my home town featured on the show :)

Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
Forum Member
✭✭✭
the scottish guy that works in the fire service, well you know the fire station the engine drove out of, in Kirkcaldy as i think it said on screen, that's the town i was born and bred in, and lived til a few years back ... even now i'm only a few miles along the road :)

and emmmm, i recall one night being slightly the worse for wear and lying down on a small piece of carpet on the road outside that fire station on our way from a pub just round the corner (sadly it's a small general store now) on our way up to one of the local night clubs just round another corner (sadly knocked down years back and flats now stand there.)

ah memories and come on the boy that comes from, or at the very least works in, Kirkcaldy :) apologies for a thread on this but you folk from the big cities will be used to seeing folk on shows from your town ... folk like me aren't ;-)

Comments

• mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    the scottish guy that works in the fire service, well you know the fire station the engine drove out of, in Kirkcaldy as i think it said on screen, that's the town i was born and bred in, and lived til a few years back ... even now i'm only a few miles along the road :)

and emmmm, i recall one night being slightly the worse for wear and lying down on a small piece of carpet on the road outside that fire station on our way from a pub just round the corner (sadly it's a small general store now) on our way up to one of the local night clubs just round another corner (sadly knocked down years back and flats now stand there.)

ah memories and come on the boy that comes from, or at the very least works in, Kirkcaldy :) apologies for a thread on this but you folk from the big cities will be used to seeing folk on shows from your town ... folk like me aren't ;-)

not from Kirkcaldy but a fellow fifer and thought stevie was outstanding tonight
  • Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    not from Kirkcaldy but a fellow fifer and thought stevie was outstanding tonight

Yeah i'd like to see him get through at least to latter stages ... and if nothing else even if it comes to nothing he can for ever more bore workmates about rita ora saying he was fit :)
  • Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I watched last night on iplayer and the sign did display Kirkcaldy. Funnily enough, when the judges asked him where he came from, he said "Scotland", maybe he thought they wouldn't know where Alva in Clackmannanshire is. :o

Nice to see my hometown get recognition though, especially when it was in the news last year on three occasions; two of which did not present it in a good light.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Thom001 wrote: »
    I watched last night on iplayer and the sign did display Kirkcaldy. Funnily enough, when the judges asked him where he came from, he said "Scotland", maybe he thought they wouldn't know where Alva in Clackmannanshire is. :o

Nice to see my hometown get recognition though, especially when it was in the news last year on three occasions; two of which did not present it in a good light.
    He definitely is from Clacks. Yes, nice to see some much more positive news from Alva after the last very sad news story.
  • Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    He definitely is from Clacks. Yes, nice to see some much more positive news from Alva after the last very sad news story.

I remember that. Very sad. :cry: