Can Shelly win a sing-off

popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,605
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am struggling to think of any act that the judges will send home and keep Shelly

Shelly has a great voice but just not really what the judges are looking for in X factor. I find it hard to believe they would send home any young act over Shelly even the likes of Luke or Sam C who have weaker voices. Maybe Lorna might be her best chance of staying.

Can anyone else see Shelly staying tonight?

Comments

• MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really, to be honest. I think Shelley is dead last on TPTB's preference list.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,526
    Forum Member
    I think If she is against Miss Dynamix it will be

Louis/ Sharon vote out MD
    Nicole/ Gary vote out Lorna

Then it into the unknown
  • Matt7Matt7 Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am struggling to think of any act that the judges will send home and keep Shelly

Shelly has a great voice but just not really what the judges are looking for in X factor. I find it hard to believe they would send home any young act over Shelly even the likes of Luke or Sam C who have weaker voices. Maybe Lorna might be her best chance of staying.

No she cant as the judges never vote on the sing off performance. They always seem to vote on who has the potentinal to do better and she could give the performance of her life and they will still vote her out.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    if she finished bottom of the vote on a night that the theme was ideal for her, given every performance she has done so far has looked 30 years out of date, then I cant see any point in keeping her

and that's despite quite a few of the others being dire last night
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mateja wrote: »
    Not really, to be honest. I think Shelley is dead last on TPTB's preference list.

What's TPTB?

In any case, Miss Dynamix might be lower in the pecking order because of the unanticipated fourth member.
  • RocknRollaRocknRolla Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    I would agree with others that her only hope is to be in the sing off with Miss Dynamix or possibly Lorna
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not sure how this all works..

However, I'm pretty sure that she'll be up against Lorna, who's pitch was all over the place last night..

I still think that the judges will pick Lorna, over Shelley.

I'd love to see Miss Dynamix in the bottom 2 with Shelley, but then again, I'm pretty sure, if they were that they'd be kept in..as they will, for a number of weeks, regardless.

Rich.
    x
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then it into the unknown

If this happens and Miss Dynamix go out cue Gary Barlow tantrums, rants against Louis, claims of a fix to create drama and conspiracy theories that they wanted the group out because of the pregnancy:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member

Although usually a question not worth asking until both acts known, in Shelley's case, it's obvious she's in serious trouble.

Shelley's strong point is her personality, but I see that bearing almost no weight in a sing-off. It's all about how you sing, and as the judges have made clear, how you look. Shelley scores low on both fronts, so even if she hypothetically goes up against a weak singer like Sam C or Luke, she's going to lose on "pretty points".

Bottom line? In almost any scenario tonight she's screwed.
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are going to be looking for a dramatic moment tonight to cause controversy, and for that reason i wouldnt be suprised to see shelly stay if she is up against miss dynamix or luke friend
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assuming they will sing a song of their choosing I think she would out perform quite a few from last night. The boys category is particularly weak but the judges will have aleady made up their minds and thought through the various permutations. The only way I think she'd stay is if she is up against the girl group. I think that is the likely outcome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    No chance. Whatsoever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm dreading her sing off as I reckon her absolute desperation will make it beyond cringey.

If she starts pouting, thrusting and hitching up her skirt I don't think I can watch without a pillow over my face
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    She has an advantage over the other act in the sing off in that she has 24 hours to hone her song and performance - the other one won't know until this evening, , and they won't know until the last minute that they will have to sing again......

Maybe it will make them all work harder on prepping their save me song knowing who they are up against - or even change it at this late stage.

That said - I think she is toast tonight....... She took the place that many thought should have been Joseph's, (and that's Sharon's first big mistake!) and the producers know just how badly she polled against the others..... They know who they want out already, and I'm pretty sure Shelly isn't too high up on the survival list as she is definitely NOT the sort of act they want to win

Back to the white van tomorrow Shelly - sorry!
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

Then it into the unknown

So how will they break the tie. Will Simon appear from LA with the casting vote. Or will there be a head judge role as per strictly.

Don't really know what was wrong with the old voting system.
  • MrsGrahamMrsGraham Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    So how will they break the tie.

They'll go to the public voting figures, same as they usually do?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsGraham wrote: »

But that won't work now as Shellys line is closed
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    MrsGraham wrote: »

Sorry but they can't. Shelley isn't included in the public vote now taking place.

You have two sets of voting figures one of which includes her based on 10 mins of voting and another without her based on 24 hours voting.

It would be rotten to use the former as there is no suspense.

In the interests of fairness they may have to find another way to split them. Because they have no fair public vote to use.
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fairest way of doing it would be to do another flash vote with the bottom 2 acts starting from scratch
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    abcd wrote: »
    The fairest way of doing it would be to do another flash vote with the bottom 2 acts starting from scratch

I'd considered this briefly a couple of days ago, but there's a huge problem with that idea - you're basically throwing out millions of votes and asking people to vote twice in one weekend. Make no mistake, many people who'd have voted already would go ape shit at being asked to do that, and when you think about it, they'd have a point.

Really, the public should never be asked to call in twice to decide the fate of one contestant. That'd pretty much kill this show off.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    s_bowes_uk wrote: »
    I'd considered this briefly a couple of days ago, but there's a huge problem with that idea - you're basically throwing out millions of votes and asking people to vote twice in one weekend. Make no mistake, many people who'd have voted already would go ape shit at being asked to do that, and when you think about it, they'd have a point.

Really, the public should never be asked to call in twice to decide the fate of one contestant. That'd pretty much kill this show off.

I don't think they would have a point at all. They are voting to keep their favourite out of danger, and if they aren't bottom 2, they have done that. The whole point of the 'Sing off' is to judge them in that performance, so asking the public to vote for another 5 minutes or whatever based on the performances isn't unfair at all, and is actually, the point of the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she might have a chance against Lorna and Miss Dynamix. I can't see them wanting for the first of these flash votes to make Sunday look a bit of a waste of time/anticlimax, so she'll probably have that in her favour and against those two I think that would probably be enough. I think she'd have a fighting chance against Sam Callahan as well.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on who she is up against. If it's Lorna (whom I like) then she has a chance coz I can see the panel preferring her BUT anyone else and it's curtains
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's going the public won't vote for Shelley as much as the others.
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Miss Dynamix are on the producers' hit list. They didn't sing well last night and their production was not viewer friendly. If they are in the bottom 2 I think they're gone. If it's Luke or Sam then it's harder to call. If it's Lorna then Shelley is gone.