Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion X (Spoilers) (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still haven't decided but that in itself isn't a positive sign!
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit of a dilemma really

Miss out and if it's a good PPV, a few regrets

Buy it and it's crap, prepare oneself for the massive incoming bill

Buy it and it's good, money well spent and who cares about the massive bill

Miss it and it's crap, thank heaven for small mercies

Have to admit, I am not as sure as I was earlier as there is now that little niggling temptation to purchase the event as we approach kick off time
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Bit of a dilemma really

Miss out and if it's a good PPV, a few regrets

Buy it and it's crap, prepare oneself for the massive incoming bill

Buy it and it's good, money well spent and who cares about the massive bill

Miss it and it's crap, thank heaven for small mercies

Have to admit, I am not as sure as I was earlier as there is now that little niggling temptation to purchase the event as we approach kick off time

Or watch online tommorow and see which one comes true...;)
  • Options
    decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also in two minds whether or not to buy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another bottle of Becks has not helped to clarify my decision so still not booked it yet. Maybe I should try one more bottle to see if it makes anything clearer :D
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Promise me this Kittylitter1 if you do order the ppv & it's rubbish don't throw the empty Becks bottles at the tv :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 hours and 10 minutes to decide, yes or no....

If I miss this one it will be the 2nd PPV I have missed after Wrestlemania 18
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    If you haven't bought the PPV yet then you can't be that bothered. If it was something you really wanted to see then you would have bought it by now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    Promise me this Kittylitter1 if you do order the ppv & it's rubbish don't throw the empty Becks bottles at the tv :D

I promise :D I'm a few away from Rab C Nesbitt status but there are 2 hours to go yet so it's still possible. I can't work a string vest the same way he could though ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't bought the PPV yet then you can't be that bothered. If it was something you really wanted to see then you would have bought it by now.

For some PPV's I usually leave it till the last minute anyway :D

To be honest and IMO, 3 PPVs in a row on Box Office is maybe too much to ask for some people to fork out on as they simply can't afford it especially with Xmas arriving in a few days

We should count ourselves lucky though as the Americans have to pay for all of the PPVs
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there wasnt Tables Ladders and Chairs involved i dont think i would have bothered this time:p
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those that have ordered the ppv or are still planning to order the ppv.I hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Show of hands... Who like me will be staying up for the next 3 nights to watch...

LIVE TLC 1-4am
    LIVE Raw 2-4:15am
    LIVE Smackdown 2-4am

Im gunna brave it out and watch them all live.
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matty125 wrote: »
    Big Show of hands... Who like me will be staying up for the next 3 nights to watch...

LIVE TLC 1-4am
    LIVE Smackdown 2-4am

I will stay up tonight but all those adverts on the normal live shows do my head in:mad:.So i will watch later in the day:)
  • Options
    cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matty125 wrote: »

LIVE TLC 1-4am
    LIVE Smackdown 2-4am

I'm watching TLC tonight, and Raw tomorrow. But I'm working at 7am on Wed so I won't be watching Smackdown live.

Also I reckon 2010 has been one of the best years for WWE in recent years....so I don't get much of the hate.
    Too many people are obsessed with getting the "attitude era" back. Which in itself would be a bad move. Personally I'd hate to see the return of excessive blood and needless nudity.
    Looking back, a lot of the content was there to catch the attention of immature adolescent males. I'm all for blading where it's needed, but the WWF(WWE) took it to the extreme sometimes.
    Anyhow, enjoy to all who's watching it along with myself.
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    It will never go back to the Attitude Era. WWE has went so far down this route that when they do change, and that will only be when Vince McMahon admits that TNA exists and UFC is taking more and more of his fans , they will need to be more edgier. It's not if it will happen it's when it will happen. Yes people the day will come when John Cena will be covered in blood, Randy Orton will really be able to take his Viper gimmick to the next level with some over the top violence and hopefully we can get some of the soap opera elements of pro wrestling back into WWE. But in order for it to happen things need to continue. They need to keep going down the road their on, losing PPV buys, tv ratings not going up. The only problem they face is relying on their young stars to sell their PPVs and events.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well ive got high expectations for tonight so hopefully sould be a good one i predict morrison and sheamus will be match of the night!
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    To be fair,we've seen John Cena do multiple juice jobs and numerous soap opera esque storylines.Also,there has been crazy angles and controversial stuff -- in fact,they only really started to pull back in late 2007.

But ratings and PPV buys (with a few exceptions) have been on a downward spiral since 2002.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised TLC is on PPV, i am sure last year it was just on Sky sports
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lennie wrote: »
    I am surprised TLC is on PPV, i am sure last year it was just on Sky sports

Unfortunately the December events have been on Box Office for a good few years now :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just expected TLC to be on SS then on PPV coz the last few have been on PPV anyhow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lennie wrote: »
    I just expected TLC to be on SS then on PPV coz the last few have been on PPV anyhow

Just the way the scheduling goes unfortunately these days

Just be thankful we don't have to pay for all of them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never buy the PPV's its either online i watch it or just find out the results next on the official site

And then watched the tid bit highlights on raw lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming up to 5 minutes to kick off, hope those who have taken the risk and have bought it will enjoy it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Another bottle of Becks has not helped to clarify my decision so still not booked it yet. Maybe I should try one more bottle to see if it makes anything clearer :D

The girl's got good taste! :p Has the Becks helped make your mind up?

Enjoy TLC those of you who are staying up for it tonight. :)

A request - could someone let us know if Matt Striker's commentating early doors (ie before I head off to bed shortly)? Would be criminal if they've ditched him for Punk/Mathews/AN Other.
This discussion has been closed.