Most disturbing movie scene you've ever witnessed.

Comments

• rufnek2k6rufnek2k6 Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »

Bad Lieutenant.

Nic Cage

*shudders
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Hills Have Eyes father being burned alive on the tree, rape and the monster breast feeding (lol) in the caravan. Almost made us walk out the cinema.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Needless to say, in my view Mary Whitehouse died too soon.

She would have had a spectacular death from apoplexy, watching, say, the Hostel series.
    FIFA1966 wrote: »

Bad Lieutenant.

That scene where he uses his police authority to make two teenage girls in a parked car do an impromptu peep show to avoid prosecution, while he pleasures himself on the spot, is fairly unsettling (and not at all erotic).
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    *Clem* wrote: »
    Also, the kerb scene in American History X. Ugh.

Another one I had blocked from my mind. Makes me feel sick to remember it!
  • gorsewaygirlgorsewaygirl Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    The male gang rape scene in Scum and the boys subsequent suicide. Most disturbing film I have ever seen. Couldn't ever watch it again. Gave me nightmares for weeks :(
  • AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    The Last scene of Threads.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bullying/abuse scenes in Scum and Carrie. Wouldn't watch either again.
  • NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The body-schlock orgy scene near the end of Society (1992). Disturbing both visually and because of how apt a metaphor it is for actual Western society.

The greenhouse scene in Scum. Simply cannot watch it and skip it everytime.

Most scenes in the French horror film Inside. An example of the 'shock at all costs' french horror movement, along with other films like Martyrs.

The baby alien death in Eraserhead. Not sure why it bothers me so much but it is especially freaky.

The french-kissing montage in Cry-Baby. Please, no.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Pretty much the last 15 minutes of The Girl Next Door

A movie no one should ever EVER watch. Ever!

brrrrr
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benny's video.

The scene where benny kills the girl with that pig killing thing and then hss sex with hrr dead body. So realistic and sickning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David_Hill wrote: »
    Benny's video.

The scene where benny kills the girl with that pig killing thing and then hss sex with hrr dead body. So realistic and sickning.
    Not one to watch with the parents, then?
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    Pretty much the last 15 minutes of The Girl Next Door

A movie no one should ever EVER watch. Ever!

brrrrr

I'm guessing you don't mean the one starring Elisha Cuthbert?
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    There is a scene in Priest where Robert Pugh calmly tells Linus Roche that what he's doing is nothing out of the ordinary - every father wants to rape his own daughter. Calm, matter of fact and terrifyingly sinister, all in one. That really shook me up to imagine that there are people who think like that. Because there is no doubt that there are. .

Robert Pugh is an awesome actor, of course. Can't say I've ever seen him being anything other than mesmerising.

Agreed- I found that scene deeply unsettling. The poster who mentioned the bullying in Carrie I agree with that.

Beverley's gynaecological torture instruments in Dead Ringers are pretty grim.

Happiness, where the father is trying to drug his young son's friend so he can rape him.

The rape monologue in Your Friends and Neighbours.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    I don't really watch any of those shocking type films. But 2 scenes that were pretty uncomfortable are:
    -In This is England a character called Milky gets beaten to death by what was one of his mates. It comes out of nowhere and is awful.

I watched this film the other week and this scene is definitely disturbing, so's that young lad crying uncontrollably afterwards.

Also the greenhouse rape in Scum and the character's suicide after.

That scene where Alex beats that woman to death with the huge porcelain penis in A Clockwork Orange was quite disturbing and all!
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Also would like to mention Mississippi Burning.

Especially the scene when a family's barn is burnt down and the father ends up being hung from a tree in front of his son.

Plenty of uncomfortable scenes in that film. Watching it once was enough for me,
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannibal Holocaust is a film I'll never forget. Absolutely horrific.

As other have mentioned the fire extinguisher scene at the beginning of Irreversible is horrible. In fact, the rape scene in Irreversible is probably the worst thing I've seen in any film; it's all done in one take and seems to go on forever.

Several scenes in The Shining still give me shivers to this day. There's something really really sinister about the blood/elevator scene.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Human Centipede.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Human Centipede.
    The rape scene in Human Centipede 2 is a bit much - even in a film clealry made to shock.

Several of the scenes/implications within A Serbian Film are also, in my opinion, a step too far.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a child in the late 80s I remember watching three films which I can't recall the names of.

One was where a young boy wakes up on a sunny morning in an empty house somewhere on the US coast I think, bounds outside to the beach to go looking for his parents or carers. The camera pans away and indeed he does find them, buried in the sand up to their heads near the incoming sea, and very dead. So, so bizarre.

Then there was the one where a mother and father have noisy sex in front of two very young kids in a trailer and the older sister takes the brother out of there to get away from these awful trailer trash parents and they or she somehow end up at the Carnegie Museum or somewhere similar and live at the museum.

The final one I remember was like a James Bond-style film, and it was shown during the daytime. This chief villian casually shoved a Chinese servant girl into a glass box to 'display' what would happen to his 'guests'. Then he turned a wheel on the wall and water started to flow in from the river above. So disturbing watching someone so realistically drown in a glass box. It was horrible. I bet they wouldn't show it now at that time of day. This was on when kids would be watching in the school holidays!!
  • Cannonball StanCannonball Stan Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    That last one was one of the Fu Manchu films with Christopher Lee, freaked me out when I was a kid as well. There was a scene in another film that I've never been able to find the name of, where a guy turns on the taps in a basin and the water runs red as there's a body stuffed in the water tank, anyone know that??
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    One of my earliest memories of a really disturbing scene was watching Catch 22 when I was about 12. There is a scene where Alan Arkin is tending to a wounded airman's leg. He patches up the leg wound and notices some blood on the airman's shirt, he pulls it open to have a better look and the guy's intestines spill out.
  • GortGort Posts: 7,466
    Forum Member
    Final Destination. I didnt't even watch it by choice, it was at a friend of my brother's.

Needless to say, in my view Mary Whitehouse died too soon.

Yeah, she'd have probably enjoyed it.

I suppose I'll echo the rape scene in Scum. I'll also add the rape scene in Man Bites Dog, too. On another tack, the end scene in Funny Games, where the woman is just pushed over the side as if nothing happened.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    David_Hill wrote: »
    Benny's video.

You must have found it very disturbing - you've started to halucinate.

There's no sex scene between Benny and the dead girl. The most he does is remove his clothes to avoid bloodstains when trying to clean up the mess.

It is quite a disturbing film in many ways though. Whilst Benny and his Mother holiday in Egypt, we are left to imagine his Father's disposal of the corpse. Haneke's fierce contempt for the conceits of his subjects coming right to the fore here.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "pleasure island" scene in Pinocchio, haven't dared watch it since.
  • Lee_Smith2Lee_Smith2 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dinner scene in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

The panning shots, the close up's of the eye, the atmosphere, the low budget filming and sound effects, and Marilyn Burns realistic performance. Brilliantly disturbing and memorable scene.