Straight men in gay relationships

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,931
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know of any straight guys who end up dateing another guy. We seem to allow straight women to have realtinships with one other woman but not men. Does one person make you bi or do you have to fancy more people of the same sex ?

Comments

• Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    I'm a firm believer that you (as a human being) can fall in love with a person regardless of their (or your) gender. This "straight" and "gay" thing is a by-product of conformity and just labels people against their will.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No such thing.

People in gay relationships are gay:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    No such thing.

People in gay relationships are gay:)

Ssssh! :eek:
  • floraandfaunafloraandfauna Posts: 8,520
    Forum Member
    I'm a firm believer that you (as a human being) can fall in love with a person regardless of their (or your) gender. This "straight" and "gay" thing is a by-product of conformity and just labels people against their will.

You can and I absolutely agree with you on that point that you can fall in love with anyone, but and it is a big but, you have to fancy them and have chemistry too; that is a different matter altogether :)

Unfortunately labels are given but you can't say it's against their will, gay pride for one example is them showing they are proud to have the label and good on them :)

It's a tough subject and a moral issue for all. It's something religions seem to abhor and punish yet can we trust them seeing as they protect paedophiles :confused:
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It happens in soaps.
  • NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think human sexuality i s very fluid. But people always say gay or straight. I think that on the far one end you have gay and the far other end straight. If someone falls out of the gay area but not in the 100% straight area of course they can fall in love with another man, but I believe it depends where they fall in the spectrum considering sexuality as a straight line with one end homosexual, the other end heterosexual and the middle completely bisexual (50/50).
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You what? How can a guy be straight if he's doing the dirty with another bloke?
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    alastair_r wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any straight guys who end up dateing another guy. We seem to allow straight women to have realtinships with one other woman but not men. Does one person make you bi or do you have to fancy more people of the same sex ?

No.

A man who likes to be in a relationship with another man is gay.

Imaginations say otherwise...
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why would a straight dude want to shag another man. :confused: for woman it is different, some straight woman will willingy be in a relationship with another woman even if there is no attraction, I don't know why, it just is.
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But a woman who had shagged men for the last 20 years and then did a woman probably wouldn't be called a lesbian. It's an interesting point. A woman who shags 1 woman ever could still be called straight by many, or if not bi, but a bloke who shags 1 bloke is suddenly 100% gay?

I'm a gay/bi woman and every so often a straight female friend will try and chat me up online. I don't think they're gay or bi, I just think they're straight women trying to look interesting or arouse their fat ugly boyfriend.

But if the straight woman was hot I'd still consider it, ha ha ha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alastair_r wrote: »

BIB, can you clarify that bit? Who 'allows' it?
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I just realised my last post is in dire need of a :D

:D
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's entirely possible for two members of the same sex to love each other, but it only becomes romantic love if there is sexual attraction too, and if they're both straight that's not going to happen.
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    gay= likes only cock
    bi=likes cock and poontang
    straight=likes only poontang

Anyone saying otherwise is in denial.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I'd classify these men as bisexual. I know a few die hard straight guys who walk talk and act like a straight guy should but can't get enough of the schlong. Insecure about coming out? Probably. Straight? Definitely NOT!.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a gay/bi woman and every so often a straight female friend will try and chat me up online. I don't think they're gay or bi, I just think they're straight women trying to look interesting or arouse their fat ugly boyfriend.

They might be. Or they might be trying the idea on for size in a safe environment.

There are plenty of prison romances in the world. For which you don't actually have to be in prison, just hopelessly deprived of sex with the gender you normally prefer. After enough celibacy plenty of people will start to speculate about people they would normally consider off-limits.
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gay= likes only cock

100% correct there can be no other gauge.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I'd classify these men as bisexual. I know a few die hard straight guys who walk talk and act like a straight guy should but can't get enough of the schlong. Insecure about coming out? Probably. Straight? Definitely NOT!.

Indeed. I think some people seem to find the concept of bisexuality too difficult to comprehend. If a man is having a sexual relationship with another man then he cannot be straight, unless he's doing it for money.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    gay= likes only cock

What has Thai food got to do with it?
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    What has Thai food got to do with it?

hehe want fried rice with that poontang?
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd classify them as in denial if they are calling themselves straight. They're probs married as well, poor wives :eek:
    Forum Member
    I'd classify them as in denial if they are calling themselves straight. They're probs married as well, poor wives :eek:

Yup true, a lot of married men seem to be able to justify to themselves that going with another man isnt cheating on a wife.
    A lot also rationalize it by saying if another guy is giving them a bj it doesnt make them gay or bi..... strange though because once they have been on the recieving end of same sex oral they usually get "curious" about what it would be like to return the favour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    I think (despite rumours. LOL) straight men are capable of forming deep relationships with their own sex. That these be characterised as evidence of some "repressed gay" tendancy is, at best, wishful thinking, coupled with some personal motive. <G> It's generally held as an insult to Lesbians, that all they need is a "big cock" to convert them to "normality". Live and let live? :p
    Forum Member
    Yeah it's like all these guys who fantasize about being in bed with two lesbians, don't they know lesbians wouldn't want to be anywhere near them? A couple of bi chicks though would be a different story.
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why would a straight dude want to shag another man. :confused: for woman it is different, some straight woman will willingy be in a relationship with another woman even if there is no attraction, I don't know why, it just is.

Right so what you're saying is that women are free to sleep with other women and remain heterosexual whilst if a man does it he is clearly a homo? Strange theory there.