Loved their irritated big sister, annoying little brother relationship.
  • Options
    LoracShaktiLoracShakti Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Louis is one of my favourite past celebrities - I voted for him from week one through the final and was delighted when he won!! He looked great last night - and hopefully Aliona and Louis can continue that magic in the Christmas Special - I will be routing for them :)
  • Options
    lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

These ones?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p010t1s5

:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    lucy777 wrote: »

Yup, didn't he have them down to a tee?
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad he has got rid of that ridiculous haircut! Whoever promoted that cut needs shooting (not literally!) It is so ugly and doesn't suit anyone.

Great performance from Louis.
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did not realise who it was at first - thought he was great matched the pros easily
  • Options
    sanfran1sanfran1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I did not realise who it was at first - thought he was great matched the pros easily

I agree. It took me a while to be sure it was him. I loved watching him the year he won.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    sanfran1 wrote: »
    I agree. It took me a while to be sure it was him. I loved watching him the year he won.

Must admit - when he did the tour - it was very difficult to spot him in the group dances...... he totally fitted in with the pro dancers - and you had to really look to see it was actually him......

Mind you - IIRC - that was the year of Michael Vaughan and Phil tufnell as the other male celebs - and Louis was in a league of his own!
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many say they want to carry on with it but so few actually do.

Yes indeedy! :)

http://balletnews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/7768223-low--700x945.jpg
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did ok but hes been back training hasn't he for the Chrimbo special.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Louis also danced with Flavia at several corporate events last year (while Vincent was in the Jungle).

He has definitely still got it and I personally thought he matched the other pros well in that dance last night.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird because when he won i thought he was rubbish (Kimberely woz robbed :) )
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Aliona certainly looked a happy bunny dancing with Louis. I guess the producers had to do something to make up for lumbering her with Gregg this series lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this/the Xmas special are signs that Aliona is being warmed up for another contender on the main show. I miss her creativity (and that she doesn't even attempt to hide her competive spirit).
  • Options
    fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    So glad he has got rid of that ridiculous haircut!

Don't watch the Christmas Special, then, because the haircut is back!
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit worried.....Christmas special & now dancing with the pros. If he comes back in any role on Strictly I will be furious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit worried.....Christmas special & now dancing with the pros. If he comes back in any role on Strictly I will be furious.

Louis Smith or Lisa Riley? I know which one I find more tolerable :D
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    LoracShaktiLoracShakti Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Louis Smith or Lisa Riley? I know which one I find more tolerable :D

Me too - no competition :p