A League of Their Own - Series 9

puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
Forum Member
โœญโœญ
Does anyone watch it? Just caught up with the first episode and loved it!! ๐Ÿ˜„ Love how obviously they all get along so well and how natural their banter is! Very funny!! ๐Ÿ˜„

Comments

• dazcdazc Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    โœญโœญโœญ
    yes i watched it very funny really enjoy james as host
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    โœญโœญโœญ
    This is my favourite TV show, this and For the Love of Cars. I a a 50 year old woman, not the target audience for either of them. I love the camaraderie of both - with ALOTO it is clear that they love being part of this show. I never used to like Jack Whitehall but he is brilliant in this.
  • One UnitedOne United Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    โœญโœญโœญ
    Yeah, I don't really like Jack Whitehall in any of the other shows that he does but he's great on this. The banter between the four of them is hilarious.

All of them doing the cinnamon challenge was the highlight for me.
  • puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    โœญโœญ
    Yeah, I don't really like Jack Whitehall in any of the other shows that he does but he's great on this. The banter between the four of them is hilarious.

All of them doing the cinnamon challenge was the highlight for me.

Haha yeh and Freddie being the only one who did it! ๐Ÿ˜œ I really do love the show!! It just feels like they're having so much fun and they don't care making a fool out of themselves! ๐Ÿ˜„ Also love Freddie and Jack's relationship! You would never think they would be friends but love their bromance! ๐Ÿ˜„
    Forum Member
    โœญโœญ
    Did anyone see the second episode? I've just caught up with it! Loved it!! ๐Ÿ˜„ Very funny!! I love how well the four of them get along and their natural banter! It's such a fun, good humoured show! Also, good on Jack for doing the flying! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Forum Member
    โœญโœญ
    Love Jack and Freddie's friendship too!! ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    โœญโœญโœญ
    It is a brilliant funny panel show with ITV now trying to copy it with Play to the Whistle .. and failing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    โœญโœญ
    Best show on TV.
    Brilliant chemistry between Jack, Jamie, James and Fred.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    โœญ
    One of the few entertainments shows i watch. Top show indeed
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    โœญ
    Really enjoyed the series.
    Freddie and Jack are a great double act and I think it's better now than when Georgie and Bishop were on it.

Some very homoerotic parts in this series though :D
    Forum Member
    โœญโœญ
    Really enjoyed the series.
    Freddie and Jack are a great double act and I think it's better now than when Georgie and Bishop were on it.

Some very homoerotic parts in this series though :D

I agree! Love Freddie and Jack! ๐Ÿ˜„ Just love that every show is just them messing around and taking the mickey out of each other. It looks like so much fun and the four of them bounce of each other so naturally! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Forum Member
    โœญ
    Still enjoying the show but it has become a lot more laddish since Georgie has gone.

Maybe they should get a permenant female team member again.

The lovely Kate Abdo was on last week but she may as well have not been there for the amount she was featured.

Mel C was on the first episode and again, apart from a small bit about the Spice Girls, she was hardly featured. It's a shame because I've come to enjoy her appearances on panel shows.
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    โœญโœญโœญ
    It seems to me that they need a female participant to fill their PC agenda, but then the female isn't required to participate in any of the games in case she gets hurt. So why bother having a female participant. Georgie was just as bad, hardly ever took part in any of the activities except the ones that called for 'swanning about'.
    Forum Member
    โœญ
    They had them doing some stuff.

Gabby Logan did the gymnastics routine.
    Abdo was involved in the truck pulling (I doubt if she made a difference :D)

And several times they've had them involved in the final challenge where it's suspended above water or a circus pole pose etc.

Obviously it works better for the more athletic female guests.

But as to my point about them getting much air time I think it's upto the host/producer to get them involved.
  • Eric_DisleyEric_Disley Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    โœญ
    Love this programme but agree that most of the female guests fail to get much of a look in. Louise Hazell was good, Gabby Logan great, but I can't think of many others. I remember Jennifer Saunders was on and barely said a word.
    Forum Member
    โœญ
    Series 10 has been and gone and it was pretty good but I don't think much of the Roadtrip.

I know they have some scripted stuff in the regular show to keep it flowing and give the non comedians some good lines but the Roadtrip is OTT in it's scripting.

It's like a poor reality tv show.